Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 23rd September 2014, 14:21   #2971
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Wego or Scooty Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hey Guys,

Am looking to replace my Wife's current Scoot which is a Kinetic Sym Flyte...not Mahindra since we purchased it in March 2008 before Mahindra took over. It has been serving us OK without any major Issues as such which is very surprising looking at the negative reviews on the Web. Mileage has been on the lower side and going to replace it now since it has been close to 6 Yrs. 6 Months and touching 25000 Kms mark.

Shortlisted TVS Wego, Scooty Zest and Suzuki Let's since my wife is of a shorter height of about 5' 1". So, Scooter should be short in height and lighter in weight.

A lot of review mags have been praising Lets but i did not come back that impressed. Agreed the Engine is good but i somehow did not like the Fit and Finish. At some places, it was not completely stuck and was moving when pressed...hope you get what i am trying to tell.

TVS on the other hand has amazing fit and finish, for both Wego and the new Zest. I am mighty impressed with the new Zest. The Side View and Rear View is nice and catchy. Only downside being the familiar feminine looking conical front shape, which makes Men look funny while riding it. And i do intend to ride this, though majority of the riding will be done by my Wifey. If at all TVS had designed the Front normally, it would have been a no brainer to go for the Zest.

Wego also seems pretty VFM although i am yet to fully come to terms with it's design and looks. Dont know but Wego, for some reason does not look like the other Normal Scooters like Activa, Access Jupiter, etc. The Digital Console, Alloy Wheels and other features are great.

So, at this moment, it is 60 - 40 in favor of Wego. Rest depends on when Wifey takes a Test Ride and which she feels comfortable with. I intend to book it by tomorrow so that i get Delivery on the auspicious Dussehra Day.

Will be trading my Flyte for exchange which i am told will be 8000 max. Very Sad.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Cheers...

We both are in the very same boat.

We also have a 2008 Kinetic Flyte which has a host of problem and issues that the service center is incompetent to solve

I have booked a Wego in Disc brake version in RED color. After riding the flyte, Wego was a sea change when it came to comfort and stability. Will be getting delivery this weekend. I instantly liked the comfort of Wego. And its more of a unisex scoot than a girly scoot. Scooty zest is definitely girly.

Yea Mahindra/Kinetic scooters have very bad resale. Mine was quoted 9000 bucks! Anyway there are a lot of minor issues with the scooter so i am not cribbing about the price. For sure i would not suggest Mahindra scooter for anyone ever!
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:57   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TVS on the other hand has amazing fit and finish, for both Wego and the new Zest. I am mighty impressed with the new Zest. The Side View and Rear View is nice and catchy. Only downside being the familiar feminine looking conical front shape, which makes Men look funny while riding it. And i do intend to ride this, though majority of the riding will be done by my Wifey. If at all TVS had designed the Front normally, it would have been a no brainer to go for the Zest.
What is the amount of time that you will spend riding the scooter? If its not very considerable and if it is mainly your wife who will be using it, go for the Scooty Zest. It is very light at 97kgs and has the same 110cc engine of the Wego & Jupiter. It will be very easy to handle/park/put it on center stand for your wife. It also has very good pick up & would return a marginally better FE compared to other scooters which are a tad heavier. Get it in black color and you can pass it off too when you are riding it. It has very good under seat storage in addition to cubby holes in the front below the handle bar too. It has 10 inch tubeless tyres as well. It is currently the narrowest scooter compared to the Ray, ActivaI, Pleasure etc. So it will be easy for the short folks to handle the vehicle with more confidence in traffic etc.

Wego OTOH is very good with its body balance tech but is certainly heavier owing to its all metal body and would be difficult to handle. The seat is wider than Zest which would make it challenging to handle added with the heavier body weight. Under seat storage is also almost similar to Zest too. Main thing is the wider seat and heavier body which the ladies would not take kindly to when compared to the Zest from the same stable.

