Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 24th March 2008, 14:25   #556
BHPian

Noted vabs78. It will be atleast a year before I change my Dio for a Flyte, anyways.
Old 24th March 2008, 15:13   #557
Senior - BHPian

The only reason, why I still hesitate in going ahead with Flyte, is Kinetic's "legendary" notorious past. I have experienced it first hand in past and I would be 100 times cautious before picking up any Kinetic product again.

Hope, Flyte provides different experience for its owners.
Old 24th March 2008, 15:33   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
The only reason, why I still hesitate in going ahead with Flyte, is Kinetic's "legendary" notorious past. I have experienced it first hand in past and I would be 100 times cautious before picking up any Kinetic product again.
Agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Hope, Flyte provides different experience for its owners.
Again, agree wholeheartedly and one big "AMEN" to that because I own flyte myself and hope it stays good!!
Old 24th March 2008, 17:08   #559
BHPian

Default congrats! enjoy

Congrats on the new Flyte and enjoy your ride...

People here (as you can see) are having a very lengthy discussion. some are pro kinetic, some are anti kinetic but mostly there seems to be agreement that Flyte is a good scooter!

We are happy with our Flyte, it is good (and especially so for the ladies).
Do learn about the fuel indicator ..
Old 24th March 2008, 18:29   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I am having niggling quality issues now with Flyte - city had a light drizzle day before yesterday. And since then, for some weird reason - the horn often stays "on" and after several tries to pull the switch out - it stops!! Quite embarrassing when you know that other people are staring at you with annoyance!!! :(
I one takes notice all switches on activa/access ect are the same , i guess its the same supplier, Minda.
Thats Prolly coz of the spring system on the horn switch, happens all the time on the Activa, its coz after a water wash or after rain water gets into the switch... the switch gets depressed but doesn't spring back when left...to come around this permanent problem i have stuck a springy metal strip bent in a S shape under the switch, solves that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Though after 1st servicing delivery, while returning to home found bike is leaking petrol.
Thats what one cant trust kinetic so much, SYM made a nice bike but it really takes some inexperience to make petrol leak from a new bike....my friends bike it just wouldn't start. the service center man came down turned out to be a failed plug. 3rd day after delivery.

I'm planning on changing the activa in a month or two.
have to decide b/w the flyte & Access.
Test ride for access wasnt available now. I'd taken it before it was good, I don't like the inclined seat,like how the activa has...But pretty zippy acceleration.
I had to make a special request for the TD. suspenstion felt okay, no great shakes, tried one bad patch of road I couldnt experience the front suspension to its potential coz the fork was loose, 50 meters from where i stated the petrol got over, so had to push it back. Found it as zippy as the access, i like the old kine styled flat seat on this one. 3 year warranty is kind of not clear, sales manager says one has to pay for only the oil for three years but also mention about spares being sold at a certain rate at Service centre.

Flyte is 44500 & Access is 45600. not much of deciding factor.
waiting peroid- a day for the flyte. 30 days waiting for access(if i book it at a district dealer, 20 km from home it takes 3 days) so delivery time is also not a big deciding factor.

Now all I'm looking out for is unbiased user opinion, not for the bike but A.S.S of both.
Old 24th March 2008, 21:29   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Now all I'm looking out for is unbiased user opinion, not for the bike but A.S.S of both.
then you're at worng place at the moment. Why not head over to the nearest service centers and spend an hour hanging around. Unless you have BHPians who have exp at the service centers you will use, its meaningless imo.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:02   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Then you're at wrong place at the moment. Why not head over to the nearest service centers and spend an hour hanging around. Unless you have BHPians who have exp at the service centers you will use, its meaningless imo.
Thank you for your opinion.
Looks like that's your way of studying A.S.S, def not one which I'm gonna give a try. I have more dependable ways, like, just having a word with people who use it.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:07   #563
BHPian

Default hmm

hmmm never met anyone who owns a suzuki bike or scooter
Old 24th March 2008, 22:14   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post
hmmm never met anyone who owns a suzuki bike or scooter
There is always a first time, in everyday life....Try thinking about how many guys you know who owns a Suzuki cars.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:22   #565

well bought myself a kinetic Sym Flyte.I found it very easy to handle and Drive..some how feel that it lacks the initial pickup power. but very good at bends and braking
Old 28th March 2008, 16:47   #566
BHPian

I did a full tank to full tank check and my flyte's mileage comes to 42KMPL. How about other ? what is that mileage that you people get?
Old 28th March 2008, 17:15   #567
BHPian

our estimate is 47-48 kmpl
mostly single seat ridden in mumbai's pretty bad traffic
Old 28th March 2008, 17:42   #568
BHPian

that's pretty good mileage. I always ride doubles (I pick up my friend on the way to office). hope this changes after my first services.
Old 28th March 2008, 19:18   #569
BHPian

hmmm i think 42 kpl with doubles is good and usually mileage improves after first services. i am getting around 50 now - i ride solo and dont carry too much stuff around that helps.
Old 1st April 2008, 14:22   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I did a full tank to full tank check and my flyte's mileage comes to 42KMPL. How about other ? what is that mileage that you people get?
I get around 40-42 - and riding is almost always solo with speed between 40-50 in Pune''s traffic.
Closed Thread