Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2015, 09:38   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
1. Check the battery charge level. Might solve both the problems. Could be because of season change also.
The problem is, the Jupiter is just over a month old and we had absolutely no issues prior to handing it over for the first service. Anyway, let me get the battery charge checked.
Quote:
2. It is normal because the fuel inside the tank sloshes and brings the level sensing float to a lower position because of which the warning lamps lights up. Just get bothered only if it is continuously ON.
This struck my mind too but I felt half a tank of fuel is a pretty high level for the float sensor to be tossed to a lower position. Thanks for the clarifications though.
Old 28th June 2015, 18:15   #3392
BHPian

Yes, it is, you need to get that checked too. Mine flashes for a few times before coming on permanently only when the fuel level is pretty low, not otherwise
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:06   #3393
BHPian

I have a question, I have noticed 2 different types of telescopic front suspension setups.

Normal setup - TVS Jupiter, activa 125, Yamaha all scooters

And trailing link setup - TVS wego, Suzuki access and swish

See the photos attached from a TVS wego (black) and Jupiter(white).

My question is that what is the advantage of choosing a trailing link setup? Or is this a way of cost saving? Or is there no significant difference?

If I recall correctly, when the classic 500 was launched it had an offset (leading link) setup which led to a nervous front end during braking but royal Enfield later changed this to a normal setup to resolve the issue.
Attached Images

Old 28th June 2015, 22:57   #3394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9ie View Post
I have a question, I have noticed 2 different types of telescopic front suspension setups.

Normal setup - TVS Jupiter, activa 125, Yamaha all scooters

And trailing link setup - TVS wego, Suzuki access and swish

See the photos attached from a TVS wego (black) and Jupiter(white).

My question is that what is the advantage of choosing a trailing link setup? Or is this a way of cost saving? Or is there no significant difference?
I am not sure about the braking behaviour, but I feel that the offset setup will accomodate a longer fork, which may provide greater suspension travel and/or a softer suspension setup. If the length is increased and yet the tyre is mounted at the end of the strut or whatever it is called, it will make the front look extremely tall and high. However I have no idea if this is done from a different perspective.
Old 29th June 2015, 09:58   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not sure about the braking behaviour, but I feel that the offset setup will accomodate a longer fork, which may provide greater suspension travel and/or a softer suspension setup. If the length is increased and yet the tyre is mounted at the end of the strut or whatever it is called, it will make the front look extremely tall and high. However I have no idea if this is done from a different perspective.
Hmm, that sounds logical. So an offset setup can increase the suspension travel while keeping front end height relatively constant. There might be a slight negative effect on handling since it alters the geometry but may not get noticed during the average daily commute.
Old 29th June 2015, 10:37   #3396
BHPian

Post Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What's the v-ribbed belt?
The belt in an automatic scooter is the equivalent of a chain in a bike.

These videos will give an overview as to how a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) works.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 29th June 2015 at 10:47.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 12:13   #3397
BHPian

Between Scooty Zest & Hero Pleasure which is a better bike , buying for my wife
Old 4th July 2015, 12:48   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I would suggest the Scooty Zest since it is lighter than the Pleasure. Also, the Zest has more power compared to the Pleasure. But, the Pleasure has more features like mobile charger and also, according to me the Pleasure looks better thanks to it's alloy wheels. Zest is a good choice for your wife due to it's light weight and higher fuel efficiency.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:14   #3399
BHPian

Default Query on Wego

I have a 2014 Wego and done around 2K in the first year of ownership. No major issues with the wego and all the services are done on time.

I have observed that it is hard to balance and ride the scooter when the pillion rider sits on one-side (perpendicular to the rider, facing the left side). I feel that there is undue pressure on the hands to hold the handlebar straight. This is not observed when I am driving alone or while riding my previous bike (splendor)

1. Is this because of the boby balance technology?
2. Is it common with the scooters?
3. If it is specific to my scooter, what should I check for?

Thanks!
Old 6th July 2015, 15:49   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
I have a 2014 Wego and done around 2K in the first year of ownership. No major issues with the wego and all the services are done on time.

I have observed that it is hard to balance and ride the scooter when the pillion rider sits on one-side (perpendicular to the rider, facing the left side). I feel that there is undue pressure on the hands to hold the handlebar straight. This is not observed when I am driving alone or while riding my previous bike (splendor)

Thanks!
I don't think it is because of the body balance technology because I face the same problem on my Maestro when the pillion rider sits facing the left side. Pressure on the arms is due to the riding position and also due to the added weight. Try changing the riding position while riding with a pillion to sort your problem. This is normal in all scooters and there is nothing to worry.
Old 6th July 2015, 16:07   #3401
BHPian

Default Re: Query on Wego

Quote:

Thanks!
I think it is more due to the riding position of scooters compared to bikes. I have this problem whenever I take our Activa 125 or my fathers Wave Dtsi even for short distances, and the severety of the pain increaseswhen I move closer to the handle bar.

Try different sitting positions.
Old 6th July 2015, 16:42   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I was in the same boat and this is why I did choose Zest above Pleasure:

Quote:
Pleasure was not considered because it is heavier, costlier, do not have front telescopic shock absorbers, and have less power than Zest. Also Zest have a better (in fact, I think it is best in class) under seat storage and is more gender neutral (this is strictly my observation - may or may not match with others ) and fresh design than Pleasure. The under-seat storage of Zest easily swallows a full face helmet.
I may have been wrong on the pricing part though. You can check my thread to know more about my experience with Zest - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...hite-swan.html (TVS Scooty Zest - The story of our White Swan)

--Anoop
Old 7th July 2015, 08:33   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak7 View Post
I don't think it is because of the body balance technology because I face the same problem on my Maestro when the pillion rider sits facing the left side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
I think it is more due to the riding position of scooters compared to bikes. Try different sitting positions.
Glad to hear that it is normal with scooters and I will try changing the sitting position to see if there is any respite.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:10   #3404
BHPian

Default Re: Query on Wego

Quote:

Thanks!
Hi

there is nothing to worry about as its not a drag. Normally scooterettes tend to drag to one side due to laden weight and shift in center of gravity. Per your problem as its only to hold the handle bar stright, just adjust your seating position. Ideal position is not sit at 90 degrees but with a slight bend forward (~80 degree). that ergonomically gives you a lot of degree of freedom to negotiate the handle bar.
Old 7th July 2015, 22:44   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Check the battery charge level. Might solve both the problems. Could be because of season change also.
The battery was perfectly fine. I just fueled it to the brim and since then haven't faced the problem again. Hopefully, it stays this way.
Quote:
2. It is normal because the fuel inside the tank sloshes and brings the level sensing float to a lower position because of which the warning lamps lights up. Just get bothered only if it is continuously ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Yes, it is, you need to get that checked too. Mine flashes for a few times before coming on permanently only when the fuel level is pretty low, not otherwise
I've been riding the Jupiter to work for the last one week to observe the behavior of the fuel gauge. This is how it works:

* Until the fuel level reaches one-fourth of the tank capacity, the warning lamp is dormant.
* After that, it flashes intermittently when I brake and accelerate or when the road conditions are bumpy.
* When the fuel level is at approximately 20% or so, it turns on permanently.

This is consistent with what the both of you have stated. All's well then I guess.

Meanwhile, our Stallion Brown scoot crossed the 1000 km milestone today. It's a little over 2 months now since we rode it home and its been a very good choice.

The Gearless Scooter Thread-20150707tvs-jupiter-se-1000km-milestone.jpg
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread