Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2012, 13:07   #2161
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I have talked to the TVS customer care manager in Pune last time and it has made no difference. He has zero technical knowledge and only repeats what he has been taught in some corporate training about how to soothe irate customers. Oil leakage was due to a faulty oil seal is what was conveyed to me. There is no email id on the TVS website, only a contact us form which I have used numerous time to no avail. I only get a call from the service centre, never from an actual TVS employee.

Transmission oil level doesn't go down too rapidly. I use kick start for the 1st start of the day and even if the vehicle has not been used for more than 15 minutes, self start is used only at traffic signals, I ensure that headlights are off before starting the vehicle, I idle the vehicle for 1 minute on cold starts, I have not exceeded 60 kmph even once since I bought the vehicle, all services are done on time, running in has been done for 2000 kms, fuel is filled only at pumps reputed to dispense good quality fuel, I go almost at walking speeds on speed breakers and other assorted rough patches. In short, vehicle is maintained immaculately and not abused at all. That is the reason for my frustration with the vehicle quality.

I was thinking of buying an Apache 160 after Diwali, but have woken up in time.

Cheers,
Vikram

Quite surprised at experience with your Wego. I think it is more of a one-off case than the norm. I have had a Wego for a little over a year and have had no problems at all. No battery issues, no oil leaks, no nothing. But I can relate to your problems since my unicorn is quite a lemon in itself. I have had chain issues right from the day I bought it and I have just learnt to ignore it over the last 43000 kms.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 13:41   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Quite surprised at experience with your Wego. I think it is more of a one-off case than the norm.
It may be an one off case on the forum, but not off it. I've met lots of Wego owners at the service centers that I've frequented till now, who are dissatisfied with numerous niggling issues cropping up now and again.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 26th September 2012, 11:58   #2163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It may be an one off case on the forum, but not off it.
Agreed! Out of 3 colleagues who own Wego, 2 are very happy with zero issues in their vehicles while the third sold away his 1 year old wego due to niggling issues cropping up frequently. Even after this i still went with Wego praying that i get a good vehicle from the factory since it had the best ride quality among the current crop of vehicles which was a major factor since my 62 year old dad would be using it mostly. Helping him to complete the running in now
Old 26th September 2012, 12:49   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm slowly getting fed up with the number of irritants cropping up in my Wego. The above issue has surfaced again, though not to the extent it was earlier.
Update: This time, it seems the problem was with the O rings, not the oil seal. Even then, they changed the oil seal along with the two O rings. They've asked me to use and observe the vehicle for 4-5 days and see if the problem recurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Agreed! Out of 3 colleagues who own Wego, 2 are very happy with zero issues in their vehicles while the third sold away his 1 year old wego due to niggling issues cropping up frequently.
If the frequency of issues cropping up stays the same, I may have to think seriously about this option too.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 26th September 2012, 13:58   #2165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In short, vehicle is maintained immaculately and not abused at all. That is the reason for my frustration with the vehicle quality.
Vikram, where have you been servicing your wego? I have got good experience from Century TVS, they are the oldest dealership of TVS in pune and have opened up a service centre recently next to showroom in bhandarkar road, i would recommend you try that at least once.

Again my experience has been different at service centres, i have met happy Wego owners most of the times, there have been few with battery issues, but nothing else apart from that.

Last edited by silverado : 26th September 2012 at 14:00.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 14:59   #2166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Vikram, where have you been servicing your wego? I have got good experience from Century TVS, they are the oldest dealership of TVS in pune and have opened up a service centre recently next to showroom in bhandarkar road, i would recommend you try that at least once.
The reason I used to go to Chattrapati [even though I bought the vehicle from Century] is that its location on Karve road was more convenient for me. I didn't know about this new Century TVS service centre on Bhandarkar Rd. Now that you've mentioned it, I will go there for the upcoming service in October. Do they need an appointment, or can one walk in at least on week days?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 26th September 2012, 20:17   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
Anyone bought the all new Rodeo RZ here on Team-Bhp?
While the Rodeo is an extremely competent machine,it has its share of issues , most important of all is the fuel pump.

with a handful of service centers for Mahindra2wheelers and bad resales , i'd suggest look for alternatives.

please try the Duro DZ
Old 26th September 2012, 21:12   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they need an appointment, or can one walk in at least on week days?
If you go early during weekdays, they will get the vehicle done for you in 30-45 minutes, i normally prefer this since i stay at wakad.

Tell them you have come from far off place and they normally oblige.
Its good to give a call just for the sake of it.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 17:27   #2169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Last week I had a short test ride of a Wego & Scooty Streak. The Wego pulled the 150+ kg payload (me & my Dad) quite effortlessly. Very smooth engine, no vibrations, good pick-up. Same cannot be said @ the 90cc Streak. Felt a lot of vibrations at the handle bar

Mostly the scooter will be driven by my Dad (who is 70+ years old). So the most important factor for him is the ride comfort & safety. I want to ask the experts over here, which scooter would you rate at the top when it comes to ride comfort?
Today my Dad went ahead & booked a Wego, eletric green colour (I believe this is a newly introduced colour). The break-up of the charges are as follows:

Ex. Showroom price---------------> 48664.00
RTO Tax + Others------------------> 4128.00
1 year Comprehensive Insurance----> 1340.00
Smart Card-------------------------> 350.00
On Road Price---------------------> 54482.00
SS Accessories--------------------> 2500.00
M-80 exchange offer---------------> 1500.00
Total------------------------------> 55482.00

The bike is in stock, expected to be delivered on Saturday, 30th Sep, post cheque clearance.