At the end of the day, let you wife ride both and decide which she prefers. Along with riding, please do ask her to also push-park the scooter in between two vehicles and also pull it out of parking. Tell her to engage the center stand as well on both and let her decide which was most convenient from her point of view!
Old 24th September 2014, 09:06   #2973
BHPian

Default Tappet noise in TVS Jupiter

After purchasing my Jupiter in March 2014, took my scooter for 3rd service yesterday. Though there were not any complaints, the service advisor took my scooter for a test ride and asked me to drop my scooter after 4 - 5 days. Some scooters had a problem of tappet noise, that doesn't go away even after setting the clearance as per the company recommendations. Hence company has offered a free replacement of the noisy tappet assembly it seems. So guys, if you are annoyed with the tappet noise in your scooter, please do pay a visit and avail the free replacement of the tappet assembly and a few allied parts.
ilangop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 11:45   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
What is the amount of time that you will spend riding the scooter? If its not very considerable and if it is mainly your wife who will be using it, go for the Scooty Zest. It is very light at 97kgs and has the same 110cc engine of the Wego & Jupiter. It will be very easy to handle/park/put it on center stand for your wife. It also has very good pick up & would return a marginally better FE compared to other scooters which are a tad heavier. Get it in black color and you can pass it off too when you are riding it. It has very good under seat storage in addition to cubby holes in the front below the handle bar too. It has 10 inch tubeless tyres as well. It is currently the narrowest scooter compared to the Ray, ActivaI, Pleasure etc. So it will be easy for the short folks to handle the vehicle with more confidence in traffic etc.

Wego OTOH is very good with its body balance tech but is certainly heavier owing to its all metal body and would be difficult to handle. The seat is wider than Zest which would make it challenging to handle added with the heavier body weight. Under seat storage is also almost similar to Zest too. Main thing is the wider seat and heavier body which the ladies would not take kindly to when compared to the Zest from the same stable.

At the end of the day, let you wife ride both and decide which she prefers. Along with riding, please do ask her to also push-park the scooter in between two vehicles and also pull it out of parking. Tell her to engage the center stand as well on both and let her decide which was most convenient from her point of view!
Have finalized Wego after my Wife test drove both the Scoots yesterday. She did not find much difference in handling both of them and felt comfortable with both and left it to me to decide. Natural tendency of Women, i must say... Hence, settled for the Wego as it looks a more Unisex Scooter.

Thanks for your inputs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
We both are in the very same boat.

We also have a 2008 Kinetic Flyte which has a host of problem and issues that the service center is incompetent to solve

I have booked a Wego in Disc brake version in RED color. After riding the flyte, Wego was a sea change when it came to comfort and stability. Will be getting delivery this weekend. I instantly liked the comfort of Wego. And its more of a unisex scoot than a girly scoot. Scooty zest is definitely girly.

Yea Mahindra/Kinetic scooters have very bad resale. Mine was quoted 9000 bucks! Anyway there are a lot of minor issues with the scooter so i am not cribbing about the price. For sure i would not suggest Mahindra scooter for anyone ever!
Have decided to book the Wego today and me too going for the full Red Color, but Drum Version.

Here, OTR Price is 56,815 /- and 3000 /- for Accessories which is optional.
Accessories include Front and Rear Guard, Seat Cover and Teflon Coating. They carry a 5 Year Warranty i am told.
Are you opting for any of the Accessories or extended Warranty ?
Were you able to squeeze out any discounts or freebies ?

Do post Pics once you receive your Wego.

Cheers...
Old 24th September 2014, 11:50   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accessories include Front and Rear Guard, Seat Cover and Teflon Coating. They carry a 5 Year Warranty i am told.
If there is time for the scooter to arrive, check the price of the front and rear guard outside in the market and compare the costs. If it is similar then you can go with the accessories being provided by the company. Else you can opt for it outside. Personally, I dont like the seat cover offered by mfg. and also the Teflon coating is a hoax. The main accessory that you can look at is the guards.
With regards to extended warranty, take a call based on the fact that you have to get all the services without missing any one service at the authorized service centers only. If you can do this, then extended warranty will be valid.

Generally, there is no discount offered on 2 wheelers and the maximum you can get out of the dealer is probably handle bar grips and a seat cover as freebies. If you can bargain for any other accessory, all the better for you.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:52   #2976
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Just got my Titanium Grey TVS Jupiter last week . Yet to get the number. Have done ~90kms so far (local errands) and it feels generations ahead (after riding Kinetic Style for 13 years). Super smooth and nice balance. Didn't take any accessories from the dealer- the wrap-around steel frame on the body, IMO, looks horrendous on Jupiter. I prefer the clean looks.

