Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2012, 14:42   #2251
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
My Honda dio seems to be misfiring, or rather afterfiring. The exhaust pops if I let go of the throttle. Did anyone face the same problem? I think its a tuning issue. Or is this a permanent issue?
My Dio just turned 10 years old this month and have never faced this issue in 35 K kms ! Seems to be some tuning issue like yikes 6633 has confirmed !

I just completed a restoration of my Dio which was done at Haiku Honda in Domlur service center. Must say that their service was excellent and they have definetly improved their customer service. It took them two weeks to complete and it turned out exactly the way i wanted it ! Pics coming up soon of the transformation
Old 5th December 2012, 14:54   #2252
Distinguished - BHPian

I am off to the service center right now. I have covered 230kms so far and the scoot rides like a dream. With minimal throttle input, it can touch 4o. So overtaking is a breeze too. Let me update once I visit the service center. I am not sure how the experience would be.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:43   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

How is Vespa? My wife really liked the looks and would love to get one. Any thoughts guys?
Old 6th December 2012, 13:09   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
How is Vespa? My wife really liked the looks and would love to get one. Any thoughts guys?
This thread should help you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...rt-motion.html (My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion)

More than females, I have seen Vespa being ridden by males. So much so for the retro look. One of my friend opined that he would opt for the LML Vespa rather than the New Vespa. Acco to him the new Vespa looks more fragile.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 03:57   #2255
BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Hi,

I currently own a Pulsar 220F, done about 24k kms in 2 and a half years. My dad used to ride a STD Bullet back in his college days, and now thinking of buying a two wheeler for him and have zeroed in on the new Dio and the Access. The new Dio looks better on college goers and only considering the Activa for the Honda reliability. Looking forward to getting some reviews of the Access from the owners, as its going to be in my garage for a long time. I particularly fall in love with vehicles so will hold onto whatever I buy for as long as I can.
Old 19th December 2012, 08:54   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
now thinking of buying a two wheeler for him and have zeroed in on the new Dio and the Access. Looking forward to getting some reviews of the Access from the owners, as its going to be in my garage for a long time.
Apart from Access, you can also look for Swish which is from the same Suzuki stable. Another option would be Hero Maestro, dont know if its still being sold (after reports of discontination). The below threads will give more details on ownership of Access.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ki-access.html (My 5 year old Suzuki Access)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ess-125-a.html
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 08:56   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Manohar View Post
Hi,

I currently own a Pulsar 220F, done about 24k kms in 2 and a half years. My dad used to ride a STD Bullet back in his college days, and now thinking of buying a two wheeler for him and have zeroed in on the new Dio and the Access. The new Dio looks better on college goers and only considering the Activa for the Honda reliability. Looking forward to getting some reviews of the Access from the owners, as its going to be in my garage for a long time. I particularly fall in love with vehicles so will hold onto whatever I buy for as long as I can.
The quality of scooters have gone up considerably and the new non-Honda scooters like Wego, Swish, Ray, etc. are all just as reliable as the Honda siblings. I think it would be quite prudent to take a test ride of these also and get a scooter that's most suitable for your dad.

Prajwal
Old 19th December 2012, 12:26   #2258

try suzuki swish too> more sporty looking at 5 kgs lighter than suzuki access.. better performance and handling as lighter
Old 19th December 2012, 18:32   #2259
BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Apart from Access, you can also look for Swish which is from the same Suzuki stable. Another option would be Hero Maestro, dont know if its still being sold (after reports of discontination). The below threads will give more details on ownership of Access.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ki-access.html (My 5 year old Suzuki Access)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ess-125-a.html
I didn't consider the swish because I really don't approve of its design, anyway its got the same powerplant as the Access right ? Im going to first take a look at these above mentioned ownership reviews, then test ride it. After all, if I like it, Im pretty sure my Dad will like it too.
Old 24th December 2012, 09:41   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Just back from my 11th service for Access. The last service in warranty would be after two months.
I asked the service advisor what should be the service interval after that and he replied it should be the same 2 months. :(
I would be looking for some independent garage close to my residence and a longer service interval (atleast 3 months).

Also, can someone suggest a price for a 2 year old Honda Activa (done 25K KMs) in Pune?
The condition is good, though it may not have been serviced regularly, but driven very carefully. Is 40K too much a price?
Old 24th December 2012, 12:54   #2261

BOOKED A RED SWISH FOR MY WIFE FINALLY. she found the handling to be light and pickup really good. first week of january for it.
Old 25th December 2012, 14:52   #2262
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of gifting my wifey a new 2 wheeler for our 4th anniversary. Had gifted her the Dio on our 2nd anniversary but now since she takes it daily for a distance of 17 Kms (one way); I want to give her something much safe (metal body).

What is readily available?
  • Wego
  • Swish
  • Maestro
I don't want the Pleasure or Activa. LX125 is outside of budget area. Also, which one has a better/powerful headlamp and thus, better illumination at night.
Old 25th December 2012, 14:56   #2263
Senior - BHPian

I think 17k one way demands a car mate. I am no one to say anything, but its just an observation. Food for thought :-)
Old 25th December 2012, 15:00   #2264
BHPian

Guys,
I hope you all are aware that Vespa LX125 is still available with the discount that was being offered around Diwali.
The OTR in Blr is 72,786
Cheers
Old 25th December 2012, 15:12   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think 17k one way demands a car mate. I am no one to say anything, but its just an observation. Food for thought :-)
While I agree with you; she prefers to take the two wheeler; while 17 kms looks a lot, it's all city bumper to bumper traffic mostly. 2 wheeler helps her reach home in 45 mins flat! By car it'll take her atleast 2 hours

People familiar with Jogeshwari - Dahisar Link Road/SV road can confirm.
Closed Thread