Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2008, 12:36   #496
BHPian

I agree with SVSantosh.

I own a Honda Activa from 2002. 6yrs, 50K+, and the vehicle is still in great condition. Why do I say, great condition-> The engine is in awesome state even now. emission is almost negligible, when compared with Kinetic vehicles. The pick-up is still good, the mileage is almost close to 50 kmpl. What more to expect from it even after 6 yrs. Even now, it does not complain, when I ride doubles and try to push it over a steep uphill

I have experience with Kinetic, I owned a Kinetic style earlier. Yes, I know it is not fair to compare a 75cc bike with a 102 cc bike, but looking at the standards, Honda is way ahead.

My brother owned a Kinetic for a few years. And AFAIK, if kinetic is used for 6 years, it is good to be dumped (correct me if I am wrong!).

I was very excited when Kinetic Nova was launched, but just one ride on it and you know the difference between a Kinetic and Honda. To tell in terms of one of my cousin's expression after driving the Activa for the first time "It is pure ecstacy to drive this vehicle man!"

I think anyone can get an idea by checking with any road side mechanics, they will vouch that Activa engine is much better than Kinetic! (yes, you get the picture now: I am a staunch Honda fan)
Old 14th March 2008, 12:48   #497
BHPian

Default surprising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post

earlier have had bad time with honda activa, esp dealership & servicing was just too bad.
it is really surprising to see a bad dealer experience with Honda! In Bangalore, I regularly visit the Honda showroom in Jayanagar and they seem to be very very good!

no complaints so far after 50K kms!
Old 14th March 2008, 13:24   #498
BHPian

I agree with sunilbakshi that flyte is a very good scooter for girls.. definitely better than the scooty pep.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:25   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
it is really surprising to see a bad dealer experience with Honda! In Bangalore, I regularly visit the Honda showroom in Jayanagar and they seem to be very very good!

yes its known that 90% of honda owners have little to complain about the servicing. and thats because the product is so good that there is no cause to complain. little goes wrong with an activa, so hardly any problems reported and so not much for the service center to worry and trouble shoot also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
People Help me if I am wrong... AFter extensive research I found that Kinetic is going the LML-Daelim way... all their tie ups with Hyounsung (spell..!) all their Flop bikes like hyonsung 150, Marvel Scoot... Kinee 4stroke... Why are people still going to Kinetic... I accept may be the Flyte is a decent scooterette... but their after market service has a lot left to be desired about...

I have a Dio from 2005... U guys have to hand it to the Honda Guys... Japnese in every sense....!!! Honda lovers... please second me...

Kinetic guys... no offence...just thought the service needs to buckle up...!!
kinetic is not going the lml-daelim way for sure. in fact if it goes anyway its going the sym way. i.e. sym will have more involvement in the flyte and future models. thats the rumour anyway. after the good old kinetic-honda the flyte is the first decent product from kintic-sym....not kinetic. if the flyte was just from kinetic then am sure that it would have gone the nova or style or 4s way. sym is making a difference.

just take a test ride of the flyte with an open mind and am sure that you will sing praises about it. but about kinetic by itself, i have to agree with you.

Quote:
I agree with SVSantosh.

I have experience with Kinetic, I owned a Kinetic style earlier. Yes, I know it is not fair to compare a 75cc bike with a 102 cc bike, but looking at the standards, Honda is way ahead.

My brother owned a Kinetic for a few years. And AFAIK, if kinetic is used for 6 years, it is good to be dumped (correct me if I am wrong!).

I was very excited when Kinetic Nova was launched, but just one ride on it and you know the difference between a Kinetic and Honda. To tell in terms of one of my cousin's expression after driving the Activa for the first time "It is pure ecstacy to drive this vehicle man!"

I think anyone can get an idea by checking with any road side mechanics, they will vouch that Activa engine is much better than Kinetic! (yes, you get the picture now: I am a staunch Honda fan)
kinetic style is a natural disaster. i sympathise with those who bought it. and on having to dump a kinetic after 6 years is debatable. but i see your point. this is sort of applicable to all kinetics except the kinetic-honda. and opinions of road-side mechanics are written in washable ink. i would not trust their opinion beyond a level.

the flyte is really a good scoot. one can tell that from a test ride. its on par with honda in terms of smoothness/refinement. but like the opinion of many a good product needs to be supported by a good company and kinetic does not have a good reputation for giving good support to its products. but with sym on board there is genuine hope.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 14th March 2008 at 14:26.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:37   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
and opinions of road-side mechanics are written in washable ink.
I am sorry, but I do not agree with that. I would say that is the best consensus you can get.

