Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2012, 00:04   #2131
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can you substantiate your statement with some proof? The specs for the Ray are not yet out and it will be an over statement to declare it the most fuel efficient rightaway without any proper test drive nor owbnership reviews.
Pls share if you have any thing on Ray.
This is what I found on the Facebook Yamahafreaksindia page:

Our sources confirmed that the Yamaha Ray that is slated to launch in a couple of months is nothing but the Indonesian Yamaha Mio Soul. It is believed that the engine will be:
113cc
Air Cooled, Single Cylinder
SOHC
7.6 bhp
2 valves

Disc brake wont be offered initially. Indian version will use small dia. wheels with telescopic front suspension. We are also sure that Yamaha is NOT using the Fuel Injection system for the new scooter to keep the costs down and also, the current emission norms for the scooter is not very strict.

The scooter will be priced at approximately Rs.42,000 ex-showroom - Delhi.
Old 31st August 2012, 21:32   #2132
BHPian

Dear Friends

Please help me with information about which scooter gives best mileage and is a trouble free one. I hear lot of mismatch information from my friends about various scooters and i am very much confused about it.
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:04   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Please help me with information about which scooter gives best mileage and is a trouble free one.
You havent mentioned any specific requirements. I assume you are looking a scooter with good mileage and less maintenance. If so, I would suggest the TVS Wego and Suzuki Access, both have mileage in the range of 40-45 kmpl, just ensure you have a good workshop nearby. I would have suggested Honda Activa too but this does not have telescopic front suspension, hence ride quality will not be that great although Honda is known for the quality. Test drive the scooters and pick one.
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:35   #2134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
information about which scooter gives best mileage and is a trouble free one.
Quote:
You havent mentioned any specific requirements. I assume you are looking a scooter with good mileage and less maintenance. If so, I would suggest the TVS Wego and Suzuki Access, both have mileage in the range of 40-45 kmpl,
A scooter with a good FE is very hard to find. If you are going to use it, any of the scooters mentioned would do, but if it is for the fairer sex, the lesser, easier to handle Hero Pleasure, TVS Streak or the Honda Dio would be easy to handle and also give a better FE. Riding style is very important in FE figures, hope you understand that.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:56   #2135
Senior - BHPian

I'm not able to start my Wego using the electric start if the vehicle is idle for more than an hour or so. It starts just fine as long as I am riding it. Indicators, horn etc are working okay. Could it be due to battery issues or something else? It's been only 13 months since I bought it the vehicle. Any idea for how many months is the battery warranty applicable?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd September 2012 at 09:57. Reason: Grammar
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:21   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I'm not able to start my Wego using the electric start if the vehicle is idle for more than an hour or so. It starts just fine as long as I am riding it. Indicators, horn etc are working okay. Could it be due to battery issues or something else? It's been only 13 months since I bought it the vehicle. Any idea for how many months is the battery warranty applicable?

Cheers,
Vikram
Vikram, Go check the battery. My wife's Wego also had exactly the same issue just after the 12 month warranty expired. I changed the battery to a new one and it has been ok since that time. The battery shop guys will be able to figure out if there is a problem with the battery or internal electricals
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:44   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Had the same issues with my Honda Activa. Never was able to start with electric start, had to use the kick start first and after which the electric start would work just fine. The workshop says the battery is a goner with 2 cells inoperatable out of 6, suggested to replace the battery. Normally the battery has a warranty of 18 months.

If in your case the battery has gone bad within warranty, then you should be getting a new one.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:04   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Vikram, Go check the battery....
Quote:
Had the same issues with my Honda Activa..
Thanks gopikb and ghodlur. I am loath to visit the workshop just for this problem. I think I'll go to a battery shop near my house first and see what he has to say. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd September 2012 at 12:08.
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:16   #2139

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,
Even My wego (Jan-11) is facing the same issues after one and a half year of service. The battery is probably made to work like that. The service center guys don't do any great service other than doing a trickle charge, usually done on all lead-acid batteries. What the service guys say is that in Wego, one must never start the vehicle with battery start if the vehicle was not used more than one hour. Always go for the kick-start, I think the kick-start is just fine. Probably, Wego batteries are supposed to be replaced every year.
ks14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 17:19   #2140
BHPian

Can anyone suggest the best engine oil for honda activa? I mean the very best.

Is castrol power 1 ok for it?
Old 5th September 2012, 18:58   #2141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Can anyone suggest the best engine oil for honda activa? I mean the very best.

Is castrol power 1 ok for it?
Go with the Stock Honda Engine Oil. Its 10w30 now in a silver can priced at 200~ bucks - exactly 800 ML. I did a ton of research and everyone's rooting for the Honda oil.

Just replace this oil every 2000 clicks and you're good to go.
Old 5th September 2012, 19:25   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner

Go with the Stock Honda Engine Oil. Its 10w30 now in a silver can priced at 200~ bucks - exactly 800 ML. I did a ton of research and everyone's rooting for the Honda oil.

Just replace this oil every 2000 clicks and you're good to go.
I got this filed about 250 kms back but i dont seem to like it, engine is juddering from 0-5 kmph. Started happening after recent oil change.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:29   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this filed about 250 kms back but i dont seem to like it, engine is juddering from 0-5 kmph. Started happening after recent oil change.
This cannot be an issue with the engine oil for sure. Did you do a full service along with changing the oil? Trusted mechanic or the Honda after sales?
Old 5th September 2012, 20:54   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a transmission issue. Better get the CVT belt and clutches checked.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:55   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner

This cannot be an issue with the engine oil for sure. Did you do a full service along with changing the oil? Trusted mechanic or the Honda after sales?
Honda after sales. Yes full service.
Closed Thread