Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2008, 18:30   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
flyte will elevate kinetics image in the market, already has elevated.
Kinetic is notorious for getting stuff out with a bang, lotsa ad's and publicity....all the ad's and stuff stop and so does the scooter/bike..Eg GF 125...
My point is, its too early to say whether the Flyte, by itself, has changed the the scenario and by how much....Lets see a year or a year and a half down the line and see, as of now, flyte is the only attractive scooter/bike from their stable...
In mid/late 2006 i'd read in auto india that kinetic is gonna launch 4-6 new bikes,Blade (blaze) was featured in that(dunt know about flyte).....one was a 3 gear, single seater,automatic scooter was completely retro looks & styling, looked like the old vespa, even had a 2 tone color....I soo want to buy that particular one. I wonder whether/when they will launch it...they've just launced blaze till now from those..

it was something like this w/o the rear seat
Im not so sure whether i can post a Xbhp link but here it is....
The 7 Italjet story
The Retro Kinetic Velocifero
Old 16th February 2008, 18:54   #437
BHPian

[quote][originally by archie]

A good scooter is a good scooter & flyte is a very good scooter, opined by owners and "real" auto experts (not fake ones like sathyaprakash on this forum) who actually ride & test & learn about all cars, bikes & scooters

PLS MIND YOUR WORDS
Before not knowing about me personally how do you call me a fake are u trying to say owning a flyte gives u authority to call all other critics about flyte a fake.

Honourable Bhp MODERATORS i remember you gave me an infraction when i made a personall attact on other member if its true then Archie is personally attacking me using my name and accusing me a fake i think if the rule is common to all she needs an infraction and an edit to her post.

I hope all experts actually ride then test and learn pros and cons of the product pls tell me if there is any other way
Old 16th February 2008, 22:05   #438
BHPian

did i read the words "honorable moderator" ??? (no offence mods, i just can't help but at the prefix given to you guys)

anyway, back to the topic....

archie, yes the flyte has elevated the market status of kinetic to some extent but a lots of hard work is still left. its feedback from flyte owners like you that will make it happen but mind you it will take a year or two before it actually starts to happen. the thing is that with sym on board i think that this is possible.

and archie, the discussion is the same for so long because there are as many yeah sayers to the kinetic brand as there are nay sayers. until that balance is redressed positively this thread will go on and on and on. especially with auto "experts" actively involved. great, i love it. and soon this thread is likely to become the 3rd longest on this section!!! this just shows how much of varied emotions that the kinetic brand carries.

most importantly i request all flyte owners to please post a regular ownership experience here. happy riding.

gendarmee, you are right that kinetic products come with a bang and go with a whimper. but like i have said i think that this time it will stay as a bang and no whimper at all. and on that scooter, velocifero, its i believe is made only for the export market and not destined for india at the moment.

phamilyman, you are in my opinion correct that if hmsi had launched the flyte it would have been devoured much faster by the market. thats the power that honda carries in the market today. but mind you only in the gearless scooter market. kinetic has been in coma since 1999 and appears to have come out of it courtesy sym which incidently was sym-honda until a few years back!!

mods, last page or so was getting personal but please let this thread continue. sanity will prevail and only the truly interested ones will be around taking this forward. thanks.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th February 2008 at 22:08.
Old 16th February 2008, 22:18   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i think that this time it will stay as a bang and no whimper at all.
velocifero, its i believe is made only for the export market and not destined for india at the moment.
Well, that only time will tell. Regular feed back & one-one and a hlaf years would.
Velocifero was a part of a 7 scooter troupe that was supposed to be launched in the market by dussera 06' but only the blade/blaza has made it so far, Velocifero @ 20000 bucks would be a great buy.
Old 17th February 2008, 12:06   #440
BHPian

Default cute velocifero!

The velocifero sure looks cute

But I think flyte may be a more "sensible" riding choice, more practical..

I am a bit surprised at the ferocity in this debate.. after all we are not like deciding to get married or something lifechanging like that! Just buying a scooter costing 40000 to ride around.. two wheelers are quite cheap in our country (given that things like cool mobile phones can cost 20-30k -- decent cars cost 4-5 lakhs etc) so why take such a serious attitude and try to forecast years in future etc.. as long as the vehicle is good & "safe" its fine...

If everyone takes a very conservative & safe approach to automobiles then it will become a very dull place
Old 17th February 2008, 16:36   #441
BHPian

Quote:
archie, yes the flyte has elevated the market status of kinetic to some extent but a lots of hard work is still left.

gendarmee, you are right that kinetic products come with a bang and go with a whimper. but like i have said i think that this time it will stay as a bang and no whimper at all.

