Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2014, 17:23   #3121
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post

Believe TVS ZEST's immediate competitor is Active-i and Zest beats Active-i on all fronts (looks, features, storage space, ride comfort, seating comfort, build quality) except after sales support where believe Honda leads others by a big margin.

Have selected a desi brand considering it was offering more attractive and value for money package at the same price as foreign competition, however, on service front there is only one sales/service outlet of TVS in Thane, hence, the decision is a little risky considering sales volume and service coverage of TVS in the region, Hope TVS SCOOTY ZEST 110 lives up to our expectations!
1. You're the first person to praise ASS of Honda, probably because you feel the Grass on the other side is Green. All are sailing in the same boat. If you feel TVS ASS is worse, then Honda ASS is Worst. Except the Honda Product as a Whole, everything is Worst. Take up any Service or Product in India - Once the Product is sold, the attitude of the Seller changes drastically. It's inherent in our culture.

2. There's nothing like Desi or Videsi nowadays. There are No imported Parts in Honda and it's 100% local. Even the R & D is also done in India itself. TVS is much better in all aspects. It's only our Mindset, which is biased towards Videsi Products. If you're ready to pay the price, India can deliver better products.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 18:12   #3122
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone looked at this product ?
http://www.southeastoverland.com/ind...=114&Itemid=33

I am looking for some cheaper option for upgrading the headlight on my Suzuki Access.

On the Autolighting thread, I was informed that H4 bulb will fit into HS1 holder.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:27   #3123
BHPian

Honda has 4-5 sales outlets in Thane and as many Service spots, still due to sheer volume looks like the capacity may not be sufficient.

At the time of Scooty Zest purchase was informed by Ashwini TVS that due to increase in customers around Ghodbunder Area they are planning to open second service point in 2-3 months in Mohan Mill Compound, Manpada. Hope that soon becomes a reality and was not a false promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Vihaan Honda at present has two workshops in Thane. One at Owala, Ghodbunder Road and the one at Kothari mills compound, Manpada. Due to the Owala workshop being in accessible due to road repair works, the entire load is back on the original workshop i.e Kothari compound one. Due to this Saturday & sundays are the busiest days if anyone want to service their 2 wheelers. The scene is utterly chaotic on these days and even to get the service appointment is a huge struggle. There's a third workshop coming up at Majiwade to cater to the growing Honda customer base for 2 wheelers. The workshop is planned to come up before the end of the year. Details still awaited from the dealer.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:42   #3124
BHPian

Praise was mainly considering number of service outlets of Honda I see around and the sheer size/volume of their Sales outlets, assumed the product/service must be good, looking at your response may be that's not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
1. You're the first person to praise ASS of Honda, probably because you feel the Grass on the other side is Green. All are sailing in the same boat.
Honda irrespective of whether all parts are locally manufactured or not, will continue to be a subsidiary of a foreign parent. General mindset looks for a VFM/Quality product from a brand that provides good service, Desi/Videsi may come into play if both are at par.

Believe in Gearless Scooter Dept, Desi brands like Hero/TVS are able to compete well, however, in Bikes dept I can see Honda bikes rapidly taking a leader position and that's again visible in the design/looks/volume of their products. In comparison Desi brands (spare one or two good models) are losing the ground thick and fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
2. There's nothing like Desi or Videsi nowadays. There are No imported Parts in Honda and it's 100% local. Even the R & D is also done in India itself. TVS is much better in all aspects. It's only our Mindset, which is biased towards Videsi Products. If you're ready to pay the price, India can deliver better products.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:42   #3125
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Ashwini TVS that due to increase in customers around Ghodbunder Area they are planning to open second service point in 2-3 months in Mohan Mill Compound, Manpada
Did you mean Kothari mill compound coz thats where the major 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler workshops are located. Mohan mill compound is the address for the 4 wheeler showrooms such as Ford, VW, Tata, Fiat etc.
Old 28th November 2014, 13:44   #3126
BHPian

Good catch, you are right, meant Kothari Mill Compound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you mean Kothari mill compound coz thats where the major 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler workshops are located. Mohan mill compound is the address for the 4 wheeler showrooms such as Ford, VW, Tata, Fiat etc.
Old 30th November 2014, 12:37   #3127
BHPian

Got the Activa 125 for my sister. Currently she is using Yamaha Ray.

