Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2008, 19:04   #571
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Those are amazing fuel efficiency figures. For the record, the HMSI Activa gives only 30 KmpL. (it is the entire family's run-around b!tch).

Have raised the issue with service guys and they say this is normal, nothing's wrong with the Activa...Flyte might be a decent upgrade then, particularly since there's no fresh news on a Bajaj scooter.
Old 1st April 2008, 19:26   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Those are amazing fuel efficiency figures. For the record, the HMSI Activa gives only 30 KmpL. (it is the entire family's run-around b!tch).

Have raised the issue with service guys and they say this is normal, nothing's wrong with the Activa...Flyte might be a decent upgrade then, particularly since there's no fresh news on a Bajaj scooter.
Mine gives 35-40. Normal city traffic is all the bike is used in.
30 is very low.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:58   #573
BHPian

3 weeks of ownership:
Self-starter relay konked off. Called up DR Motors and promptly they picked up the vehicle from home within an hour. Evening went there to pick the vehicle.
Service advisor took a small ride - and then offered to test the vehicle. Quietly he observed how we start the vehicle (no acceleration as suggested by sales team). Then he came around and suggested we accelerate a bit (very little) while we hit the start button to avoid relay getting jammed. also said, sales guys are more prone to misinform customers about this for whatever reason.

Apart from this, (1) there is a grinding sound/feel as the vehicle speeds up. (2) Take off is not smooth - no reaction for small acceleration, and then suddenly it leaps and starts running..
Will have to get it checked during first service.

PS: We had not carried helmet when we went to pick up the vehicle. Service guys provided us with a loaner helmet for a day which was promptly returned the next day.

So to say - Service team from Kinetic D R motors is good enough to make customers happy with their attitude and service. Not sure how they will tackle bigger issues - but certainly they are not as bad as it sounds on this forum.
And vehicle is not super-perfect too - it will have some niggles anyways which needs to be sorted out.

Am happy.
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:26   #574
BHPian

Yeah I am quite happy with the service for Flyte provided by Soniya Kinetic, Chembur too. Much better attitude than Honda actually, its a refreshing change.

I guess, from reading on this forum, that Kinetic has improved its service from before.. At least the Flyte is getting good support anyway.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:45   #575
BHPian

I have checking for write-ups on Flyte but didnt find it. Can some one of you write about experience that you had with your flyte
Old 8th April 2008, 23:09   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
3 weeks of ownership:
Self-starter relay konked off. Called up DR Motors and promptly they picked up the vehicle from home within an hour. Evening went there to pick the vehicle.
Service advisor took a small ride - and then offered to test the vehicle. Quietly he observed how we start the vehicle (no acceleration as suggested by sales team). Then he came around and suggested we accelerate a bit (very little) while we hit the start button to avoid relay getting jammed. also said, sales guys are more prone to misinform customers about this for whatever reason.

Apart from this, (1) there is a grinding sound/feel as the vehicle speeds up. (2) Take off is not smooth - no reaction for small acceleration, and then suddenly it leaps and starts running..
Will have to get it checked during first service.

PS: We had not carried helmet when we went to pick up the vehicle. Service guys provided us with a loaner helmet for a day which was promptly returned the next day.

So to say - Service team from Kinetic D R motors is good enough to make customers happy with their attitude and service. Not sure how they will tackle bigger issues - but certainly they are not as bad as it sounds on this forum.
And vehicle is not super-perfect too - it will have some niggles anyways which needs to be sorted out.

Am happy.
i dont feel the relay has to jam if one doesnt accelerate while hitting the start button. infact one should start without pulling the accelerator. the other thing u spoke about "no reaction for small acceleration, and then suddenly it leaps and starts running.. " is certain for flyte as the clutch engage RPM is very high. this is the most stupid thing they have done on indian heavy traffic roads. many feel that flyte has very gud pick-up due to this
Old 9th April 2008, 10:25   #577
BHPian

today a went to the service station to leave my Flyte for first service and found that the front left indicator light is not working. I'm suprised to see similar issue happening for most of the Flyte owners !
Old 14th April 2008, 12:17   #578
BHPian

Today gave my flyte for second servicing (2500 kms) done. There are some problems I am facing -

(1) Right indicator bulb fused. (guess Kinetic picks them up from some garbage can )
(2) Dicky LED lamp glows sometimes, and stays off for sometime.
(3) As a serious problem, I suspect leak in my petrol tank. When we filled some 3+ liter petrol in the tank; we could see some streak of petrol there and there was a constant smell of petrol from the vehicle.

I tried explaining these problems to service person, but he was quite annoyingly apathetic - was more interested in selling his own stuff for the vehicle including some Engine Oil additive, accessories etc. When I told him about the petrol tank leakage; he was like "sir tank full hua to overflow hota hai..." and all that crap. I told him it is not overflow problem but a leakage somewhere on the upper part of the tank - when there is less than 2 liters of fuel there is no smell....so quite clear that the leakage is in the upper part. He seemed reluctant - and I remembered what someone said here. Thought it might be a good product, same (pathetic) Kinetic people are giving the service. Irritating!!

Annoying I hadn't got my RC/TC book and insurance either. When asked about it, he found RC and gave it to me (they were supposed to call up and inform about the Registration docs - they didn't bother) and insurance policy is still missing. I went to insurance policy office (Tata AIG) which is run by some small franchisee and one lady here was as dumb as you find. They couldn't locate my policy online - now have taken down my cell number and hoping to get the insurance policy in couple of days now.

Can anyone give me toll free number for Kinetic? I am planing to call them and register compliant about the tank leakage - since that would come under guarantee - they should change it and looks like that was the reason Kinetic person was trying to trivialize this. Old habits die hard!!!
Old 14th April 2008, 12:37   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Can anyone give me toll free number for Kinetic? I am planing to call them and register compliant about the tank leakage - since that would come under guarantee - they should change it and looks like that was the reason Kinetic person was trying to trivialize this. Old habits die hard!!!
I'm not aware of the number, but what you should do first is take it to the showroom where u bought it from and show how irritated you are with the problem, that should do the job, they wouldn't like negative publicity.
Old 14th April 2008, 12:42   #580
BHPian

The toll free number just gives weird engage tone and doesn't work. Ditto with this number that they have put up on their site - +91 9860 738883

Guess Kinetic didn't pay their telephone bills either!! :
Old 14th April 2008, 12:44   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I'm not aware of the number, but what you should do first is take it to the showroom where u bought it from and show how irritated you are with the problem, that should do the job, they wouldn't like negative publicity.
I have already done that - I gave it to service center and this is where he showed no interest in understanding the problem - instead was giving stupid explanations without even checking the problem. That's what infuriated me even further...
Old 14th April 2008, 13:35   #582
BHPian

@manish7, PMed you the contact number of kinetic service manager. Contact him, he is a nice guy, he will sort out your problems.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:38   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
@manish7, PMed you the contact number of kinetic service manager. Contact him, he is a nice guy, he will sort out your problems.
Thanks! I got another person's number (Some Mr. Mahajan - but I am getting 'out of coverage area' for his number. Will try this guy now!)
Old 14th April 2008, 13:46   #584
BHPian

98607 38883
I have used this number & it works fine.
got answer saying "kinetic flyte customer care, how can i help you?"

just tried it again and it went through..
try again
Old 14th April 2008, 14:18   #585
BHPian

I have spoken to one area service manager now, let's see what happens!
Closed Thread