This forum helped me to a great extent on finalizing the Jupiter. Pictures and review will follow shortly.

Cheers,
-BJ
Old 24th September 2014, 13:03   #2977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have finalized Wego after my Wife test drove both the Scoots yesterday. She did not find much difference in handling both of them and felt comfortable with both and left it to me to decide. Natural tendency of Women, i must say... Hence, settled for the Wego as it looks a more Unisex Scooter.

Thanks for your inputs...

Have decided to book the Wego today and me too going for the full Red Color, but Drum Version.

Here, OTR Price is 56,815 /- and 3000 /- for Accessories which is optional.
Are you opting for any of the Accessories or extended Warranty ?
Were you able to squeeze out any discounts or freebies ?

Do post Pics once you receive your Wego.

Cheers...

Congrats !

Here in bangalore OTR for Disc is Rs.62,350 + extra for accessories.

I Have opted only for the front and rear guard . Cost me 1400. No discounts what so ever. I suggest you get the guards fixed at dealer only. Outside you will have to search a bit. Not worth IMO. Teflon coating is a hoax. Dont go for it. Extended warranty coverage is very minimum. And also you have to ensure that you get all the services done for 5 years from TVS only. Not worth IMO. I have not taken it.

Also check if you can get the guard rails in black rather than chrome. Suits Red well.

Delivery day after tomorrow. Will post the pics

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 24th September 2014 at 13:07.
Old 24th September 2014, 16:16   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
If there is time for the scooter to arrive, check the price of the front and rear guard outside in the market and compare the costs. If it is similar then you can go with the accessories being provided by the company. Else you can opt for it outside. Personally, I dont like the seat cover offered by mfg. and also the Teflon coating is a hoax. The main accessory that you can look at is the guards.
With regards to extended warranty, take a call based on the fact that you have to get all the services without missing any one service at the authorized service centers only. If you can do this, then extended warranty will be valid.

Generally, there is no discount offered on 2 wheelers and the maximum you can get out of the dealer is probably handle bar grips and a seat cover as freebies. If you can bargain for any other accessory, all the better for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Congrats !

Here in bangalore OTR for Disc is Rs.62,350 + extra for accessories.

I Have opted only for the front and rear guard . Cost me 1400. No discounts what so ever. I suggest you get the guards fixed at dealer only. Outside you will have to search a bit. Not worth IMO. Teflon coating is a hoax. Dont go for it. Extended warranty coverage is very minimum. And also you have to ensure that you get all the services done for 5 years from TVS only. Not worth IMO. I have not taken it.

Also check if you can get the guard rails in black rather than chrome. Suits Red well.

Delivery day after tomorrow. Will post the pics
Just came back home after booking Wego.
I asked the dealer for the Break-up of Accessories and i am told it's 2100 /- for the Guards which includes [Front Guard, Front Fender Guard, Rear Guard and Side Guards], 500 for Seat Cover and 500 for Teflon. Your quote of 1400, does it include all these 4 Guards ?
Will check with the Dealer regarding the Black Guards. But all i saw was Steel Guards. Did your Dealer have Black Guards ?

Extended Warranty for 3 more years is for 640/- which i felt is maybe worth it. Who knows what might happen in 5 Years.

When pressed for any freebies, Dealer agreed to give extended warranty for Free if i took the complete Accessories Package worth 3000 /-. Am a bit skeptical about the Teflon Coating Part now.

I have Collinite 845 and Meguairs Quik Wax that i use on my Car. Do you know if it is safe to use it on the Metal Parts of the Wego, instead of the Teflon Coating.

Also let me know if you have opted to keep the Front Storage Glove Box on your Wego ? I saw some Wego's which had it and some without it. Dealer Rep told that it comes as a standard fitment. Am thinking if not having it will save some space.

Sorry for bothering you so much...

Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Just got my Titanium Grey TVS Jupiter last week . Yet to get the number. Have done ~90kms so far (local errands) and it feels generations ahead (after riding Kinetic Style for 13 years). Super smooth and nice balance. Didn't take any accessories from the dealer- the wrap-around steel frame on the body, IMO, looks horrendous on Jupiter. I prefer the clean looks.

This forum helped me to a great extent on finalizing the Jupiter. Pictures and review will follow shortly.

Cheers,
-BJ
Hey...Congrats. I see that you are from Pune. From which Dealer did you purchase your Jupiter ?

