Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 19th January 2008, 09:15   #316
BHPian

deetee> me sounding bit offenceive is riduculous as ravi@64 has himself admitted that he has curious onlookers riding flyte and he does not care about it (fully acknowledging the fact he is riding an female scooter and getting curious looks)

ravi@64bhp > It would be appropriate to ask kinetic people why they call the flyte a female scooter as they are the ones who designed it for them.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:22   #317
BHPian

hoolywoodgon> can u tell me one succesful ungeared scooter from Bajaj pls dont compare bajaj scoots with Hondas who are running the show succesfully from there start(Activa),better u can search Blade in scrap shop soooooooon.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:56   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
hoolywoodgon> can u tell me one succesful ungeared scooter from Bajaj pls dont compare bajaj scoots with Hondas who are running the show succesfully from there start(Activa),better u can search Blade in scrap shop soooooooon.
agreed, but lets not underestimate bajaj (i do not under-estimate honda for that matter, but just question their boring launches in india thus far). digressing a little - as much as you question bajaj with scooters, i question honda motorcycle in india? bajaj has knocked the living daylights out of honda motorcycles in india. honda has only ONE successful model in india and thats the activa. its motorcycle fleet is almost history. honda had nothing new with regards to motorcycles at the expo whereas bajaj had a scooter and several bikes that will hit the roads this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
hogan, the nameplate said 12 ps. My eyes popped out
its a 8.5, i read it on the spec standee. unless i am hugely mistaken , which i do not think.
Old 19th January 2008, 12:06   #319
BHPian

recently rode a friends kinetic style, was not very impressed though.inspite of being 125cc the bike some how lacks the punch.also seems a little small.but liked the little goodies that kinetic has given like the mobile charger, small compartments for small items. as far as the ride goes it picks up after an initial lag. also takes a little longer than usual to warm up. my friend is also having a little trouble with the starter specially with early morning starts. two big guys like us sitting on the bike doesnt make a very pleasurable ride.all and all like the ads suggest is a decent city bike for female riders( no offense)!!
Old 19th January 2008, 13:28   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
the bajaj blade is a 125cc, 8.5 bhp and is scheduled for launch middle of this year......
its a 8.5, i read it on the spec standee. unless i am hugely mistaken , which i do not think.
You are

Blurry but correct:
Old 19th January 2008, 13:55   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It's been designed for petite females. Dimensions are smaller and the scoot is very light and manuverable (remember Bajaj Sunny). Not good for doubles or well fed males.
Talking of dimensions, here you go.

Honda Activa:
Dimensions (lxbxh) 1765 x 715 x 1130 mm
Wheel base 1235 mm
Kerb Weight (in kgs) 111
Ground clearance 145 smm

Kinetic Flyte:
Dimensions (LxWxH) 1790 x 670 x 1100 mm
Wheel Base 1260
Kerb Weight (in kgs) 106
Ground Clearance (in mm) 135

I dont see any zameen aasaman ka farak in these. Just a difference of 5 kgs and you call it very light?
Again, notice that it has a larger wheelbase and length than the Activa. And being 'better manuverable' does not make it a female thing, does it?

Actually a lot of blame goes to the fact that they made a female its brand ambassador.
Ok. What if the Honda City or the WagonR ad had a female driving the cars, instead of male? How many of would call them 'Female Cars' then?

Last edited by DCEite : 19th January 2008 at 13:58.
Old 19th January 2008, 14:50   #322
BHPian

Today went to Kinetic Showroom to fix the front indicator bulbs that have gone again. I was there for around 1 hour and they sold 3 Flytes in that one hour. Everybody asked my opinion about the feel of the scooter. I even suggested them Access to consider as other good option. But, after having test ride of Flyte (two of them already had test ride of Access), they never looked for other option. Two of them are males. When I asked about why they are taking a 'female' branded scooter, they questioned me 'what made you to think it is a 'female' scooter, Is it because it is endorsed by a female??