I would like to know from all Wego owners, what precautions should I take while taking bike delivery (any PDI checklist shall be highly appreciated). Thanking you in advance
Old 27th September 2012, 17:56   #2170
BHPian

Guys,Planning to buy a gearless scooter by this month end(Bangalore).
I have shortlisted Honda Activa and TVS Wego.

Activa is costing me 61000/- on road with accessories
TVS Wego is costing me 59000/- on road with accessories

My usage will mostly 20-25 km/day office commute.

Which one should I go for?My areas of concern are durability,FE,Stability and ride quality,resale value(after 2 years).

Please advice!
Old 27th September 2012, 18:35   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I would like to know from all Wego owners, what precautions should I take while taking bike delivery (any PDI checklist shall be highly appreciated). Thanking you in advance
  1. Check engine oil & transmission oil levels (ask the mechanic to show you the levels rather )
  2. Ensure all electrical components like lights, turn indicators, brake lights, horn etc are all functional.
  3. Check body for scratches/dents before sending for registration
  4. Ensure the battery connectors are connected properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Activa is costing me 61000/- on road with accessories
TVS Wego is costing me 59000/- on road with accessories
Based on the type of roads you will be commuting on, you can make a choice. Wego ride quality is plush compared to Activa owing to the good telescopic shocks up front and gas filled shocks at the rear in the Wego.

If your commute is mostly on smooth roads, then go for Activa. The initial pick up of Activa is very good and it can hold good speeds in a straight line on good roads up to about 70kmph. After that it feels breathless. Wego on the other hand has lower initial pick up but can handle very well at high speeds up to 80kmph. It does not feel out of breath even at 80kmph.

Seating position on both are good but i found the Wego seating more comfortable compared to the older Activa. This could also be due to the seat design and foam density on the Wego.

I have used the older Activa to commute to office (30kms one way) for 5 days and then am using the Wego for the last 3 days for the same route. Equal measure of good roads and pot holes. On the whole i feel a lot less tired on the Wego compared to the Activa once i reach office.

As a parting note, please buy only those accessories that you really require. The all round guard would not help much and stick out like a sore thumb if it loses alignment etc. Maybe handle bar grips and seat cover should be enough. But you can take a call on that.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 19:54   #2172
BHPian

Thanks.

Just one more question.I heared that FE in Activa starts detoriating after 2 years of usage.How far it is true?Did you face any FE issues with Wego?

I am more concern about the FE because i am planning to use the vechile for more than 3years atlest.

The dealer of honda activa is quoting me 650 for extended warrenty and 950 for extended service is it worth taking it?
Old 27th September 2012, 20:23   #2173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just one more question.I heared that FE in Activa starts detoriating after 2 years of usage.How far it is true?Did you face any FE issues with Wego?
FE on the Activa has been a steady 35kmpl in city traffic while ripping it at certain open stretches up to 70kmph for the last few years. It was around 40kmpl during the first year.

Wego is still very new which was acquired a week back and has barely done 250kms so far. It is currently returning 42kmpl during the running in.

Quote:
The dealer of honda activa is quoting me 650 for extended warrenty and 950 for extended service is it worth taking it?
If you are the types who can get the vehicle serviced at the service center only for the entire 4-5 years that you own the vehicle then going for the extended warranty makes sense. But please read the fine print before going for it.

Extended service I am not aware of it. I for one do not go to the service center for minor jobs like oil change, air filter cleaning etc. Hence I have not opted for it on any of the bikes/scooters owned so far.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:42   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Foam density on the Wego.

The all round guard would not help much and stick out like a sore thumb if it loses alignment etc.
Foam density is on the softer side, hence not so good for longer rides.

All round guard has saved my wego twice ( wife is a newbie and she ensured fitting all round guard was worth ).

Have not lost alignment yet, but it can be corrected.
Old 27th September 2012, 21:14   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Foam density is on the softer side, hence not so good for longer rides.
Well have been commuting for 60kms round trip everyday for the last week. 30 in the morning and 30 in the night. The foam is actually good in city rides at least for me coming from the RTR180 which has a very hard seat and not very comfortable in thick traffic. So far so good.

Quote:
All round guard has saved my wego twice (wife is a newbie and she ensured fitting all round guard was worth). Have not lost alignment yet, but it can be corrected.
You are right about the all round guard. I jumped the gun when writing that post assuming @white-rabbit is an experienced rider. If you have experience riding different bikes/scooter, you will not need the all round guard unless you are parking in very tight spots always! Otherwise during normal riding, you don't have to worry about scraping against other vehicles.
Closed Thread