Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2008, 23:56   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
"Handling is awesome->
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
An SYM is much more softer on bumps than a Dio.
There is no denying that the this suspension can do better.
Also the suspension of on the dio/activa isnt bad or something at prove to cause a bad ride, unlike how its being spoken off here.
The rear suspension of the activa does give one a back ache after a long ride though, coz of the broadish seat that slants forward w/o a pillion.
Old 17th March 2008, 08:55   #542
BHPian

I agree, the suspension in dio/activa isnt bad. It's very normal and comfortable. All I was trying to say is that the SYM is a step above in this aspect.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:15   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Like I said, He's just tad ignorant.
am glad that the feeling is mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
So thats what gonna be on the new Vespa's. its still not the telescopic, shouldn't you be criticizing it by now?
i thought that was your forte, i.e. being a critic.

Quote:
I agree, the suspension in dio/activa isnt bad. It's very normal and comfortable. All I was trying to say is that the SYM is a step above in this aspect.
comrade amit, you are risking being labelled "ignorant" by our resident honda loyalists by making the above statement.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 17th March 2008 at 14:18.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:21   #544
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
i thought that was your forte, i.e. being a critic.
Def it is, for looking at it from a neutral point of view.
Not for brand badging.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:09   #545
BHPian

we find the flyte ride to be very good, and especially appreciate the suspension & the handling, and engine smoothness.
among the features, some are very useful - front fueling and key operated fuel cap, big storage (with light), antitheft key (thefts are quite common in mumbai) are good. mobile charging, big battery, good mirrors - well they definitely add a little something to the scooter.
i think it would be good to review flyte with an open mind as sym seems to have done its homework well
Old 17th March 2008, 19:09   #546
BHPian

I would agree with brianbandra. With the cost and the practical features that are available in Flyte it is not a bad choice over other scooters.
Old 17th March 2008, 20:01   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
comrade amit, you are risking being labelled "ignorant" by our resident honda loyalists by making the above statement.
I dont give a damn ! I own a Dio ONLY and I absolutely love it, the service and the cheap parts.
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:33   #548
BHPian

Did 1st servicing of flyte. I did compare a lot between Activa, Deo and Flyte before making decision. Found Flyte has very smooth engine compare to Activa, must say much better handling and suspension does its job very well. Feature rich.

Though after 1st servicing deliviry, while returning to home found bike is leaking petrol. Called service center, they came to spot in 10 mins. But they were not loaded with proper tools. So they took the bike to service center back. But it was closing time so they refused to look at the bike that time. It was quite disappointing for me. Cuase problem had occured after servicing only. I was expecting them to atleast see the exact problem which can be fix in a minute. Next day I got my bike, with tank being replaced. But once I throttle the bike, I forgot everything and start enjoying the ride.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 22nd March 2008 at 18:34.
Old 23rd March 2008, 01:53   #549
BHPian

@pawan: just PMed you number of kinetic ASM. Contact him in case of difficulties.
Old 24th March 2008, 10:56   #550
BHPian

After completing first service, tried ripping the bike slowly. And I am happy with my decesion, the only thing which makes to think is servicing. Hope it will also be better.
Before making decesion, I did test ride on all the scooter available in Indian market.
Activa no doubt, has proven engine. But it doesnt felt smooth. Found Access's engine is much better than Activa. Flyte engine has different feeling, feels like stressless even higher speed. And flyte handling is a way ahead than Activa and Access. Did not ridden aviator.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:42   #551
BHPian

I am having niggling quality issues now with Flyte - city had a light drizzle day before yesterday. And since then, for some weird reason - the horn often stays "on" and after several tries to pull the switch out - it stops!! Quite embarrassing when you know that other people are staring at you with annoyance!!! :(
Old 24th March 2008, 11:59   #552
BHPian

Hi All,
Went through this thread in detail. Did some research and test rides of activa/aviator. Suzuki wasn't willing to offer any test ride and were blunt in saying there is 6 month waiting period for Access. Honda guys weren't pretty approachable nor offered any help in getting vehicle before Holi.
After a test ride on Flyte, was quite satisfied - booked and got delivery of black Flyte on same day (19th Mar 08). Quite nice feeling to ride it, though i actually bought it for my sis. She and my wife are quite excited about the new ride they got.
Thanks for all the reviews posted on this thread. Could quite comfortably decide on the vehicle. Looking forward for a great relationship plus a good after sales service. Till now (buying experience, delivery and post delivery activities like accessories fitment, number plates etc) has been very good experience with DR Motors, Bangalore.
Would recommend it to any prospective buyers.
Old 24th March 2008, 12:42   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Hi All,
Went through this thread in detail. Did some research and test rides of activa/aviator. Suzuki wasn't willing to offer any test ride and were blunt in saying there is 6 month waiting period for Access. Honda guys weren't pretty approachable nor offered any help in getting vehicle before Holi.
After a test ride on Flyte, was quite satisfied - booked and got delivery of black Flyte on same day (19th Mar 08). Quite nice feeling to ride it, though i actually bought it for my sis. She and my wife are quite excited about the new ride they got.
Thanks for all the reviews posted on this thread. Could quite comfortably decide on the vehicle. Looking forward for a great relationship plus a good after sales service. Till now (buying experience, delivery and post delivery activities like accessories fitment, number plates etc) has been very good experience with DR Motors, Bangalore.
Would recommend it to any prospective buyers.
Don't jump so fast man - you've just bought it!! Kinetic is notorious for throwing unpleasant surprises at its customers. Let's hope they do something better this time with Sym!
Old 24th March 2008, 14:06   #554
BHPian

As most people have pointed out already, the service recieved seems to be good indeed. IMO SYM have proved themselves. This said, my next scooter is a definate Flyte (or better) for the handling. Enjoy the ride G-BoleroBoy.
Old 24th March 2008, 14:21   #555
BHPian

Quote:
As most people have pointed out already, the service recieved seems to be good indeed. IMO SYM have proved themselves. This said, my next scooter is a definate Flyte (or better) for the handling. Enjoy the ride G-BoleroBoy.
Don't jump to conclusions so early. See pavan's post above just as an example.

Also, any bike will not give much of problem for first year or so. Service is important after this one year when you start getting some issues. As of now Kinetic's record is bad. Lets wait and watch before we pass any judgement.

Lets hope that kinetic improves its service.
Closed Thread