Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 4th February 2008, 10:42   #376
BHPian

My KMPL figure as of now is 37 kmpl. Hope it would improve after first servicing.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:35   #377
BHPian

Default decided to go for flyte

Hi All Thank you for your inputs

Relieved to tell you that we've made the decision to go for the sym Flyte fom Kinetic. (Relieved because I was expecting it to be very complicated and time consuming decision making as the wife is usually quite slow to decide and has all sorts of wishes & requirements.

We meant to check out Access, Flyte, Pep and then decide.
One of our neighbors has a relatively new pep so samira (my wife) rode that a little and quite liked it, and neighbor also gave a decent report of it so it was an option.

Next step was to see the flyte and then the access and finally decide between these three.

This morning we went to "soniya kinetic" at chembur

Samira checked out the Flyte & immediately decided that she likes it and does not wish to see any more scooters.

Needless to say i was most relieved that the selection process was finished so quickly and easily & i am already at office.

(Especially since i found that suzuki dealership is only at Malad)

Shall be doing the flyte booking in a couple of days.
Thank you all for your inputs and will keep you posted.

Wish the 150cc bike decision could be so straightforward. Now if I dont select quickly, I'll get flak.

Am thinking that you guys recommended Flyte, and that worked out well .. So maybe I will go for the Apache also as per your recommendation?
Old 6th February 2008, 10:17   #378
BHPian

I booked an Activa for my father from Kun Honda Chennai. Waiting time 15 days from Grey color! Black available immediately!
Old 6th February 2008, 14:51   #379
BHPian

Flyte Update -

For some weird reason - the fuel indicator goes down automatically even if there is no usage. We didn't ride Flyte yesterday - and still the indicator showing much lower fuel now that what it was showing day before yesterday; and the reading is unchanged. I wonder if there is fuel leakage somewhere - anyone else facing similar problem? I am also facing cold start problems despite choke in the mornings. Let's see how first servicing resolves these issues.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:14   #380
BHPian

Dear manish7 - We went to dealership in chembur here this morning & booked a silver flyte for samira. She is very excited about it. Delivery in 3-4 days ( nice change from my prev experience of waiting for long for activa). Hoping that delivery will also be smooth (i.e. no scratches/dents anywhere etc).

Anyway at time of booking, they had told me that because of the front fueling and tank location & petrol indicator location (cant remember exact terms now), the indicator is "indicative" i.e. there are 2 sections of the tank, one part is in the front (vertical) and one part is underneath (horizontal). when the petrol in the vertical part is over, the indicator will start to show empty even when there is petrol in the horizontal part as the "dip" that measures petrol lies at the bottom of the vertical part of the tank. this is as per original sym design and cant be changed. you just have to expect it & get used to it. (what we have planned to do is that even though there is petrol in horizontal part we will fill it up to full as soon as indicator goes down).

so I guess thats what is happening in your case.

I dont know about the cold start problem but my activa also in the winter time had a lot of cold start problem and I was told that if weather is cold then better kick start first time in the morning. That usually helped. Its very cold here in Mumbai these days, maybe very cold in Pune also?

Anyhow these are my guesses, it would be better to seek clarification from your dealer/company helpline.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:36   #381
BHPian

Brianbandra,
What you have said about the fuel indicator is correct. The fuel tank capacity under the footboard is 3 liters and fuel sensor is in this tank, that is why with just 3 liters of fuel the indicator shows full. The excess of petrol in the hose would be around 1 liter. I am already used to this.

Manish,
It is really some concern if the fuel indicator automatically falls without usage. We will see how this goes next time.

Also, I have never used choke till now in my Flyte. Always it just started with a single push of ES everytime, even after two days without usage.
Two days back, I have tried Choke in the morning and the Flyte did not start with the Choke on. With the choke off, the bike started without any problem. I am really confused with this. I tried many times choke, even when the engine is hot, but with the choke on, my Flyte is not starting.

Will have to check with the service engineer.
Old 6th February 2008, 23:22   #382
BHPian

Brianbandra,

I understand about 3 liter = full indicator problem. I have already mentioned that in my detailed post on the first day after purchase. I am not sure if you have understood what I tried to say here -- now when fuel indicator is below full mark, say point "X" and you don't use your Flyte for 2 days, when you start it on third day, you expect the indicator at x pint -- in my case it was much below point "X" -- more towards red mark. This is my concern!!! I will talk to Kinetic service engineer when I give it for servicing. Another problem is when I start and go out on Flyte, if my speed is low, the Flyte engine dies automatically - it only happens for 5 mins. after start - after that it is ok. So it is not idling problem for sure - maybe something to do with secondary air injection maybe. I will be watching...
Old 9th February 2008, 00:01   #383
BHPian

