Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2008, 18:25   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, I'd like to know about this secondary injection feature. Only 1000 cc superbikes have this secondary shower injector
Old 15th March 2008, 19:10   #527
BHPian

though it is just 4 days of my Flyte purchase, I have started enjoying the ride. I and my friend did lots of TDs before buying Flyte. I drove Aviator and didnt like the look or the seating position!
Old 15th March 2008, 23:48   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Fine print is what matters.
I'm no fan of any two wheeler brand, just the JAWA mebbe.
I do Critique most things though.
jawa made one of the world's most noisy and polluting 2 wheelers.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:55   #529
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
Haha. Say what you want, I just say your tad ignorant.
If you think that it makes noise that baby is not for ya.

BTW for info, JAWA still is in full fledged production.

Last edited by gendarmee : 15th March 2008 at 23:59.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:00   #530
BHPian

[quote=vabs78;759416]Front fueling ->I know for a fact that this is the single most important convenience feature on any gearless scoot. Especially for ladies. Gr8 wok by SYM.
-you bet

Huge storage -> its not HUGE, its marginally better than Dio.
- still better though

Telescopic front suspension -> This is a good feature but two telescopic setups can have huge difference in performance depending the quality of engineering that goes into it.
-telescopic is better than leading link.

Mobile charger -> Useless feature
-may be for you

9 Ah battery -> I have this battery on my GF. It costs Rs. 1600+ to replace while any normal battery can be bought for ~Rs. 800+.
-9ah will last longer than a 5ah under similar load conditions

Central locking -> Not sure what is this means. Dio also has single key for all locks.
-i dont either

Antitheft magnetic key -> This looks like useful feature but its going to be very difficult to obtain an duplicate of such a key.
-that's the idea!

Impact resistant mirrors -> Has anybody tested how impact resistant these are? They look very plasticy to me.
-yes i have. the chances of breakage are much less than normal fixed mirrors.

Zapper tyres -> Dio has puncture resistant tires which is a much more useful feature.
-yes, no doubt.

125cc engine with secondary injection -> 125cc is good but whats secondary injection? how does it add any value for the end user?
-look at it in a more global sense and not just end user. its less polluting and less harmful to the environment.

Also pioneers 3 year warranty -> Good. But warranty terms can be diceptive.
-nothing different from a honda or bajaj warranty. whatever is warranteed in the activa for 1 year is warranteed for 3 years on the flyte and of course it does not include electrical parts, wear and tear parts etc. all the same be it kinetic or sym or tvs or bajaj.

Handling is awesome -> At what speed have you tested? This is an important feedback. If handling is really that good then it indicates that the overall engineering standards are good.
-handling is better than the activa both at high speeds and on broken road surfaces.

& good value for money price -> Agreed. After sales service is to be seen
-i agree too.

and i see why you have spoken so about kinetic and flyte, and i think thats because of the gf you own and the experiences with it.

[quote]
Old 16th March 2008, 00:02   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Haha. Say what you want, I just say your tad ignorant.
If you think that it makes noise that baby is not for ya.

BTW for info, JAWA still is in full fledged production.
haha, you can bet its not for me for sure just the way a kinetic flyte is not for you.
haha again, btw, full fledged production does not mean much to me. hahaha, you are the one ignorant to others by supporting noisy vehicles. not me.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th March 2008 at 00:06.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:09   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Some thing related to the discussion, Check out this months issue of OVERDRIVE mag. There is this little news in the left page somewhere about news of Vespa's comeback. Piaggo is planning on that, 50-150cc range probably by 2009/10 plant coming up in Maharashtra.

Check the picture of the Red Vespa there, its one the newer ones, check the front suspension. Lets see if you can recognise the type and what you have to say about it, considering that its probably gonna be on a Vespa scooter.

Nothing goes out of fashion, it just comes back after a while.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:20   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Some thing related to the discussion, Check out this months issue of OVERDRIVE mag. There is this little news in the left page somewhere about news of Vespa's comeback. Piaggo is planning on that, 50-150cc range probably by 2009/10 plant coming up in Maharashtra.

Check the picture of the Red Vespa there, its one the newer ones, check the front suspension. Lets see if you can recognise the type and what you have to say about it, considering that its probably gonna be on a Vespa scooter.

Nothing goes out of fashion, it just comes back after a while.
i was never talking about "fashion". vespa and retro go together. vespa is fashionable for sure but still retro, and that means old style. now common, who would like a vespa with telescopic suspension?

or to put it your lingo, how about a good old jawa with a digital dash?

and btw, the time spent by a style before coming back in fashion IS called "out of fashion".

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th March 2008 at 00:25.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:28   #534
BHPian

[quote=hollywoodhogan;759804]

-telescopic is better than leading link-Depends doesnt always have to be.

