Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2015, 13:53   #3556
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If the finishing of this cover is good, that is a pretty neat feature to have. Looks slick! From the pic it seems to be well made with a good spring loaded lock etc.
Yes, in picture, it looks nice along with the LED tail lamp..

Old 11th December 2015, 22:26   #3557
BHPian

Both Maestro Edge and Duet come in two variants - LX and VX and the price difference is not high enough to justify going for the LX model. The VX model on Edge comes with Maintenance free battery and Alloy Wheels while LX model does not. On the Duet only VX model has digital console.

Duet is also an all metal body scooter and is cheaper than Maestro Edge.
Old 12th December 2015, 08:50   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
Both Maestro Edge and Duet come in two variants - LX and VX and the price difference is not high enough to justify going for the LX model. The VX model on Edge comes with Maintenance free battery and Alloy Wheels while LX model does not. On the Duet only VX model has digital console.

Duet is also an all metal body scooter and is cheaper than Maestro Edge.
Yes, the features shown/given in my above posts are for VX model and not LX.!
Old 12th December 2015, 08:56   #3559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Maestro Edge is the new one with the telescopic front suspension, the commercials of which are being aired on TV currently.
Since yesterday, Commercial ads started coming here in local Tv channels (malayalam) for Hero Duet and not for Maestro Edge. May be they are trying to sell as many as Duet's before launching Edge or may be due to forthcoming xmas & New Year events when they can increase more sales ?
Old 12th December 2015, 20:13   #3560
BHPian

The maestro edge does stand out and comes across with a lot of features.. But I personally don't want to buy the newest versions purely because they could have niggles that get ironed out in 6-8 months time. Since you don't want to get a Jupiter, have a look at the Swish.. It has a strong engine, and some nice features too.
Old 12th December 2015, 23:55   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9ie View Post
The maestro edge does stand out and comes across with a lot of features.. But I personally don't want to buy the newest versions purely because they could have niggles that get ironed out in 6-8 months time. Since you don't want to get a Jupiter, have a look at the Swish.. It has a strong engine, and some nice features too.
Edge has been on market for 3 months now and customer response has been really positive. If you like the features I don't think you can go wrong with that choice.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:09   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9ie View Post
Yes, agree Swish also a good scooter with 125cc engine and digital/analogue combo console (but still 10'' wheels and no external fuel filling feature?!). I need a scooter with external fuel filling which feature I have been using for last few years. It always nice to have advanced features which are available now instead of using age old techniques (ofcourse this is my concept only).

I definitely like the Jupiter in way of its performance but kept her last in the list because of the old style body and console etc..(again my thinking..)
Old 14th December 2015, 13:07   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Since yesterday, Commercial ads started coming here in local Tv channels (malayalam) for Hero Duet and not for Maestro Edge. May be they are trying to sell as many as Duet's before launching Edge or may be due to forthcoming xmas & New Year events when they can increase more sales ?
Possibility of launching a new model in December is bleak as they will not see as many units sold due to the year change in the coming 15 days. Most people will wait for the year change and then go for a new vehicle. Hence I guess they are waiting for Jan'2016 before launching the new model.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:08   #3564
Senior - BHPian

And, even if those who are willing to buy a scooter during december, they will definitely look for year end offers etc. I have seen, Mahindra Gusto comes with ''December Bonanza Offer''

See here:

So, others also may come with some kind offers soon..!!
Old 18th December 2015, 08:50   #3565
BHPian

I am looking at buying a new scoot for my dad. We have narrowed it down to either the Jupiter or the Swish. Which is the better one in terms of ride quality and servicing costs?

Ride quality is important because of my dad's bad back. Performance is important to me.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.
Old 18th December 2015, 09:23   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Swish is a 125 cc scooter (Jupiter 110cc), so it will be costlier by around Rs.7/8000 than Jupiter. Jupiter's comfortable ride and performance is proven by many users so far, especially it has 12'' wheels. Also Jupiter has external fuel filling feature which is not there in Swish.

Suggest, test drive both the scooter and ask your Dad which one gives him more comfort. Also you may look into Hero duet, the new entry in the market which has got much more features and heard that ride quality also good.!
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 10:19   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Our Activa HET model (less than 3 years old now) has been returning dismal average figures. The last tank fill indicated a mileage of 29 (down from 38 which was the earlier norm.)

There has been a judder while moving from stand still for quite a long time. Is that normal?
Old 18th December 2015, 10:36   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Our Activa HET model (less than 3 years old now) has been returning dismal average figures.

There has been a judder while moving from stand still for quite a long time. Is that normal?
Have the cvt rollers and belt ever replaced? Check them for wear.

Also, is there a delay in moving from standstill after moving the accelerator?
Old 18th December 2015, 12:59   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I am looking at buying a new scoot for my dad. We have narrowed it down to either the Jupiter or the Swish. Which is the better one in terms of ride quality and servicing costs?

Ride quality is important because of my dad's bad back. Performance is important to me.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.
Jupiter / Wego score on the comfort level offered. Service costs are less. I have the Wego since last 1 year. Use it only for local weekend use. Do a back to back test drive of whatever you have shorlisted. It will be easy to gauge the pros and cons.

And i get around 35 kmpl from the wego.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 13:05   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post

And i get around 35 kmpl from the wego.
I have Wego, just 10 months old, and am getting 50/52 kmpl for local run. So you getting 35kmpl seems very low
Closed Thread