Pros of Activa 125
1. Silky smooth engine
2. Very good pick up. It easily pulls!!!!
3. Comfortable seating for two medium built people

Cons:
1. As of now, not many cons yet. But the ride quality seems to be too bumpy. Especially the rear pillion rider feels the undulations of the road very much. May be this is because of the suspension tuning. Need some expert's comments on that.
2. Dealer's attitude sucks. Thats well known!!!!
3.Body balance is reasonable and not great.
4. Braking seems to be weak.

That all for now. In terms of mileage, I am yet to ascertain the same.
Old 30th November 2014, 16:22   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Got the Activa 125 for my sister. Currently she is using Yamaha Ray.

Pros of Activa 125
1. Silky smooth engine
2. Very good pick up. It easily pulls!!!!
3. Comfortable seating for two medium built people

Cons:
1. As of now, not many cons yet. But the ride quality seems to be too bumpy. Especially the rear pillion rider feels the undulations of the road very much. May be this is because of the suspension tuning. Need some expert's comments on that.
2. Dealer's attitude sucks. Thats well known!!!!
3.Body balance is reasonable and not great.

That all for now. In terms of mileage, I am yet to ascertain the same.

Activa's rear suspension is very stiff - it's good for highway conditions I believe, but vespa's suspension is towards the softer side and thus has a better ride quality.
An excerpt from Zigwheel's review:
"The front telescopic forks perform aptly but the rear suspension is stiffly sprung which takes a toll on your lower back. "
Do you have the disc brake model ?i have a friend who has the non-disc brake model and he also complained the same about the brakes as well as the dealer's behaviour.
Old 30th November 2014, 16:41   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Cons:
Both these point to too excessive tire pressure.
Please check at at good nearby petrol pump with a digital scale.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 11:04   #3130
BHPian

Got my Activa-i serviced this weekend.

I noticed something really strange in the bill - the service bill from Honda A.S.S. does not mention the kms reading at which the servicing was performed.

Is this normal practice across all Honda service centres ?

Rohan
Old 5th December 2014, 21:13   #3131
BHPian

Guys in need of a quick advice. Does the showroom guys still do the speedo cable unplug to show the vehicle hasnt driven too much. If yes, how do they do this to digital speedometers? Especially Wego.
Old 5th December 2014, 21:48   #3132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys in need of a quick advice. Does the showroom guys still do the speedo cable unplug to show the vehicle hasnt driven too much. If yes, how do they do this to digital speedometers? Especially Wego.
Where there is a connector, there is always an option to remove it
Old 6th December 2014, 07:11   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Where there is a connector, there is always an option to remove it
Took the delivery of Wego yesterday. Before swiping my card, did the PDI and it was satisfactory. The odo was 8.9km. Wife drove it till home and when my turn came, i noticed that there is no indication of the speed of vehicle and the trip meter was showing 0 and the odo still 8.9. Called up the SA and he said will send an mechanic to my home to check it out.
1. Is this a demo/display vehicle?
2. The vehicle came from another dealer, so did they remove the connector and drove.

When asked about the same to SA, he replied in negative.

What are my options now.
Old 6th December 2014, 09:33   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Took the delivery of Wego yesterday. Before swiping my card, did the PDI and it was satisfactory. The odo was 8.9km. Wife drove it till home and when my turn came, i noticed that there is no indication of the speed of vehicle and the trip meter was showing 0 and the odo still 8.9. Called up the SA and he said will send an mechanic to my home to check it out.
1. Is this a demo/display vehicle?
2. The vehicle came from another dealer, so did they remove the connector and drove.

When asked about the same to SA, he replied in negative.

What are my options now.
A employee of the dealer must have got the scooter from the stockyard which maybe far away from the showroom. They must have forgotten to unplug the odo cable and then they must have later unplugged it. Even my Hero Maestro was ridden for a distance of 12 kms and then delivered to me.
Old 6th December 2014, 13:24   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak7 View Post
A employee of the dealer must have got the scooter from the stockyard which maybe far away from the showroom. They must have forgotten to unplug the odo cable and then they must have later unplugged it. Even my Hero Maestro was ridden for a distance of 12 kms and then delivered to me.
Went to the showroom and got it fixed right away. Believe they would have unplugged it and rode from stockyard to the showroom. Because, even the tyres weren't that dirty and just the door mat was dusty. No sign of usage though. I am a relived soul now. But keeping her below 50 is a pain.
Closed Thread