Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 26th September 2014, 12:24   #2986
BHPian

Default Re: Tappet noise in TVS Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Some scooters had a problem of tappet noise, that doesn't go away even after setting the clearance as per the company recommendations. Hence company has offered a free replacement of the noisy tappet assembly it seems. So guys, if you are annoyed with the tappet noise in your scooter, please do pay a visit and avail the free replacement of the tappet assembly and a few allied parts.
Is anyone else facing the same issue lately? I hope TVS has rectified it in the newer models.

My brother has booked a 'Titanium Grey' Jupiter yesterday and expecting delivery on 3rd October. OTR is settled at 60,000/- with accessories. Will be doing a PDI before registration; any extra checks suggested other than normal ones? Listing them below:

Quote:
1. Take a thorough look at the bike in broad daylight for any scratches or paint imperfections. Do this before sending the bike for Regn. Note down the Engine and Chassis number of the bike which you zero in on.
2. Once its regd. and ready for delivery, take the delivery during the day times as much as possible. Visually ensure that the bike is scratch less and cross check the engine and chassis number
3. Ensure all the electrical components like head light, tail light, blinkers, horn are functioning
4. Ask the delivery guy to check the engine oil levels and ensure its at the optimum level as marked.
5. Check tire pressure in the nearest petrol pump as the delivery guys would have invariably over inflated the tires most of the times. The sticker indicating the tire pressures will be on your vehicle. Follow the same for best ride quality.
6. Please ensure that there is sufficient amount of petrol to take you atleast to the nearest bunk.
7. Ensure that the documentation is complete & correct with the engine/chassis no clearly mentioned on the invoice and the Insurance papers.
Thank you abhinav.s and ghodlur for the points!
Old 29th September 2014, 22:05   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of our red disc brake version wego few days back.

Coming from mahindra flyte, there is a sea of difference in everything. Wego is top notch in all aspects. Build quality, paint quality are superb. The only area where the flyte was fun was throttle response. It was instant. In Wego the rubber band effect is more prominent.

The suspension soaks up the bumps beautifully, the disc brakes add a lot of bite to the braking. This combined with the body balance tech is so very confidence inspiring at higher speeds.

I am finding reasons to ride with wego
Old 29th September 2014, 22:58   #2988
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

There's a 3 day navratari offer by Indy Italia here in Mumbai. Last day is 30th.

A buyer can choose any one of the following options on Lx, Vx and S.

- 0% interest
- No registration and insurance fee
- Dual colour
- Body graphics
- Accessories
- Extended warranty etc

Booked the S in orange. Took the no registration and insurance offer and got it for 77k instead of the usual 87k.

The elegante is not on discount and is retailing for 98k on road.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 00:09   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Took delivery of our red disc brake version wego few days back..... I am finding reasons to ride with wego
Congrats on getting the ride home Sagar! Let the Wego run for a few more kms and once you cross around 1000kms on the odo, it will free up and you will have better throttle response. The best part about the Wego engine is its very revv happy and will effortlessly do 85kmph without the engine feeling stressed. And you are right about the suspension soaking up bumps very well too. Due to the body balance, you can lean a bit into the corners and not have the jitters like other scooters that are rear heavy. Having used the wego for about 4000kms, I try the same cornering on the yamaha ray and feel jittery and scared the rear might step out anytime. No such problems on the Wego.

Wishing you many more happy miles on the new scooter!
Old 30th September 2014, 01:29   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Any such offer in Pune? Vespa at 77k is good
Old 30th September 2014, 07:15   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
None that I know of. Try giving them a call.

Vx is for 73k and lx probably below 70k(didn't check) for anyone interested.
Old 30th September 2014, 08:08   #2992
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Absolute steal, especially when I paid 91k on the road in Mumbai for my Vespa VX Limited Edition just 3 months back!

Looks like this Navratri / Diwali period is the only period Vespa discounts their models by 10-15%, happens each year.
Old 30th September 2014, 08:16   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Absolute steal, especially when I paid 91k on the road in Mumbai for my Vespa VX Limited Edition just 3 months back!

Looks like this Navratri / Diwali period is the only period Vespa discounts their models by 10-15%, happens each year.
As per the bandra dealership, the esclusivo is sold out.
So your esclusivo is still one of a kind and you bought her at the right price
Old 30th September 2014, 08:29   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of our red disc brake version wego few days back.

Coming from mahindra flyte, there is a sea of difference in everything. Wego is top notch in all aspects. Build quality, paint quality are superb. The only area where the flyte was fun was throttle response. It was instant. In Wego the rubber band effect is more prominent.

The suspension soaks up the bumps beautifully, the disc brakes add a lot of bite to the braking. This combined with the body balance tech is so very confidence inspiring at higher speeds.

I am finding reasons to ride with wego
Many Congratulations !!!
And i totally agree with your observations about the Flyte. The Flyte does excel in Fast Pickup. It was fun to ride which compromised the Mileage.

I also took delivery of my Red Wego yesterday. Could not resist waiting till 3rd Oct, which was the earlier planned date for Delivery...

Got Steel Guards + Seat Cover + EW for 2800 /-

From what i rode for about 10 Kms while getting the Scooter home, Ride Quality is very composed and Pickup is decent. Did not take it past 45 kmph. Speedometer Console is good but feels a bit weird. Instead of the Bars, i would have preferred Speed in Digital Numbers being displayed. Will take time getting used to it.

Now, handing over the Wego to Wifey who will be doing the daily runs to Office. Hope she follows the Running-in period religiously, which i seriously doubt...

Some Pics to follow soon.
Cheers...
Old 30th September 2014, 13:41   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Many Congratulations !!!
And i totally agree with your observations about the Flyte. The Flyte does excel in Fast Pickup. It was fun to ride which compromised the Mileage.

I also took delivery of my Red Wego yesterday. Could not resist waiting till 3rd Oct, which was the earlier planned date for Delivery...

Got Steel Guards + Seat Cover + EW for 2800 /-

From what i rode for about 10 Kms while getting the Scooter home, Ride Quality is very composed and Pickup is decent. Did not take it past 45 kmph. Speedometer Console is good but feels a bit weird. Instead of the Bars, i would have preferred Speed in Digital Numbers being displayed. Will take time getting used to it.

Now, handing over the Wego to Wifey who will be doing the daily runs to Office. Hope she follows the Running-in period religiously, which i seriously doubt...

Some Pics to follow soon.
Cheers...
Many congratulations to you too.

I also feel a digital speedo with digits would have been a lot better. The current set up is not at all user friendly to Register the number immediately. Bad design by TVS.

I have already breached the 80 kmph barrier the second day itself. My running in will be rough.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-1412064666182.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-1412064685065.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-1412064702410.jpg  

sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 11:00   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations to you too.

I also feel a digital speedo with digits would have been a lot better. The current set up is not at all user friendly to Register the number immediately. Bad design by TVS.

I have already breached the 80 kmph barrier the second day itself. My running in will be rough.
Wondering why your alloys are not black? Heard that 2014 Wego has black alloys compared to prev gen models. By the way I have 2014 Wego basic refresh Red-black color.

As said the speedo with digits would have been better design. It will be hard to read the bars in sunny day.

Last edited by rajakumar : 1st October 2014 at 11:01.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:48   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Wondering why your alloys are not black? Heard that 2014 Wego has black alloys compared to prev gen models. By the way I have 2014 Wego basic refresh Red-black color.

As said the speedo with digits would have been better design. It will be hard to read the bars in sunny day.
Disc brake version does not come with black alloys since the black fork assembly is not made specific to accommodate the disc brake calipers on the fork. Confirmed this with two dealers.
Old 1st October 2014, 18:56   #2998
BHPian

Watch out for Mahindra Gusto, which has some interesting features such as Front Flip-open Seat, Height adjustable Seat and other petty features. The Height adjustment can bring down the Seat height by 35 mm, which is a boon for Women Drivers.

Power figures are also decent along with 12" wheels. Hope they train their Service staff better !!
jaaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 19:21   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Watch out for Mahindra Gusto, which has some interesting features such as Front Flip-open Seat, Height adjustable Seat and other petty features. The Height adjustment can bring down the Seat height by 35 mm, which is a boon for Women Drivers.

Power figures are also decent along with 12" wheels. Hope they train their Service staff better !!
As long as their service centers are sub standard they are not going to gain any traction in the market. The service is pathetic and the mechanics do not know how to solve even simple issues. Parts are always in shortage and ordering turn around time is light years.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 18:28   #3000
t18
BHPian

Bought New Hero Pleasure for wife on August 3rd. This one was decided by wife after taking test drive of all the light weight and low seat height scooters available in the market. Her perspective in order of test drives:
1> New Hero Pleasure: Light weight and ease of using main stand.
2> Suzuki Lets: Powerful and lighter than Pleasure. But the plastics and speedo console were not to her liking.
3> Honda DIO and IActiva: The DIO had very less fuel and it kept dying on the way to test drive. And handling it felt cumbersome. Bad first impression did it.
IActiva's handle felt too high.
4> TVS Wego: Good scooter.
5> Yamaha Ray: Nothing great.

I think Pleasure made a first impression with its features and ease of use.
OTR price Rs.53,000/-.

One thing I noted in all these showrooms was they were giving test drives from the display pieces. They did not have dedicated test drive scooters. When we went to Honda showroom and asked for a test drive this is what happened.
It took a long time after requesting test drive of DIO. So I told my wife that of all the other showrooms Honda is a professional. I think they are waiting for the test drive vehicle to come back, that is the reason it is taking them time. But when we went out I see it took them time arranging petrol from some other bike and pouring it in one of the display bikes . And after we rejected DIO and asked for IActiva's test drive. They pulled one the bikes which had all accessories and was waiting for its customer to be picked up.
But atlast my wife picked up Hero Pleasure. And this is how it looks.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152314.jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20141005_152323.jpg
Views: 5782
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20141005_152332.jpg
Views: 1913
Size:  123.1 KB

Boot light.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152352.jpg
Views: 1830
Size:  87.9 KB

Lockable front boot it houses a mobile charger not used it yet.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152503.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  88.2 KB

Speedo Console.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152531.jpg
Views: 2119
Size:  122.5 KB

Helmet inside the boot. A tight fit.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152759.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  107.1 KB

Integrated Braking system.
Name:  IMG_20141005_152649.jpg
Views: 1868
Size:  130.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20141005_152656.jpg
Views: 2080
Size:  95.9 KB

After bringing in the scooter home, the very next day wife slipped while parking the scooter at home, blame the heavy rains and slippery tiles. Nothing happened to her but the left brake lever broke. This left brake lever has the integrated braking system. And this brake lever was not in store. And I had to make frequent calls to showroom, workshop and Customer care for the part. And after one and a half months I get a call from the workshop asking me to bring the bike for the brake lever fitment.

I ask the workshop guy to give me an extra brake lever for future use. And that is when he reveals how he sourced the left brake lever from a damaged in transit Pleasure. And the workshop charges me some V.O.R of 7% on the invoice amount. Stating that they had to source it especially for me and thus the extra 7%.

The pleasure had its first service this saturday which cost Rs.215 for the engine oil.

So far a good scooter only marred by poor after sales.

PS: Seems there is acute shortage of spares for most of the bikes in the Hero stable. Saw a lot of Karizmas in the workshop waiting for spares.
Closed Thread