Last edited by abhi3284 : 24th September 2014 at 16:18.
Old 24th September 2014, 16:28   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just came back home after booking Wego.
I asked the dealer for the Break-up of Accessories and i am told it's 2100 /- for the Guards which includes [Front Guard, Front Fender Guard, Rear Guard and Side Guards], 500 for Seat Cover and 500 for Teflon. Your quote of 1400, does it include all these 4 Guards ?
Will check with the Dealer regarding the Black Guards. But all i saw was Steel Guards. Did your Dealer have Black Guards ?

Extended Warranty for 3 more years is for 640/- which i felt is maybe worth it. Who knows what might happen in 5 Years.

When pressed for any freebies, Dealer agreed to give extended warranty for Free if i took the complete Accessories Package worth 3000 /-. Am a bit skeptical about the Teflon Coating Part now.

I have Collinite 845 and Meguairs Quik Wax that i use on my Car. Do you know if it is safe to use it on the Metal Parts of the Wego, instead of the Teflon Coating.

Also let me know if you have opted to keep the Front Storage Glove Box on your Wego ? I saw some Wego's which had it and some without it. Dealer Rep told that it comes as a standard fitment. Am thinking if not having it will save some space.

Sorry for bothering you so much...

Cheers...
No problem mate. We are here to help each other.

Yes 1400 is for all the guards included you have mentioned.My dealer said its available in black. Have not seen it personally.

Collinite 845 is for painted parts.So you can use it. It is way better than any crappy 'teflon' coating done. Dont go for all the accessories. Seat cover here is 250 bucks. All your accessories are over priced. So get only what is required.

Front glove box comes only in Drum brake versions. Disk brake version dont have it
Old 24th September 2014, 16:32   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3000/- worth accessories for EW worth 640/-. Not a bad deal since you would end up spending around 2740/- if you opt for just the guards and EW. But the Teflon is the only part which is not worth it. So ask if he can replace that Teflon with anything else.

From the experience of having 2 Wego's in the family with the front storage box, it can hold only some papers and cloth. Nothing else substantial will fit in the glove box in the front. So if you have an option for going for one without it, you might as well opt for it. Will give you a wee bit more knee room in the front.

EDIT: Looking at Sagar's post just before mine, i guess you are better off just buying the EW from the dealer and get the guards etc fitted outside. There is quite a difference in price compared to Bangalore and Pune.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 24th September 2014 at 16:34.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:01   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
3000/- worth accessories for EW worth 640/-. Not a bad deal since you would end up spending around 2740/- if you opt for just the guards and EW. But the Teflon is the only part which is not worth it. So ask if he can replace that Teflon with anything else.

From the experience of having 2 Wego's in the family with the front storage box, it can hold only some papers and cloth. Nothing else substantial will fit in the glove box in the front. So if you have an option for going for one without it, you might as well opt for it. Will give you a wee bit more knee room in the front.

EDIT: Looking at Sagar's post just before mine, i guess you are better off just buying the EW from the dealer and get the guards etc fitted outside. There is quite a difference in price compared to Bangalore and Pune.
No..No. I think there is some confusion. I am not getting all of them for 640 /-
I will have to shell out 3000 /- and fit all those accessories. Then they will give me EW for Free. So, i will get all Accessories + EW for 3000 /- instead of 3640 /-.

Actually, me and my Wife are divided on the Front Storage Compartment Area. I feel it is not useful as it is very small and wastage of space. She feels she can keep her Mobile and Wallet and other small stuff in it. My 3 Yr. Old Daughter will be standing in front half of the time.

So, still undecided. However, the Dealer told me that it comes as a standard fit. Not sure.

Think i will only go for EW from the Dealer and the Steel Guards if he reduces the price. Will be going for Scooter Selection tomorrow.
Old 24th September 2014, 21:10   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
...Extended Warranty for 3 more years is for 640/- which i felt is maybe worth it. Who knows what might happen in 5 Years...
From which Dealer did you purchase your Jupiter ?
I checked at Rushabh, Siddhivinayak and Kalamkar. Finally went with Kalamkar. They had the most recent stock (7th Sep QA stamped) and gave me fastest delivery. However, I am not too happy with post-sales experience (yet to get invoice, insurance etc from them).

