Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2008, 10:03   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hi Kumar,
When I enquired last time around 5 months back the disc brake for my Blaze, the price you quoted is what they quoted to me. Quite pricey, and I did not want to spend much on that 'black elephant' (read my Blaze), as I have already spent lots of money on that. Anyway, that black elephant was past, and I do not want to remember the episode.

Hope you are having good times with your blaze.
They say that in the first 2 years of marriage, you are blind to the shortcomings of your partner lesse if that is the case right now as its been only 5 months since i got the blaze! What did you do? mooved on to another vehicle? Also, is it a black elephant because of the dimnsions or the maintanance or both?

As for the brakes, well, i also think its not worth getting them for such a premium. Better to drive extra carefully.
Old 20th January 2008, 10:22   #332
BHPian

then its a printing mistake from bajaj.. no way the 125cc blade is going to be 12hp. the italiano blaze with a 170cc 4 valve engine is about that.

earlier blade was to be launched as 150cc or more.. so some printing error.
lets wait till its launched. if its really 12 PS i will eat my words.
Old 20th January 2008, 12:16   #333
BHPian

DCelite > no hard feelings palcheers: SYM is currently in more than 65 countries and they maintain highest standards only problem is kinetic has to follow it lets hope for it .
Old 20th January 2008, 18:55   #334
BHPian

i went to a nearby kinetic showroom today with friends of mine who wanted to buy a gearless vehicle. we were there for about say 30 mins and 2 families were already there for the flyte busy chatting with the sales rep about the access. when i queried them, they told me that they had infact visited a suzuki showroom down the road a few minutes back, test drove the access and came back to the kinetic showroom to book a flyte.

that convinced my friends right away to book a flyte. for weeks i had been telling them to go in for the flyte but they were not fully convinced but one chat with a couple of strangers and voila! they now see wisdom in what i have been saying for so long. . so much for being friends!

anyway, guess they have made the right decision.
Old 20th January 2008, 21:56   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
GREAT!!!!!!!! DCEite> do you remember I adviced u to go for SYM after comparing with all others, now i am very much thrilled you are taking the right choice.
Quote:
hollywoodhogan > sorry to say this man the car and bike award for the year 2007 to sccoter segment has been unanimously awarded to Suzuki access.
For ur reference the car&bike award is awarded collectively by seven national motoring magazines which sends one representive each and they decide the winner together.

So this ends the debate once for all which is the winner in the sccoter access or flyte any day access rules the day budddy

Quote:
archie > pls do not try to keep alive an dead one bcz u have bought it sorry for u

Quote:
ravi@64bhp> Well i am not a guy who buys a bike from its looks man, Aviater specs already speaks about its qualities, a proven Activa Engine + Telescopic shocks at front + Bigger alloy wheels + Disc brake = HUGE success only an newbie to auto industry needs it to say this after its launch not an auto expert like me.

above are some selected posts from sathyaprakash.

sathyaprakashji, you posts over the last 3 months appear to defeat the purpose of asking for advice in this forum. you said flyte first, then access and then aviator.....what next? make up your mind.

so much for a self proclaimed "auto expert".

however, trying to understand your angle of approach to this thread, its obvious that we will of course get better models and features if we "wait" for the "next" model. but that will become an endless wait because better models will keep coming forever.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 20th January 2008 at 21:57.
Old 21st January 2008, 09:19   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Which scooter is this? Can anyone identify? The pics are from an upcoming telugu movie. See the indicators near the break levers and headlight fixed to the body (like blaze and dio).

judging by the body head lamp, it could be a honda make- don't know what they may call it -may be a 'trio' (ugly headlamp+2 indicators)??
Old 21st January 2008, 10:44   #337
BHPian

@RAVI: As you had Blaze in past. I too was having one. And faced quite few problem with the Blaze.

I am looking for another scooter now. Thinking of Flyte. No Access, due to its look.

