Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 18th December 2015, 13:11   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have Wego, just 10 months old, and am getting 50/52 kmpl for local run. So you getting 35kmpl seems very low
I have been consistently getting that FE since day 1. My usage is very less, say around 25 kms over the weekend. My Wego has done only around 2.5k kms in the last one year. My friend who has a Jupiter also gets similar FE figures.
Old 18th December 2015, 13:23   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have been consistently getting that FE since day 1. My usage is very less, say around 25 kms over the weekend. My Wego has done only around 2.5k kms in the last one year. My friend who has a Jupiter also gets similar FE figures.
My 9 month old Jupiter returns around 48-50 kmpl on a consistent basis. It has done 2.6K kms till date. The usage has been entirely inside Bangalore city, but half of it during early hours of the day when traffic is sparse.
Old 18th December 2015, 13:50   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Still,I feel 35kmpl seems bit low. Any figure of 45+ can be reasonable for Jupiter or Wego. Suggest check with service centre to see if anything wrong with the scooter..!
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 16:17   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
And, even if those who are willing to buy a scooter during december, they will definitely look for year end offers etc. I have seen, Mahindra Gusto comes with ''December Bonanza Offer''

See here:

So, others also may come with some kind offers soon..!!
Hero has free insurance via snapdeal till 31st December. Just started yesterday.

What averages do Maestro owners get here?
Old 18th December 2015, 16:35   #3575
BHPian

An issue that was troubling our Access 125 for months was fixed a couple of days ago by a mechanic 50m from my house. Oh, such a shame. I had taken the bike to Suzuki A.S.S, and another mechanic all the way in Koti but none could fix it.

The issue was that the bike would often stall when you released the throttle. My wife tells me it had been so since purchase. Turns out, the accelerator was set without any play and the idle set too low. Our mechanic adjusted the idle and the engine started roaring into higher RPMs. What was happening all these years, is that the engine almost never used the "idle" jet at all! And because the idle was set so low, the engine would stall as soon as it left the main jet and moved to the idle jet.

This same mechanic worked on my other bikes but I had no idea he worked on scooters too. If anyone wants a reliable mechanic, I'd have no problem suggesting him to you. His name is Prem (Tarnaka) and his number is: +91-9948325251. Just don't go to him for fork related jobs. There's a better guy in Ramkote (AtoZ Fork Repair) I can swear by who only does suspension jobs for 2 wheelers.
Old 18th December 2015, 17:57   #3576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
Hero has free insurance via snapdeal till 31st December. Just started yesterday.

What averages do Maestro owners get here?
Yes, have seen from Snapdeal web but insurance available with dealer (one has to deal with the dealer to get this insurance benefit).

Also, it says that 5% Cashback on HDFC Banks Debit Cards?
( http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hero...e/651953359431 )

But, unfortunately Maestro Edge is still not launched in Kerala (or may be whole of south India where Hero duet launched first)
Old 18th December 2015, 17:58   #3577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Have the cvt rollers and belt ever replaced? Check them for wear.

Also, is there a delay in moving from standstill after moving the accelerator?
No belt or rollers were replaced. The scooter has run 8500 KM till date. Isn't it too early for belt replacement?

The scooter really jumps off with just a little throttle. So, it is a little bit of challenge when I switch from Access to Activa for me during the weekend.
Old 18th December 2015, 18:07   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
No belt or rollers were replaced. The scooter has run 8500 KM till date. Isn't it too early for belt replacement?

The scooter really jumps off with just a little throttle. So, it is a little bit of challenge when I switch from Access to Activa for me during the weekend.
Yes, for belt replacement too early, but just checking. Now that you mention that scooter jumps off with little throttle, just check if anything is loose. In my vespa, for a while the front glove box used to vibrate before first servicing, the issue was identified as loose screws that were holding it. The vibration was felt only while moving from a standstill.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:55   #3579
BHPian

Thanks Guys, I have already driven the Jupiter for a short spin and found it to be quite OK. Compared to the old Ki-Ho ZX we have now, it's miles ahead. I also drove the Fascino for a spin at a roadside exhibition, and though the styling and finishing is cool, it's a bit too sluggish.

