Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2015, 16:35   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Does any one know about the average waiting time for a TVS Wego? If i order one today / tomorrow, how long will it take to complete the paper work / registration to get over and to delivered?
If stock is available, you can get the scooter on very next day. I paid money on Wednesday evening for my Scooty Zest and the scooter was ready for delivery by Thursday evening, with Insurance papers. I did not get the tax receipt during the delivery since they could not get some signature, so I had to collect it next day.
RC card will be mailed to you in 60-90 days.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 16:40   #3212
BHPian

Check with Triton TVS Ganganagar - You may get it same day as well.
Old 27th January 2015, 22:31   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Does any one know about the average waiting time for a TVS Wego? If i order one today / tomorrow, how long will it take to complete the paper work / registration to get over and to delivered?
Usually immediate delivery available, but if you insist on a colour the dealer does not have in stock, might take 1-2 weeks. Mind you, we bought a disc brake version and that was delivered in 2 weeks.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:30   #3214
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Aviator was the only model from Honda stable which had telescopic suspension since the day it was launched. However priced more than Activa it couldn't find many takers. Also the Aviator was felt to be more taller than the Activa, hence put off many lady customers. College crowd had more affinity toward the Dio for the sporty/funky look. Hence Aviator was left to the people with mid life crisis. Ride quality is far more better than Activa, pick up is great, braking is perfect. It ticks all boxes except the cost.
The cost of Aviator is just about Rs.2000 more so it may be a misconception that it is highly priced compared to the Activa (and standard accessories are fewer and hence cost about Rs.2000 less as compared to the Activa so it makes up for the price difference right there!)

More details here (Ownership Review: Honda Aviator (Pearl Sunbeam White)) on my ownership thread.

**Since I got a December 2014 vehicle, it actually cost me ~Rs.2000 less than the 2015 priced Activa 110

Last edited by NPV : 28th January 2015 at 10:33.
Old 28th January 2015, 10:42   #3215
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The cost of Aviator is just about Rs.2000 more so it may be a misconception that it is highly priced compared to the Activa
The misconception today was a reality 4 years back when the difference between the two models was in the range of 10 to 15K rupees and the additional cost was only for the telescopic suspensions. The accessories costed the same for both the models way back then too. So if you compare the cost of Activa then and now, they have risen whereas Aviator hasn't changed much due to non demand.
Old 3rd February 2015, 22:40   #3216
Senior - BHPian

Another nightmare of an evening with my Wego. Head light switch failed for the third time, within six months of buying. That too, the switch was replaced within three months of buying the scooter, and the dealer had refused to entertain warranty, saying warranty doesn't apply to electrical parts. I never expected the electricals to be so unreliable!

I left office at about 8 PM. Before I could exit the office compound, headlights switched off. I couldn't leave the scooter behind, as there is no public transport to my place after 8 pm. I rode 20 kms, piggybacking on speeding cars. I am glad I reached home safely.
Old 4th February 2015, 09:17   #3217
BHPian

Hi am looking to replace my 13000 Kms run rear tyre of my Swish. The new swish comes with tubeless tyres but whereas mine came with tube type MRF nylo grip. Can I now just replace the tube type tyres with tubeless tyres or do I need to change the steel rim too? TIA for the suggestions.
Old 4th February 2015, 09:57   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi am looking to replace my 13000 Kms run rear tyre of my Swish. The new swish comes with tubeless tyres but whereas mine came with tube type MRF nylo grip. Can I now just replace the tube type tyres with tubeless tyres or do I need to change the steel rim too? TIA for the suggestions.
You can mount it on the existing rim provided it can hold air on TL Tyre, there could be bends etc, check and see, otherwise no difference in rim.
Old 4th February 2015, 10:13   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
The misconception today was a reality 4 years back when the difference between the two models was in the range of 10 to 15K rupees and the additional cost was only for the telescopic suspensions.
Well, this is my colleague's Hero Maestro. His wife rides it daily and complained of shoulder pains after a long ride. Upon test riding my TVS Jupiter he and his wife observed a noticeable difference in rider fatigue, and hence he thought of plonking a telescopic unit for his Maestro.
Bill of Materials (all of Honda Aviator)
1. Fork T
2. Front shockers
3. Brake plate
4. Front mudguard back side piece
Some lathe work to adjust the height and threading in the fork T.
All other parts like brake shoes, brake drum, tyre + rim, speedo drive, speedo & brake cable, combi brake mechanism, etc. were just swapped from the Maestro. Didn't find the need for a 12" wheel as the ride height was exactly the same s before. The Maestro mudguard was cut & fitted back to retain its original looks. And also due to the fact that the Aviator mudguard front piece is price close to 1500/-. To keep the cost under control we didn't think of Aviator disc brake setup.
Total cost Rs7000/-.
Took a test ride and was fully convinced that every Rupee spent was really worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20150204wa0010.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20150204wa0011.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20150204wa0012.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20150204wa0013.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-img20150204wa0014.jpg  