-9ah will last longer than a 5ah under similar load conditions-It has nothing to do with the life time of the battery, its not analogous to a cellphones that would help if it lasts longer, Vehicle batterys get charged while the engine runs. on 9ah u can probably run more stuff at one time than a 5 ah battery, but how much extra is there, nothing new on the electrical front. the life cyle is similar otherwise. unless one looks at you charging phones all day long.
I've a pair of 4 AMP FIAMM trumpet horns fixed on my kine, the battery does 2-2 1/2 years with all the bloody honking.

Antitheft magnetic key -> This looks like useful feature but its going to be very difficult to obtain an duplicate of such a key.
-that's the idea!-> yea sure, but most people would not like to add more to their existing trouble, Loosing the keys is a big deal to start with.

Impact resistant mirrors -> Has anybody tested how impact resistant these are? They look very plasticy to me.
-yes i have. the chances of breakage are much less than normal fixed mirrors.-From experience with the activa's mirror move back by getting un screwed when they hit something hard, & the kinetic honda's break, coz only the adjustable mirror moves. thats why i dont keep the left mirror on mine, may be its a first time with kinetic.

Also pioneers 3 year warranty -> Thats a marketing gimmick, to attract.

-handling is better than the activa both at high speeds and on broken road surfaces-By the way you speak i doubt if u've driven a proper condition activa.

Experience. Kinetic, Kinetic Nova have been enough.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:55   #535
BHPian

Quote:
i was never talking about "fashion". vespa and retro go together. vespa is fashionable for sure but still retro, and that means old style. now common, who would like a vespa with telescopic suspension?

and btw, the time spent by a style before coming back in fashion IS called "out of fashion".
Aha, exactly. Some non-appealing fashion gets replaced.

Its justs looks like a vespa front the front, everything else is as new as it can get, please look at the magazine before ya comment.

Just looks retro, the suspenstion still is what suits the design.
Another suspension might be better but this does the job pretty well, more importantly suits the design.
You are mixing it. Retro Vespas i.e old Vespa's is one thing and new piaggo/Vespa's are another set.
Read the article you will also read that those bike would run on electricity and petrol, hybrids. that anything but retro.

HERE-Ben's new Vespa on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How ever the other vespa is a touch different, not a lot.
Old 16th March 2008, 19:17   #536
BHPian

Quote:
-telescopic is better than leading link.

- Conceptually. Not necessarily in reality. Any concept needs good engineering. Unless we have an unbiased review/comparision on Activa and Flyte's handeling we can't say anything. And I don't think we can consider you as unbiased.

Mobile charger -> Useless feature
-may be for you
-Useless still

-9ah will last longer than a 5ah under similar load conditions
- Well well well... pls provide some technical explaination of your statement. A 9ah battery only has better current capacity. Ah rating has nothing do with lasting longer (if you are talking about battery life). Also automobile battery is charged constantly when engine is running.

FWI, I have replaced 9ah battery on my GF with a 5ah one (much cheaper) and the headlight/horn etc. is working as good as they were with the 9ah battery.

-yes i have. the chances of breakage are much less than normal fixed mirrors.

- How did you test it? Did you have a fall from Flyte? Pls elaborate?

125cc engine with secondary injection -> 125cc is good but whats secondary injection? how does it add any value for the end user?
-look at it in a more global sense and not just end user. its less polluting and less harmful to the environment.

- Please explain. How does secondary injection helps in reducing pollution? Is this same as "secondary air injection"?
I am saddened by your remarks about JAWA. JAWA used to make some of the finest motorcycles of that time.
Old 16th March 2008, 20:42   #537
BHPian

Quote:

HERE-Ben's new Vespa on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How ever the other vespa is a touch different, not a lot.
thats a trailing link suspension.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:34   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
I am saddened by your remarks about JAWA. JAWA used to make some of the finest motorcycles of that time.
Like I said, He's just tad ignorant.

Quote:
thats a trailing link suspension.
So thats what gonna be on the new Vespa's. its still not the telescopic, shouldn't you be criticizing it by now?

Last edited by gendarmee : 16th March 2008 at 21:38. Reason: merging 2 posts.
Old 16th March 2008, 22:46   #539
BHPian

"Handling is awesome -> At what speed have you tested? This is an important feedback. If handling is really that good then it indicates that the overall engineering standards are good."

yes overall engineering standards are very good ... SYM is renowned for their intense chassis development program, and NVH control. SYM makes some of the best handling scooters in the world, and thats what you see on the flyte
Old 16th March 2008, 23:15   #540
BHPian

An SYM is much more softer on bumps than a Dio. My neighbour has an SYM. Ran both bikes over the exact same path.
Closed Thread