Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2008, 21:34   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Sunil, you don't even own Flyte yet - how do you say that? Brand loyalty or brand promotion?
Run a search on Sunil's posts on team-bhp and you will know.

Quote:
BTW - the 3 year warranty doesn't cover Piston!!!
Old 12th February 2008, 10:11   #407
BHPian

Default flyte indicator

[quote=manish7;713751]Brianbandra,

I understand about 3 liter = full indicator problem. I have already mentioned that in my detailed post on the first day after purchase. quote]

Dear Manish7 - Thanks for clarifying this because i had misunderstood it earlier to think that "empty" indication could be wrong, but now I understand that "full" indication could be misleading. Ok thats a lot more easily manageable.

Now that we got the Flyte, I am under pressure from wife to get my 150cc bike soon as she doesnt want to "share" her flyte with me.

:-(

Plus she is mocking me that she decided her scooter so quickly & I am taking so long to decide on the bike.
Old 13th February 2008, 00:35   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
AVIATER ADVANTAGES >>>

It has got Front Telescopic shocks for smoothe ride

Bigger Alloy wheels for better stability

Disc Brake for better safety

Bigger storage

Clear lens head light for better visibility

Halogen bulb for long life

Clear lens indicater

International styling

For Both sex

Better resale value

Market leader...............................

What else you need?????????

why don't we read the below link to see if your statement of "for both sexes" is true for a start...

Honda launches 'Aviator' scooter- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

and then as for the rest.........

telescopic front shocks: duh! blaze, flyte and access have them already

halogen bulb, clearlens indicators, international styling...... all sound like you have re-printed from their sales leaflet.

sp.....the bajaj blade will be better than the aviator for sure. its a 125cc and not the same old 102cc powering the "just for her" pleasure, the dio, the activa and now the "just for males" aviator. the rate at which things are going......perhaps honda will power the next generation unicorn with this engine!
Old 13th February 2008, 00:45   #409
BHPian

Quote:

So what is new in it? 12" Alloy wheel, Front Disc brake, International stlyling all these are Industry First and to add Bigger storage and the last but the least the same Activa engine (which is bullet proof) with better torque.

AVIATER is definetly going to lead the market no doubt therefore members forget the Flyte(sitting duck) or Access(running duck) and go for the LEADER

YES MEMBERS, as sp has eloquently put it, please choose the "flying duck" over the other ducks.
Old 13th February 2008, 10:32   #410
BHPian

I just hope Aviator doesn't become the lying duck of the ungeared 2 wheeler industry!!!
Old 13th February 2008, 12:30   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I'd say the best buy right now is suzuki Access>Honda Activa>H. avaiator(last coz its going to be expensive)

But then, it very frustrating to see a 3 month waiting time for any of them.
Kinetic's market lie's there, no waiting time!
I completely agree -- and no matter what we men think, Flyte is more easy to maneuver for many women. I am keeping my fingers crossed - hope it turns out be a good product (despite kinetic's bad reputation) and I don't need to use the guarantee. Amen!
Old 13th February 2008, 12:54   #412
BHPian

Default flyte s great to maneuver

Quote:
I completely agree -- and no matter what we men think, Flyte is more easy to maneuver for many women. I am keeping my fingers crossed - hope it turns out be a good product (despite kinetic's bad reputation) and I don't need to use the guarantee. Amen!
dont wish to get into the pro kinetic anti kinetic debate ..

just want to agree with manish7 that flyte is very easy to maneuver for women .. yes its only been 2 days but samira (my wife) really likes the flyte a lot. she finds it easy to handle & balance, and somehow finds the seating, size to be ideal.. she also likes the front fueler & finds it easy to put it on the main stand
Old 13th February 2008, 18:37   #413
BHPian

Quote:
hollywoodhogan > YES MEMBERS, as sp has eloquently put it, please choose the "flying duck" over the other ducks.

Flying duck> HONDA AVIATER the undisputed leader in comming months (with proven Activa engine) with better torque which equalls to the speed and pickup of 125cc engine after all the difference every one know is 23cc.

A reall moto proffesional knows what the diff of 23cc can do to the scooter it is nothing but an eyewash that 23ccup engine is better than ACTIVA 102cc engine.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2008 at 21:11. Reason: quote fixed
Old 14th February 2008, 01:11   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Flying duck> HONDA AVIATER the undisputed leader in comming months (with proven Activa engine) with better torque which equalls to the speed and pickup of 125cc engine after all the difference every one know is 23cc.

A reall moto proffesional knows what the diff of 23cc can do to the scooter it is nothing but an eyewash that 23ccup engine is better than ACTIVA 102cc engine.
sp.....please do not get overly eyewashed by the brand honda. yes honda is amongst the best and most reliable engine makers in the world. but lets not fool anybody by saying that 23cc more is an eyewash and makes no difference. for sure a honda will be good but let that name not blind us from the benefits and better features of other products.

whats most shocking is that you say that a "real moto professional" knows that 23cc diff makes no difference? i am speechless....

