Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2008, 12:13   #451
BHPian

I dont know about this debate.. I never had any bad image about the Kinetic brand and we are having a very good time with the flyte.

We even got a call from kinetic asking about our satisfaction.. that was a nice contrast to my previous nightmare experience with honda..

meanwhile, I've decided to put the motorcycle purchase on hold for now.. cheers.
Old 25th February 2008, 21:28   #452

Overdrive review data says the ground clearance is 115 mm whereas the it says 135 mm in Kinetic Sym Flyte : Specifications
Which is correct ? I test drove twice on roads with potholes and humps but the clearance seems to be more than 115 mm.
Anybody can clarify ?
Old 26th February 2008, 09:31   #453
BHPian

I bought a red flyte for my wife yesterday...had booked it on the 4th of this month...was a long wait for the red...visited the showroom many a times in the mean time to get the paper works done...and saw two flytes being bought outright ready cash..that reiterated my decision to go fro the flyte...

Got the vehicle registered yesterday and took it out for a short ride...initial impression is great...i just love the small features it has over the others in the market..
Old 26th February 2008, 11:02   #454
BHPian

i think it is 135mm as i have not had any issues with ground clearance on flyte.. in fact a higher ground clearance can also have downsides - a higher centre of gravity negatively affects balance & handling ..

basilmabraham - congrats to you (and ur wife too) for the flyte. i also bought one recently for my wife and she likes hers a lot
Old 26th February 2008, 11:32   #455
BHPian

I had first servicing done last week...though Flyte felt a little rough for couple of days after that, it's smooth now. My mileage has improved a bit - I am getting around 40 to 42 now on road. No other major problem as such as of now....hope it stays that way for few more years to come! AMEN!
Old 27th February 2008, 00:34   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I bought a red flyte for my wife yesterday...had booked it on the 4th of this month...was a long wait for the red...visited the showroom many a times in the mean time to get the paper works done...and saw two flytes being bought outright ready cash..that reiterated my decision to go fro the flyte...

Got the vehicle registered yesterday and took it out for a short ride...initial impression is great...i just love the small features it has over the others in the market..
good choice and congrats. rest assured that you have made the right choice.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:41   #457
BHPian

Looking for an un-geared scooter for my wife. She is using Kinetic Honda now. After going through this thread, almost finalised on Kinetic Sym Flyte. Only a test drive is balance, planned for tomorrow.
A small query, regarding the headlight. Is the light intensity dependent on the throttle? That is one issue we face with the KH now. If no, fine, If yes, how bad it becomes if we are ascending on a slop with no acceleration?
Old 29th February 2008, 17:00   #458
BHPian

Light does vary with throttle a bit -- but general light quality is good, even when you're slow. I think you meant descending on a slope without acceleration.

Do try Access/Aviator and see if she likes them. I had gone to my old mechanic yesterday...after a long time and he was advising me to sell off this Flyte after couple of years. His words -- "These guys at Kinetic simply dump older models and provide no technical support, spare parts for them, becomes very difficult to maintain their vehicles -- no matter how good the engine or vehicle is; the people are same and they are most likely to mess it up again!"

I am hoping to prove him wrong this time! Let's see...
Old 29th February 2008, 17:06   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Light does vary with throttle a bit -- but general light quality is good, even when you're slow. I think you meant descending on a slope without acceleration.
Thanks for the quick response.
Sorry I meant descending a slop. If lighting at no acceleration is not much an issue, then no problem.
Let us have the test drive tomorrow and then we'll decide.
Old 29th February 2008, 17:20   #460
BHPian

I know what u mean about the light - accelerator on the Kinetic Honda when going down a slope with no acceleration.. my dad's KH also did that.
Dont find the same problem on Flyte.

I think Flyte rides much better than the Kinetic Hondas... esp for ladies... Its also easy to put it on main stand, and I especially like the low-hassle of the front fueler. Storage space is also very good . that was a problem on the KH too.

Test drive is always a good idea before deciding.. best luck with the purchase..
Old 29th February 2008, 18:42   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post

Its also easy to put it on main stand, and I especially like the low-hassle of the front fueler. Storage space is also very good . that was a problem on the KH too.
I don't understand why some of you guys make so much fuss about the centre stand.......that on any bike/scooter is a piece of cake, all one has to do is put weight on the stand pushing it down while the handle is straight, and the bike will effortlessly pop up on the stand.

If one holds the handle to the side or drags the bike or tries to lift the bike or any 2 combinations the stands gets miss aligned over time and putting it on that stand becomes tougher.

Try it on a blaze. while your sitting, push your self to the middle of the seat and stand up with one leg on the stand rod and the other on the bike or balancing the bike.
I'm busy now, after i get free i'll post a video on you tube of putting my 18 year old kine on the centre stand.
Old 1st March 2008, 00:11   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I don't understand why some of you guys make so much fuss about the centre stand.......that on any bike/scooter is a piece of cake, all one has to do is put weight on the stand pushing it down while the handle is straight, and the bike will effortlessly pop up on the stand.

If one holds the handle to the side or drags the bike or tries to lift the bike or any 2 combinations the stands gets miss aligned over time and putting it on that stand becomes tougher.

Try it on a blaze. while your sitting, push your self to the middle of the seat and stand up with one leg on the stand rod and the other on the bike or balancing the bike.
I'm busy now, after i get free i'll post a video on you tube of putting my 18 year old kine on the centre stand.
putting vehicles on center stand is an important issue for some riders. may not be for you, but please do not ridicule a concern of other vehicle users. anyway can't wait for your youtube video

Mod's note: Please yawn sarcastically in a private setting and not on a public board which is read by a lot of people.

Last edited by theMAG : 1st March 2008 at 14:08.
Old 1st March 2008, 10:37   #463
BHPian

gendarmee -- i am a girl and putting scooters on main stand is a bit of an issue for us girls, esp if we are wearing sandals or any other type of footwear (which we wear often).. i am sure its much easier for guys since guys wear better protective footwear , but for girls it is a concern.

I look forward to your video would be good to learn. thanks.
Old 1st March 2008, 11:16   #464
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Which would you recommend as the best electric scooter and why ?
Old 1st March 2008, 12:01   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Guys,

Which would you recommend as the best electric scooter and why ?
First of all could you tell me why are you particullarly looking out for electric scooter ?
why not a normal one ?
Closed Thread