Question is: I was very much frusted with the shaking of handle bar in my Blaze, whenever I used to drive it on patches and potholes. Let me know if you feel anything like that in Flyte.
Old 21st January 2008, 16:57   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
judging by the body head lamp, it could be a honda make- don't know what they may call it -may be a 'trio' (ugly headlamp+2 indicators)??
I found the answer. I have seen this 'electric scooter' on the road today. Quite an ugly one in whole.
Old 21st January 2008, 21:01   #339
BHPian

Smile

Hoolywoodhogan > Thanks our searching all my views and bringing it together,
If you go through my views its very clear that i supported first Flyte second Access and last Aviator its so simple man, when flyte was first released and it was the best comparing with all other ungeared scooters (even against activa).
Next in line came Access which is definetly better than Flyte.
Last came Honda Aviater into the picture and my Vote to it now and anything in futurebetter than Aviater i will support it and not stick to one thing bcz man I am an Auto EXPERT who speaks about the merits of an product while they come to the market and not stick to one product due to any stigma attached.
Old 21st January 2008, 23:42   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Hoolywoodhogan > Thanks our searching all my views and bringing it together,
If you go through my views its very clear that i supported first Flyte second Access and last Aviator its so simple man, when flyte was first released and it was the best comparing with all other ungeared scooters (even against activa).
Next in line came Access which is definetly better than Flyte.
Last came Honda Aviater into the picture and my Vote to it now and anything in futurebetter than Aviater i will support it and not stick to one thing bcz man I am an Auto EXPERT who speaks about the merits of an product while they come to the market and not stick to one product due to any stigma attached.

i brought it together for the benefit of fellow bhpinas because your views were very clear....... "WAIT FOR THE NEXT PRODUCT"

anyway, you have spoken like a true auto expert.
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:35   #341
BHPian

Flyte is definitely better than Access in so many ways but the most important ones are that the handling of the Flyte is fabulous, it changes directions so effortlessly you really feel it has become one with your mind. secondly, the front fuelling is the best.

aviator not launched yet but from specs and photos, i can see that Flyte will remain ahead of that too.

and i feel like i am saying the same thing again and again but it does annoy me a lot when people (yes, not experts) keep talking/commenting without actually owning a scooter.
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:50   #342
BHPian

Smile

hoolywoohogan > Thks for accepting me a true auto Expert, my views are clear buddy,

"WAIT FOR THE BEST" instead of buying and regreting latter

I know people who have waited for years to buy an good car so there is no regret in waiting for a couple of mths if u need an good scooter instead of having a thorn in ur as&.

archie > If u are satisfied with Flyte there is no problem girl, an Experts advice is for others in the forum who may plan to buy an scoot latter and dont expect everybody to buy an vehicle and speak about it, its rubbish as ur doing
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:56   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
i feel like i am saying the same thing again and again but it does annoy me a lot when people (yes, not experts) keep talking/commenting without actually owning a scooter.
archie, some people need an "expert" to advice them on which to buy and some people need another user to give feedback as to which one to buy. so your feedback will be well noted by the latter type of people and expert advice will be heeded by the former types of people.

there is room for "expert opinion" and user opinion here. i shall take the user opinion any day over self proclaimed experts opinion.

flyte is a good scooter and am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come. my friends took deliver of their red flyte yesterday. its really cool and they tell me that it attracted quite a bit of attention and genuine appreciation in the apartment complex where they live when they rode in with it.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:21   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
archie > If u are satisfied with Flyte there is no problem girl, an Experts advice is for others in the forum who may plan to buy an scoot latter and dont expect everybody to buy an vehicle and speak about it, its rubbish as ur doing
Kindly watch your tone, you are welcome to give your opinion, but no need to ridicule other members. - Support team
Old 29th January 2008, 00:16   #345
BHPian

I have a quick question for Flyte owners - can you use Mobile charger without turning on the ignition? Any serious issues due to low ground clearance?
Closed Thread