I am not taking extended warranty because (1) My running is very low (2) It will be a chore (and expense) post 2-years to keep servicing timely (3) My belief is if there is any serious problem, it will most likely surface out in the first 2 years of mandatory warranty . I got seat cover and foot/floor mat for Jupiter for about 700/- (including delivery) from eBay. It is of very good quality and fit.

[OT] I opted for extended warranty on Brio and just to keep Honda's warranty terms intact- I have to service it every 6-month even when I hardly do 2000kms in that period. Every paid service (oil change and related stuff) costs on an average 2.5-3k, not worth in my opinion just to keep EW alive. Any serious problem like transmission or engine, if any, will surface after 20k kms- with my running it will take me 4-5 years to reach that mileage. By the time EW will expire.

Last edited by bj96 : 24th September 2014 at 21:18.
Old 25th September 2014, 08:39   #2983
BHPian

Quote:

Actually, me and my Wife are divided on the Front Storage Compartment Area. I feel it is not useful as it is very small and wastage of space. She feels she can keep her Mobile and Wallet and other small stuff in it. My 3 Yr. Old Daughter will be standing in front half of the time.

So, still undecided. However, the Dealer told me that it comes as a standard fit. Not sure.
My wife uses the Wego everyday to travel to work and back, she keeps the rainsuit and the papers inside the front storage box. Its a tight fit though. But that allows just enough space under the seat to place her full face helmet. She uses the vega boolean helmet which is an exact fit. Had the rainsuit been placed underseat, then there wouldn't have been enough space for the helmet. So in our case, the front storage box has been very useful. With Bangalore rains being so unpredictable, the rainsuit has a permanent place in the Wego.

Wifey prefers this, because she needn't lug her helmet everywhere (especially when shopping) and I prefer her to have her rainsuit in the scooter than get drenched in the unpredictable rains.

P
Old 25th September 2014, 14:44   #2984
BHPian

Went to the dealer today morning, did the PDI and selected my Wego from the 3 Red Wego's available for selection. It is manufactured on 26/08.
All is fine except that it had dirt marks all over and there was some rusting on the Nuts Bolts on the Silencer. Observed the same on most of the vehicles there. The Sales Person mentioned that slight rusting is normal due to the Monsoon Weather and they will make sure it is fixed and clean during Vehicle Delivery. Is this normal ?

Opted for the Steel Guards and Extended Warranty for 2500 /- They were not willing to bargain more.

Now, awaiting Registration Number and Delivery which will be on 3rd October. 1 more week....Long wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

I am not taking extended warranty because (1) My running is very low (2) It will be a chore (and expense) post 2-years to keep servicing timely (3) My belief is if there is any serious problem, it will most likely surface out in the first 2 years of mandatory warranty . I got seat cover and foot/floor mat for Jupiter for about 700/- (including delivery) from eBay. It is of very good quality and fit.
Kindly share the E-bay Link if you can. I'll check if they have Seat Covers for Wego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
My wife uses the Wego everyday to travel to work and back, she keeps the rainsuit and the papers inside the front storage box. Its a tight fit though. But that allows just enough space under the seat to place her full face helmet. She uses the vega boolean helmet which is an exact fit. Had the rainsuit been placed underseat, then there wouldn't have been enough space for the helmet. So in our case, the front storage box has been very useful. With Bangalore rains being so unpredictable, the rainsuit has a permanent place in the Wego.

Wifey prefers this, because she needn't lug her helmet everywhere (especially when shopping) and I prefer her to have her rainsuit in the scooter than get drenched in the unpredictable rains.

P
Even i have opted to keep the Front Glove Box as it came as standard fitment from the Factory. Thanks.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 25th September 2014 at 14:47.
Old 25th September 2014, 20:24   #2985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to the dealer today morning, did the PDI and selected my Wego from the 3 Red Wego's available for selection. It is manufactured on 26/08.
All is fine except that it had dirt marks all over and there was some rusting on the Nuts Bolts on the Silencer. Observed the same on most of the vehicles there. The Sales Person mentioned that slight rusting is normal due to the Monsoon Weather and they will make sure it is fixed and clean during Vehicle Delivery. Is this normal
Coincidentally, our to be delivered wego red disc is also manufactured on same date as yours.

Ya even I observed slight rust on the bolts.
Closed Thread