I think what kinetic ought to do is to continue with Flyte even if it is not as successful as other scooters in the market. The biggest mistake they keep on doing is, instead of improving their existing products, they discontinue and launch new products (hurting a lot of people in the process).
Old 17th February 2008, 19:31   #442
BHPian

Vabs - that happened mainly in bikes, kinetics foray into bikes did not pan out and those were the repercussions... for which they've paid the price ...

Kinetic has put in a lot of hard work & effort to bring flyte to India, and are doing best to give it great support so am sure they will not at all abandon the brand. I also think that Flyte will be successful, its a very good scooter
Old 17th February 2008, 19:59   #443
BHPian

Looks like things are more at ease now in this thread.
I guess it can be locked now, as it has served it purpose and before thing starts off again.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:43   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
Vabs - that happened mainly in bikes, kinetics foray into bikes did not pan out and those were the repercussions... for which they've paid the price ...
Not exactly. What happened to Marvel and Zing? Even Nova, what is the future of Nova?

They need to stand by their creations (products).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
Kinetic has put in a lot of hard work & effort to bring flyte to India, and are doing best to give it great support so am sure they will not at all abandon the brand. I also think that Flyte will be successful, its a very good scooter
I will say, wait and watch. I will not trust Kinetic untill they prove me wrong(not earlier than 3 years).
Old 18th February 2008, 16:58   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post

I will say, wait and watch. I will not trust Kinetic untill they prove me wrong(not earlier than 3 years).
No point in repeating the same point again and again.
The debate seems never ending.
high time this thread is locked.
Old 19th February 2008, 09:12   #446
BHPian

Question Conclusion

yes, this thread can be locked and here is my final comment based on the massive feedback in this thread.

the flyte is genuinely a good scooter. sym is a great company. but past experience suggests a wait and watch policy with regards to kinetic products.

good luck to all flyte owners. the choice of product is good but the strength of the company behind it is debatable.

if any kinetic official is reading this, the message from the market is loud and clear, and that is:

no matter how good the product is, it is only as good as the company that makes, sells and supports it. kinetic's past is hurting the flyte quite badly. only time will decide the future of the flyte.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:25   #447
BHPian

Quote:
yes, this thread can be locked and here is my final comment based on the massive feedback in this thread.

the flyte is genuinely a good scooter. sym is a great company. but past experience suggests a wait and watch policy with regards to kinetic products.

good luck to all flyte owners. the choice of product is good but the strength of the company behind it is debatable.

if any kinetic official is reading this, the message from the market is loud and clear, and that is:

no matter how good the product is, it is only as good as the company that makes, sells and supports it. kinetic's past is hurting the flyte quite badly. only time will decide the future of the flyte.

I completely agree with that (About Flyte opinion) - but don't agree that thread should be locked. The thread could serve as feedback from Flyte owners. I do intend to add my short-term and long term review about the Flyte here. Others looking to buy ungeared scooter can ask question that may not have been asked till now.
Old 19th February 2008, 14:27   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
No point in repeating the same point again and again.
The debate seems never ending.
high time this thread is locked.
Please see my earlier post in another thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post594345 (Spy Pics- New Scooter From Kinetic/ SYM)

I am one of those who have actually suffered due to kinetic's policies.

Edit: I think hollywoodhogan has summed up the discussion nicely. We can end this discussion now. The ball is in Kinetic's court.
This thread should be locked and a new thread should be started for ownership experiance.

Last edited by vabs78 : 19th February 2008 at 14:31.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:06   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen

If you wish to stop debating then please refrain from posting on this topic, its that simple. There are other new scooters like the Kristal, Blade, Xentis and Aviator that can be discussed.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:51   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Gentlemen

If you wish to stop debating then please refrain from posting on this topic, its that simple. There are other new scooters like the Kristal, Blade, Xentis and Aviator that can be discussed.
Lol.
Yep there are, even have been introduced into the conversation,
Some guys want their ride to hogg the lime light, even if it is by forcing others to believe thats its this its that
I'm old fashioned though, i prefer experience to figures or some snazzy looking web page which talks greatly of menial things. hah.
Point is, that i look for substance thats lasts over a period of time.....also,People are free to decide what they like, the number of rides can talk a lot about how good the ride is doing, so lets keep an eye out on the road and see how many you spot....and year down the line, we can see what's what....no point arguing on thread wasting bandwith
__________________________________________________ _____________
& hayabusa told me about the bhp garage thingy, check my kine out there, will be putting up some pics soon, & also try to it's age.

Last edited by gendarmee : 19th February 2008 at 20:54. Reason: typo
Closed Thread