Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2015, 17:47   #3541
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The specifications and the price seems like a good bet for a new launch. The only missing thing between this and the Wego you own seems to be the bigger wheels. Apart from that the Duet seems to have everything else and more. So you can surely consider going for the Duet. Since it comes with telescopic suspension, the ride comfort should be better than Maestro, Activa 3G etc. Under seat storage if it is a consideration also seems to be good (better than Yamaha Ray at least). So net-net it should be a good buy. How is hero service in your place?
Thanks - One of my relative have Maestro since last 1.5 years and he is happy with the service (They should be giving best service to compete with Honda, and the best thing is that the Honda and Hero showroom/service centres are just opposite in the Highway(both facing each other..)
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 09:57   #3542
BHPian

Can anybody tell me how much does the Vespa cost on road in bangalore please? I would really appreciate it.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:27   #3543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Can anybody tell me how much does the Vespa cost on road in bangalore please? I would really appreciate it.
I do not know the exact prices, But following will be the approx OTR prices in Bangalore
VXL125 ~97K
SXL125 ~1.03L
VXL150 ~1.06L
SXL150 ~1.10L
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:50   #3544
BHPian

Hi All,

Need an advice on TVS scooty streak. I need to install a ladies footrest on the Right Side as well (foldable one). The default one comes only on the left side.

Name:  100484883_6_1000x700_tvsscootypepplus2009modelinchrompet.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  43.6 KB

Unfortunately the TVS footrest comes with a full bolt on frame which is not possible to fit on right side due to the alignment.

Name:  plesureladiesfootrest250x250.jpg
Views: 2226
Size:  55.5 KB

I installed a TVS authorized accessory marked in red to weld that footrest onto the rod.

Name:  102733_1373740596.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  44.4 KB

Now can anyone tell me where I can get the basic foot rest?
Also, is there any other scooty footrests which I can directly fit onto this?

Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:13   #3545
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
I need to install a ladies footrest on the Right Side as well (foldable one). The default one comes only on the left side.
Does not TVS have those rubber footrest which are placed just at the start of the engine cover? IMO there are two of them one on either side. Instead of installing a separate folding aluminum foot rest, better use the rubber ones. Sorry if this is already tried out and I am sounding like a noob.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:55   #3546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does not TVS have those rubber footrest which are placed just at the start of the engine cover? IMO there are two of them one on either side. Instead of installing a separate folding aluminum foot rest, better use the rubber ones. Sorry if this is already tried out and I am sounding like a noob.
You mean this?

Name:  FOOTREST.JPG
Views: 2238
Size:  55.3 KB

The rubber ones are there but thats not ergonomic snice the pillion is of short height.
I am keeping this as the last option, where I will drill through the rod and bolt one of these foot pegs.
Footrest will give better comfort IMHO.
Old 4th December 2015, 07:56   #3547
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi All,

Need an advice on TVS scooty streak. I need to install a ladies footrest on the Right Side as well (foldable one). The default one comes only on the left side.

Thanks
You won't be able to fix the oem footrest on the right side as the frame would not have the anchor points for the same.

What you can try is to get a guard with integrated footrest (they might not be as rugged as the OEM footrest). You might have to remove the original foot rest if you go for this option.

Here is a pic I managed to get from Google search.
Name:  suzukiswish125allroundfootrest.jpg
Views: 2163
Size:  22.2 KB
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 13:52   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The specifications and the price seems like a good bet for a new launch. The only missing thing between this and the Wego you own seems to be the bigger wheels. Apart from that the Duet seems to have everything else and more. So you can surely consider going for the Duet. Since it comes with telescopic suspension, the ride comfort should be better than Maestro, Activa 3G etc. Under seat storage if it is a consideration also seems to be good (better than Yamaha Ray at least). So net-net it should be a good buy. How is hero service in your place?
I have postponed the purchase of a new scooter to 2016 January because:

1- I dont want to buy a new vehicle in the month of december (I bought the wego in February 2015 and dont want to add one more in the same year..)

2- Hero Motor Corporation replied to my email advising that Hero Maestro Edge will be launched in Kerala in january 2016. My initial preference was Maestro Edge and since this was not available, I have taken the quotation for Hero duet.

3- Also, who knows, there may be some offers/discounts during Xmas/New year sales - So waiting till january 2016..!
Old 10th December 2015, 16:13   #3549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have postponed the purchase of a new scooter to 2016 January
Maestro Edge is the new one with the telescopic front suspension, the commercials of which are being aired on TV currently. The only weak point of Maestro (if you may call it so) was the age old trailing link suspension in the front which is not a good option if your commute involves bad/rough patches of roads. Now that they have put in the telescopic shocks, it should up the ride comfort considerably. Happy waiting & hunting..
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 17:52   #3550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maestro Edge is the new one with the telescopic front suspension, the commercials of which are being aired on TV currently.
Is it (Maestro Edge) now available in Bangalore?? ( I heard that this model is not launched in any southern states where they launched Hero duet, instead.)
Old 10th December 2015, 18:22   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it (Maestro Edge) now available in Bangalore?? ( I heard that this model is not launched in any southern states where they launched Hero duet, instead.)
Not sure if its out yet. I just saw the ad on TV. I think it was called the Maestro Edge itself.
Old 10th December 2015, 18:37   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if its out yet. I just saw the ad on TV. I think it was called the Maestro Edge itself.
Thanks.
As regards to Suspension - the company website says as:

Front :Telescopic, Hydraulic Shock Absorber
Rear: Unit Swing with Spring Loaded Hydraulic Damper

?
Old 10th December 2015, 19:43   #3553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
As regards to Suspension - the company website says as:

Front :Telescopic, Hydraulic Shock Absorber
Rear: Unit Swing with Spring Loaded Hydraulic Damper

?
Visited the Hero website and yes Maestro Edge is the one with the telescopic suspension. The normal Maestro has the below as its Suspension

Front Bottom Link with spring loaded hydraulic dampers
Rear Unit Swing with spring loaded hydraulic dampers

And I just checked and Maestro Edge is not available for display at the Hero showroom near my office. They did not even tell me when they might launch it as well!!
Old 11th December 2015, 09:14   #3554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I just checked and Maestro Edge is not available for display at the Hero showroom near my office. They did not even tell me when they might launch it as well!!
So, it seems information I got is correct. They launched Hero duet prior to Maestro Edge. They are waiting couple of months to push more Duet's in the market prior launching Edge in southern states. Similarly, they launched Maestro Edge in other states where Hero duet is not available.

I wrote their zonal office in Bangalore asking the availability of Edge in Kerala to which I received reply from TM-Sales, Cochin advising that it will be launched in January 2016.

Both the Hero Duet and Edge are almost same (engine capacity etc) except couple of difference in features, namely:

Mastro Edge comes with 12" front wheel (duet has 10''), alloy wheels, external fuel filling with flap cover etc.

(Exteral fuel filling with flap cover)
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:17   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(Exteral fuel filling with flap cover)
If the finishing of this cover is good, that is a pretty neat feature to have. Looks slick! From the pic it seems to be well made with a good spring loaded lock etc.
Closed Thread