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2008 at 21:11. Reason: quote fixed
Old 14th February 2008, 10:32   #415
BHPian

Default Honda and various others

Quote:

sp.....please do not get overly eyewashed by the brand honda. yes honda is amongst the best and most reliable engine makers in the world. but lets not fool anybody by saying that 23cc more is an eyewash and makes no difference. for sure a honda will be good but let that name not blind us from the benefits and better features of other products.
I for one will vouch that Honda is overrated in India.. have had nightmare experience with activa, honda dealer & no response at all from the company.. I am certain that i am not the only one...

In contrast, we are liking the flyte a lot.

You may find this hard to believe but we've done quite a few rounds of two wheeler dealerships so far... honda, tvs & kinetic (since we were looking to buy both a scoot for wife & bike for me).. and best experience has been at kinetic... maybe its the AVIS principle - "we try harder"

(havent found a yamaha dealership in mumbai... and suzuki dealership is just too far.. in malad.. so did not go there. .. not had time to visit bajaj dealership yet.. but hopefully soon..)

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2008 at 21:10. Reason: quote fixed
Old 14th February 2008, 10:44   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
whats most shocking is that you say that a "real moto professional" knows that 23cc diff makes no difference? i am speechless....
There is lot lot more to biking than just BHP and CC.
Old 14th February 2008, 19:37   #417
BHPian

Quote:
[/hoolywagon]whats most shocking is that you say that a "real moto professional" knows that 23cc diff makes no difference? i am speechless....

There is nothing to be speachless as every one knows that (Cubic capacity) alone don't make performance in a scoot/bike there is lot more to it,

Like Bhp,Jetting,Timming,Airfilter,Gear ratio,Tunning,Pistonhead etc an 100cc scoot/bike can easily out run our 150cc scoot/bike which are always tunned for better mileage, with proper adjustment.

Therefore if u need any help regarding Moto pls PM me personally and i can make u speak moto language

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Team-BHP is a collaborative community and each member is a valuable part of the Team-BHP family. Any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for, and only upsets the balance. Please do not personally attack another BHPian.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2008 at 21:15. Reason: Please see the note in post.
sathyaprakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th February 2008, 22:30   #418
BHPian

Quote:
There is nothing to be speachless as every one knows that (Cubic capacity) alone don't make performance in a scoot/bike there is lot more to it,

Like Bhp,Jetting,Timming,Airfilter,Gear ratio,Tunning,Pistonhead etc an 100cc scoot/bike can easily out run our 150cc scoot/bike which are always tunned for better mileage, with proper adjustment.

Therefore if u need any help regarding Moto pls PM me personally and i can make u speak moto language

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Team-BHP is a collaborative community and each member is a valuable part of the Team-BHP family. Any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for, and only upsets the balance. Please do not personally attack another BHPian.
thanks for agreeing with me that cc "also" means something and is not a nothing and makes no difference as you had so vehemently quoted earlier.

and thanks for the tution lesson offer but i have to decline. on the contrary you can pm me if you need any because you need to seriously do a "spell-check" on your moto language before posting.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:41   #419
BHPian

Quote:
I myself planning to go for an ungeared scooter comming Jan so i went into lot of details and here is my choice

1.Kinetic Flyte (Value for money, currently sold in 65 countries,125cc engine which is peppy than others,lot of usefull items added & latest design)
2.Suzuki Access (old style,costlier,less storage,& less inovative features)
3.Honda Dio (better styled, costlier,been for number of years)
4.Honda Activa (old style, need to be upgraded)
5.Kinetic Blaze (less mileage,needs lot of time and energy to change rear tyre,costly,leave it or take it design)
6.TVS Scooty (been for tooooooo long,better for ladies)

sp....was this the same you who said the above just a couple of months back? what happened during that time? please share any bitter experience so that we can understand your views better. in the above you have rated the flyte over the access and the activa but later you flipped your view and rated the access above the flyte. and now you hate the flyte and the access and have fallen in love with the yet to be launched aviator. interesting i must say.

to quote you, you said "flyte - 125cc engine which is peppy than others". i wonder if its that puny 23cc that is making it peppy.....hmmmmm!!!!

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 14th February 2008 at 22:48.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:24   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
...in the above you have rated the flyte over the access and the activa but later you flipped your view ....
It may be due to the company.
Kinetic has a record of launching new models and junking them within 2-3yrs time. People definitely want to use their vehicles for more than that.

Also the service and availability of parts is pathetic to say the least (at least in pune). Last month I went to Pagaria Kinetic in Pune for some work on my GF170 Laser. They asked me to first deposit Rs.5000 and then only they will start working on my bike. I told them to go to hell.

I finally went to local mechanic. Procured all the required parts my self (lot of running around involved) and got all the work done.

Flyte may be good but I won't advice anyone to go for it.
Closed Thread