I have been following this thread since a very long time now, almost since the last three weeks. I must say there's a whole lot of healthy discussion going around. Now, coming to the point!!! I and my wife have decided to buy an ungeared 2 wheeler. Initially, our plan was to buy a Honda Dio, since it shares the same engine that of Activa and looks much better than Activa. I started googling around and then I hit upon this website. I started closely following this thread and after 3 weeks we have finalised on Flyte. We also took a test drive of the vehicle and we liked it. We have decided to book it tomorrow morning.
I will be the one mostly driving the vehicle with my wife sitting in pillion seat, Obviously!!! So, before we take the final plunge, I would like u guys to share any more thoughts that u might have!!! Am I taking the right decision in choosing Flyte over Dio??? Does Flyte have the same pickup as that of Dio's which is the most talked about feature of Dio??? Also, should I take any special precautions while booking the vehicle. Anything specific to lookout for. I am a total newbie when it comes to 2 wheelers, mostly ungeared.
Manish, I don't think I would have an option to select from a range of vehicles as you did at the time of booking. So, the only time I would get to see the vehicle would be at delivery. Or do you suggest I should demand it at the time of booking itself. At the time of taking the final delivery, I should take care that the vehicle is free from any scratches, dents, etc.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 9th February 2008, 00:17   #384
BHPian

ahh got it eh, the suzuki Access is the good option now days.
I have a Kinetic honda which is amazingly easy to maneuver and small and light .
Got an activa in march last, the engine is super smooth, damn torquey, good front suspension, can zoom over bad roads.. but the riding position is weird, long rides give a back aches coz of the taller back design, turning radius is more and tougher to maneuver at slow speeds, mileage is low, 30-38 compared to 48 that the kine gives.. activa is a fat like like a baby hippo...I recently got to ride the suzuki access, its a cross b/w tehe kine and activa. small, easy to maneuver and zippy like the kine and good suspension, super smooth and powerful like the activa!
Thats the best option i find these days.

Last edited by gendarmee : 9th February 2008 at 00:20. Reason: didnt know *** would be censored on the forum, changing it to hippo
Old 9th February 2008, 10:18   #385
BHPian

I would suggest that you do inspect the vehicle before it is registered and make sure same vehicle is registered.

I given choice, see if you can get Suzuki Access faster. I am not too happy with Flyte (just 37 kmpl, and feels small - Access/Activa feel more of scooters, this feels like scooteret) - but it's too early to say. My wife is fine with it though, we only rejected Access because they were delivering it in May 2008.
Old 9th February 2008, 10:50   #386
BHPian

haha. i wist it were like that here, as in, delivery so quickly.
Act I was planning to get the access and sell the activa, but hell the delivery peroid for access is as long the activas.
Here in hyd the waiting time for the Activa is 120 days, last march it was 60 days, took 64 days to get in hand.
For Access it is 90 days for red, and 60 days for another color!!
Reason given by both companies-Huge Demand, no supply.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:09   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Am I taking the right decision in choosing Flyte over Dio??? Does Flyte have the same pickup as that of Dio's which is the most talked about feature of Dio???
I haven't seen or driven the bike came to know about it on this forum.
But i suggest you to keep away from kinetic as such.
It's experience with the maintainence. Until it was kinetic Honda it was fine but now they have drastically cut down on quality to profit i feel.
I got an activa last year, so upgraded my '90 kine too, i'd got a new 110CC piston kit in '05 so the bike was doing good, and seeing the spare prices i went to the distributor and got every single thing replaced with a new parts, all except the chassis, engine and battery.
2 weeks down, i had to pick up all the old switches and replace the the new ones with the them, coz the indicator, head light and high beam low beam malfunctioned, the driving belt didnt last me 3 1/2 months.
-the clutch plates/oil pump too gave some problem.
-the quality of metal is sad,is think the old stuff can be stuck with a cock ball to make a dent but here it takes a humbe tennis ball, it's tin. good i got all of the old body and plastic back. Spent about 8K one new stuff, painting the old and getting the Wiring kit/fork would have been worth more.
->my friend got a Nova in late 2006, the piston has been replaced 3 times for seizing uptil now, he's maintained it well and get is serviced properly.
I'f i were you i'd be looking at Access>Activa>Dio in the exact order, the Suzuki is easier to ride around for women though, activa is some how unwieldy to drive.
Old 9th February 2008, 14:37   #388
BHPian

Default flyte is great

floydbell - ya go for the flyte over the dio
better pickup than dio (125cc engine), lot of other benefits too
see here Kinetic Sym Flyte : Advantages

i dunno much about access but it looks too much like activa anyway, and is priced 4k higher than flyte with fewer "goodies" and lower warranty

flyte is very good, i m getting my delivery on monday.. in the meanwhile we've been researching & talking to people etc and it is said to perform very well. it actually turned out that one of my neighbors also bought the flyte a few days ago so we had a chance to ride it around and it rides very well ..
Old 9th February 2008, 18:26   #389
BHPian

floyd.bell - flyte does score over the dio
for starters, dio doesn't even have a proper suspension i,e, no front telescopic suspension
Old 9th February 2008, 20:13   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post

flyte is very good, i m getting my delivery on monday..
My comment was with the kinetic quality for the long run.
Any bike would be good with the first bit.
I hope the quality has reverted to what it should be like.
Closed Thread