Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 11th March 2008, 16:44   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Hi,

I have also made the payment today and taking delivery tomorrow. We are still confused on the color but. Need to tell them by tomorrow 9 am. Black looks good. Any idea why its 500 Rs cheaper? The salesman was saying that black has more resale value, and if any scratches come, we can do easy touch up jobs. Any comments?

Buy the one you like, instead of going by what he says! I don't think black was cheaper by 500 when I booked it!
Old 11th March 2008, 17:02   #482
BHPian

i quite like the black too
(mine is the aquamarine color)
Old 11th March 2008, 17:03   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Buy the one you like, instead of going by what he says! I don't think black was cheaper by 500 when I booked it!
He showed me the price list, in which the prices are different for black and jade charishma (greenish light blue). Some 537 Rs less. At first I thought they wanted to some how give me the black, but even after saying all the good things about black, he says, he would prefer to go for other colors, as black is less moving now a days.
Old 11th March 2008, 19:01   #484
BHPian

yes buy the one you like
what does it matter whether a color is "slow moving" or not?
in fact maybe a slow moving color is better as more unusual?
Old 12th March 2008, 08:40   #485
BHPian

Ok friends, so decided on black.
Now a new question. They are trying to sell me coating for the two wheeler for 350 Rs. Saying that, it will help the plastics from color fading. Says coating will be applied on all parts except tyres and glass parts. Not accepted the offer as of now, any suggestions?
Old 12th March 2008, 10:35   #486
BHPian

Last monday i bought black flyte. It is not cheaper by 500.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:43   #487
BHPian

its not that black is cheaper.. black is priced normal but what I understood at time of booking my flyte was that the red & pink color are sold at a premium of rs. 500 extra
Old 12th March 2008, 18:10   #488
BHPian

I was supposed to get the Flyte yesterday with Registration done, but nothing happened. I got it delivered today, took for a city ride . I topped up the tank, so will let you all know the mileage. I have few quries:

has anyone fixed front and back crash guard?
Floor matt?
Right/Left indicator buzzer?

I was told by the dealer that the crash guard is not available for Flyte and i should wait for some more time.
Old 13th March 2008, 00:04   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
its not that black is cheaper.. black is priced normal but what I understood at time of booking my flyte was that the red & pink color are sold at a premium of rs. 500 extra
i would not say that red & pink are premium. its just that red, pink & silver grey cost rs.500 more than black & green colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I was supposed to get the Flyte yesterday with Registration done, but nothing happened. I got it delivered today, took for a city ride . I topped up the tank, so will let you all know the mileage. I have few quries:

has anyone fixed front and back crash guard?
Floor matt?
Right/Left indicator buzzer?

I was told by the dealer that the crash guard is not available for Flyte and i should wait for some more time.
lots of vehicles in bangalore are running with the guards and mat. go for it when available if you like the looks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Ok friends, so decided on black.
Now a new question. They are trying to sell me coating for the two wheeler for 350 Rs. Saying that, it will help the plastics from color fading. Says coating will be applied on all parts except tyres and glass parts. Not accepted the offer as of now, any suggestions?
genuine teflon coating will help in slowing down the fading and ageing process but cannot prevent it. nothing can stop the sun from takings its toll. if you park your vehicle in the sun most of the time it might make some sense to go for teflon coating. otherwise just a simple wax polish will do.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:26   #490
BHPian

Floor mat is not available yet. I am also looking for it!
I was not told about any price difference, I didn't pay anything extra for my silver flyte!
Old 13th March 2008, 15:54   #491
BHPian

I have a mobile charger adapter in my Car, can i use the same in Flyte ?
Old 13th March 2008, 21:53   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Floor mat is not available yet. I am also looking for it!
I was not told about any price difference, I didn't pay anything extra for my silver flyte!
i can have someone ship you one through a courier service!
silver colour price went up just recently i am told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I have a mobile charger adapter in my Car, can i use the same in Flyte ?
yes you can use a cigarette lighter adapter charger.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 13th March 2008 at 21:55.
Old 14th March 2008, 09:30   #493
Senior - BHPian

Default Kinetic Service

People Help me if I am wrong... AFter extensive research I found that Kinetic is going the LML-Daelim way... all their tie ups with Hyounsung (spell..!) all their Flop bikes like hyonsung 150, Marvel Scoot... Kinee 4stroke... Why are people still going to Kinetic... I accept may be the Flyte is a decent scooterette... but their after market service has a lot left to be desired about...

I have a Dio from 2005... U guys have to hand it to the Honda Guys... Japnese in every sense....!!! Honda lovers... please second me...

Kinetic guys... no offence...just thought the service needs to buckle up...!!
Old 14th March 2008, 11:23   #494
BHPian

Kinetic is making a very sensible comeback with the Flyte... you should take a ride on the Flyte and then you will understand the fuss about it. Its a very good scooter and thats why it is getting a good market response. Flyte is de-throning the scooty pep as the girl's scooterette choice, by offering way more convenience, quality & better ride than the pep.

Last edited by sunilbakshi : 14th March 2008 at 11:25.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:33   #495
BHPian

we are having a good experience with the flyte, my wife is really satisfied with it. so far no complaints on servicing, dealer etc.

earlier have had bad time with honda activa, esp dealership & servicing was just too bad.
Closed Thread