Last edited by ilangop : 4th February 2015 at 10:17.
ilangop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 10:41   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Took a test ride and was fully convinced that every Rupee spent was really worth it.
Thats fantastic mate. A VFM mods. Where was this done? I had long time back enquired with Honda workshop about using the Aviator front telescopic suspensions for my Activa which they flatly refused citing change in scooter dynamics.

From the pics it can be seen that the front mudguard is exposing the front tyre a bit too much.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 13:07   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
Thats fantastic mate. A VFM mods. Where was this done? I had long time back enquired with Honda workshop about using the Aviator front telescopic suspensions for my Activa which they flatly refused citing change in scooter dynamics.
It was a DIY. Colleague lives in the same housing society as I do. It was done in the same parking space where the scooter stands now. Honda / Hero workshops won't do it. They are authorized to replace only with parts which have been validated by the company. Still you may open up a thread where I can guide you on a telescopic conversion for Activa.

Quote:
From the pics it can be seen that the front mudguard is exposing the front tyre a bit too much.
Just a little but actually not too much that it looks awkward. An Aviator mudguard would have kept looks in place, but dropped the idea considering its cost & need to paint it with a matching colour.
Old 4th February 2015, 13:14   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Still you may open up a thread where I can guide you on a telescopic conversion for Activa.
Still better if you could start a thread since you have already done the conversion. I hope you do have the part details also including the specific part nos. A step by step walk through with pics would help.

Two questions:
1) Does this DIY nullified the Warranty of Maestro?
2) How does the scooter drive over broken roads, does the telescopic suspension truly makes the ride less cumbersome or the bumps are transmitted to the hands.
Old 4th February 2015, 15:27   #3223
Senior - BHPian

Hope this DIY and that you felt the need to do it makes people think about purchasing only the telescopic suspension scooters. I wonder how can people still buy link type suspension vehicles even after so many years of bad reviews.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 16:47   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Two questions:
1) Does this DIY nullified the Warranty of Maestro?
2) How does the scooter drive over broken roads, does the telescopic suspension truly makes the ride less cumbersome or the bumps are transmitted to the hands.
1) Yes & No. Because you are structurally modifying the scooter. But again this modification should not void the warranty on an electrical or engine component.
2) The feel was far better. The impact on the shoulder was lesser while riding over bumps. Borrow a Jupiter / Aviator from a friend and take a test ride on bad road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Hope this DIY and that you felt the need to do it makes people think about purchasing only the telescopic suspension scooters. I wonder how can people still buy link type suspension vehicles even after so many years of bad reviews.
The intuition that telescopic suspensions are better came in my mind when I slipped from my previous Kinetic Honda while riding over a small pebble while negotiating a turn. I was at a very slow speed and luckily was unhurt after the skid. While the same thing never happened in my motorbike or Vijai Super (It also has a swing-arm but a trailing type, not leading like in Kinetic Honda).
With this experience I shortlisted TVS Jupiter as my next scooter.

Last edited by ilangop : 4th February 2015 at 16:53.
Old 11th February 2015, 17:43   #3225
Senior - BHPian

I am now planning to sell my 5 year old TVS Jive and buy a Wego. Visited my area TVS showroom and discussed with them and they are willing to pay Rs.15000 for the Jive (saying that motor bikes market is very low and even the market for New Bikes are bad comparing the Scooter market)

What do you all feel - is 15k is the right price for the Jive (may be they will be keeping some margin when they re-sell the bike after doing some service etc)??
Closed Thread