The Jupiter though quicker than all the 110s I drove, doesn't some close to the performance of my sister's Flyte, which is the quickest and zippiest scoot I've driven yet. But the ride is plusher on the Jupiter, and my dad can't handle the sudden throttle response of the Flyte/Rodeo.

I think that they're all pretty similar on the pricing front, In fact, the on-road price quoted on Suzuki website for the Swish was a couple of thousands lower than that of the Jupiter ZX model.

I'm test driving the Suzuki tomorrow, with dad, and I think I'll let him make the call on this one and buy him whatever he wants. Merry Christmas, Dad!
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:44   #3580
BHPian

Default 12" tyre - Better handling / Higher GC - Myth or Fact

Friends,
As the thought of ugrading my 10" tyres of Vijai Super to 12" came in, I made a quick comparison of the overall height and circumference of the 90/90-12 and 3.50-10 tyres.
The metric equivalent to 3.50 - 10 is 89/100-10. What I quickly realized is that the circumference of the 90/90-12" tyre is 110mm more than the 3.5-10 tyre, which corresponds to 17.5 mm increase in height.
17.5 mm is little less than 3/4 inch. So, does it really matter much in terms of increasing ground clearance and handling?

Last edited by ilangop : 23rd December 2015 at 09:55.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:50   #3581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Yes, for belt replacement too early, but just checking. Now that you mention that scooter jumps off with little throttle, just check if anything is loose. In my vespa, for a while the front glove box used to vibrate before first servicing, the issue was identified as loose screws that were holding it. The vibration was felt only while moving from a standstill.
So, the issue of judder when starting off from standstill is almost gone. I was told that there was some 'bush' which was getting stuck and greasing has solved it. This was probably some sort of roller in the front of the clutch/ gear compartment. I did not see it myself, so cannot tell.
Old 31st December 2015, 22:17   #3582
BHPian

Guys,

I am looking to replace my Activa's rear tyre, please share your recommendations.

Should I go for Tubed or Tubeless.
Old 1st January 2016, 00:49   #3583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys,

I am looking to replace my Activa's rear tyre, please share your recommendations.

Should I go for Tubed or Tubeless.
My 2003 Honda Dio runs on MRF NyloGrip Zappers. Tubed. And my 2013 Vespa VX125 came from the factory with 'em MRF NyloGrip Zappers. Tubeless, in this case.

As someone who **loves** cornering a lot; and prefers handling oriented suspensions- I can definitely say one thing- the NyloGrips are one of the most terrific scooter tires around. Particularly from a handling point of view.

Not VERY grippy, but sufficiently grippy. And they last for a LONG time.

To sum it up: Go for the NyloGrip Zapper. Tubeless. Whilst at it; replace the rims also. I think a single rim for the Activa/Dio costs around 500 bucks. And maintain tire pressures - at the front - 30 PSI; and at the rear 35 PSI.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 1st January 2016 at 00:50.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 02:11   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
My 2003 Honda Dio runs on MRF NyloGrip Zappers. Tubed. And my 2013 Vespa VX125 came from the factory with 'em MRF NyloGrip Zappers. Tubeless, in this case.

To sum it up: Go for the NyloGrip Zapper. Tubeless. Whilst at it; replace the rims also. I think a single rim for the Activa/Dio costs around 500 bucks. And maintain tire pressures - at the front - 30 PSI; and at the rear 35 PSI.

I will be visiting the local tyre shops for the the MRF Zapper for a new Tubeless tyre and If needed I will replace the rim too.
Old 10th January 2016, 08:13   #3585
BHPian

I am looking for a scooter for our family, and one of the criteria is height and weight. It should be comfortable for a short person of around 5'2". Other than TVS Scooty pep+, what other options can be considered?
Closed Thread