Go to a road side mechanic and ask him, if you want to buy a used gear less vehicle which one he would suggest. I am sure, 7/10 times, they will reply "Activa"!
Old 14th March 2008, 14:55   #501
Senior - BHPian

while buying a ungeared two wheeler for my sis i had a look at almost all options. my observations were :
1.Suzuki Access : best engine, smoothest and refined out of the lot. But too tall and heavy,bulky.
2.Kinetic flyte : good responsive engine. but the clutch engages in very high rpm which makes it cumbersome in traffic. the plastic quality and the finish is a no-no.
3.Honda activa : the most favourite and versatile though 100 cc. metal body and bulky
4. Honda dio: shares the same engine as the activa. light sporty and very good finish qulity especially the sports series.
5.scooty pep: not upto the mark.
6.scooty 2 stroke : best reliable engine. no problems over the years. but its peppy.

so finally as per the girlies taste and good engine a balance was striked by the Honda Dio and we went for it. the only care should be taken not to crack the fibre body. rest all its faster and the mileage is more than the activa due to its light weight,.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:57   #502
BHPian

Default have detailed bad honda experience somewhere

Quote:

I've detailed my bad experience with Honda elsewhere in this forum (either this thread or another thread, cant remember for sure).. its pretty shocking, read it..
Old 14th March 2008, 15:09   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post
I've detailed my bad experience with Honda elsewhere in this forum (either this thread or another thread, cant remember for sure).. its pretty shocking, read it..
I read... and yes it is very shocking!!

It is really surprising and sad that you had such a bad experience and got a bad vehicle too.

But, thankfully, cases like yours are rare when compared with other dealers.

I am also very curious about flyte after reading your posts. Keep me updated on the flight of flyte

I would definitlyl like to know how it behaves after 50K kms, but I have to wait for that :(
Old 14th March 2008, 15:16   #504
Senior - BHPian

honda suffers a bad dealership and after sales service. hero honda as well as honda both are the worst amongst the lot. they will go to any extent to deny your claims of warranty. also they dont service ur bikes according to the directions and points given by the company on the job card.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:20   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
honda suffers a bad dealership and after sales service. hero honda as well as honda both are the worst amongst the lot. they will go to any extent to deny your claims of warranty. also they don't service your bikes according to the directions and points given by the company on the job card.
I am not sure if they are as bad as you point them to be... but your comment does remind me of one incident.

I had given the vehicle for regular service. After the service, when I was checking the vehicle, I realized that one of the indicator tweeters was not working. I pointed it out to them and said it was working earlier when I left the vehicle for service.

They agreed that they spoiled it during service, but charged me for replacing it!! No matter what I told would not convince them to replace a tweeter worth Rs.40 free of cost in spite of agreeing that they had spoiled it!
Old 14th March 2008, 15:44   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if they are as bad as you point them to be... but your comment does remind me of one incident.

I had given the vehicle for regular service. After the service, when I was checking the vehicle, I realized that one of the indicator tweeters was not working. I pointed it out to them and said it was working earlier when I left the vehicle for service.

They agreed that they spoiled it during service, but charged me for replacing it!! No matter what I told would not convince them to replace a tweeter worth Rs.40 free of cost in spite of agreeing that they had spoiled it!
one day it happened that my friends silencer and wheel rim got rusted. it was 2-3 months old bike. we went to hero honda and asked to change in warranty. they said u have filled adulterated petrol and u have brushed the wheel rim.
i was literaaly mad over it. the place where the wheel rim was rusted has no access to get brushed anyways. also i feel that the hero honda people should open their own petrol pump so that we will fill fuel there.
then i asked them to give in writing. then they denied to give in writing. then i threatened to go to consumer court. it was then they changed them.

the same case had happened with my tvs bike. the silencer was rusty. without delay immediately they changed it in warranty.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:49   #507
BHPian

@amit_mechengg:

That is a real bad experience man. I dont blame you for your opinion of Hnda service now.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:00   #508
Senior - BHPian

infact one of my friends friend owns a honda A.S.S. he said that the load is so much that sometimes they just wash the bike and give it back and say that its serviced.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:04   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
infact one of my friends friend owns a honda A.S.S. he said that the load is so much that sometimes they just wash the bike and give it back and say that its serviced.
Thats sacrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry...

I generally try to give the vehicle for service on weekdays, yes it is a little uneasy but my vehicle gets better attention as the crowd is less.

My experience: I have ALWAYS found the engine/suspension smoother after servicing. It is easy to find out if they have actually serviced it as I ride on some real bad roads on the way to office.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:44   #510
BHPian

Quote:
I am also very curious about flyte after reading your posts. Keep me updated on the flight of flyte

I would definitlyl like to know how it behaves after 50K kms, but I have to wait for that :(
Though I own flyte, I am very skeptical how it would behave after 25k or so. I have long relationship with a guy who used to service my Shaolin - he says it is best to sell it off after 2 years because Kinetic ultimately dumps their vehicle and no spares are available. Let's see, or else I'd be selling my Flyte in Diwali 2009 and buy something more reliable. In fact, I believe flyte are selling only because Honda is/was complacent and didn't bother adding some smart features to their scooters.
Closed Thread