DCEite,
Did you get any problem with front indicators? The bulbs have gone for toss for the second time in a week. I enquired the service guy at the showroom, and he told me there is a problem with indicator bulbs, and many Flytes had the problem. Am going to call the toll-free number and give a complaint about this.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 19th January 2008 at 14:51.
Old 19th January 2008, 15:18   #323
BHPian

can you pls post the number here? I need to ask about the availability and pricing of the disk brakes for the blaze. Here they are quoting 6k for them :(
Old 19th January 2008, 15:24   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
DCEite,
Did you get any problem with front indicators? The bulbs have gone for toss for the second time in a week. I enquired the service guy at the showroom, and he told me there is a problem with indicator bulbs, and many Flytes had the problem. Am going to call the toll-free number and give a complaint about this.
Nop. But the buzzer i got installed for indicators went off after a week.

You may also contact the customer care at:
Roopali <rih[at]kineticindia.com>,
<nmb[at]kineticindia.com>
Old 19th January 2008, 17:27   #325
BHPian

devil in flesh > thks pal for supporting my idea flyte rightly belongs to female riders as kinetic people themselves agree, also there seems to be lot of problems faced by ravi@64bhp owning the flyte & i really feel sorry.
Old 19th January 2008, 19:33   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
devil in flesh > thks pal for supporting my idea flyte rightly belongs to female riders as kinetic people themselves agree, also there seems to be lot of problems faced by ravi@64bhp owning the flyte & i really feel sorry.
Ok sir Flyte is a female scooty with lots and lots of problems and we Flyte owners are doomed for life.
Happy?!
Old 19th January 2008, 20:39   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Talking of dimensions, here you go.

Honda Activa:
Dimensions (lxbxh) 1765 x 715 x 1130 mm
Wheel base 1235 mm
Kerb Weight (in kgs) 111
Ground clearance 145 smm

Kinetic Flyte:
Dimensions (LxWxH) 1790 x 670 x 1100 mm
Wheel Base 1260
Kerb Weight (in kgs) 106
Ground Clearance (in mm) 135

I dont see any zameen aasaman ka farak in these. Just a difference of 5 kgs and you call it very light?
Again, notice that it has a larger wheelbase and length than the Activa. And being 'better manuverable' does not make it a female thing, does it?

Actually a lot of blame goes to the fact that they made a female its brand ambassador.
Ok. What if the Honda City or the WagonR ad had a female driving the cars, instead of male? How many of would call them 'Female Cars' then?
Hey DCite, I thought Ravi was referring the Scooty as in TVS Scooty Pep. Now that I think if it he was calling a scooter as a scooty.

The 90 cc Scooty Pep is the one that is targeted at the fairer sex. The Flyte 125 is definitely a full size scoot and I would love to buy one for myself.
Old 19th January 2008, 22:01   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Lot of problems? Only the front indicators have gone for a toss. As this problem is seen in some Flyte, I think the company will take up the issue and will rectify it soon.

Other than that, there are no other problems or issues with my flyte. Right now, I am very happy for my decision of buying the Flyte, and most important, my wife like it a lot and is in 7th heaven.

And quite a number of people asked about flyte, whenever I go out, and all were really amazed that it is from Kinetic.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 19th January 2008 at 22:04.
Old 19th January 2008, 22:08   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvvkumar View Post
can you pls post the number here? I need to ask about the availability and pricing of the disk brakes for the blaze. Here they are quoting 6k for them :(
Hi Kumar,
When I enquired last time around 5 months back the disc brake for my Blaze, the price you quoted is what they quoted to me. Quite pricey, and I did not want to spend much on that 'black elephant' (read my Blaze), as I have already spent lots of money on that. Anyway, that black elephant was past, and I do not want to remember the episode.

Hope you are having good times with your blaze.
Old 20th January 2008, 00:01   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You are

Blurry but correct:
. wow! 12PS from a 125cc. thats some performance!
Closed Thread