Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2008, 15:36   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
seat height is one main factor.
With terrible experience with Kinetic quality, I am still skeptical about it.
Yep, kinetic has serious quality issues. I have enough experience of that to not choose a kine ever again.

If seat height is the criteria rule out the activa, it really weird with that and with handling at just about rolling speed.
Flyte or Access then, you can def choose flyte if you'r looking at getting a scooter for a short term, but RX135 I doubt that.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:43   #617
BHPian

Quote:
At the moment, it is around 3 months. However, the dealer thinks that it will reduce to 1.5 month as they scale up production. Activa has wait for 35-40 days, Dio around 30 days. You can get Flyte in 2 days.

I'll not be making the decision (only try to influence :-) ), since it will be used mainly by wife.
There's a way to come around that, book the bike with some out station dealer like the nearest district dealer. 500 bribe or no bribe would get you the bike in 3 days, thats what I did when getting the activa, a waiting period of 90 days existed during that time, nor were flyte or access available.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:34   #618
BHPian

Dio is available in 3-4 days in Pune (Kothari Wheels, the most tolerable Honda dealer I have seen in my city)!

Honda dealer Pashankar (I can use some bad words here, but I'd restrain) asks for INR 5000 to deliver Activa in 4-5 days, that made me decide against him when I bought my Unicorn 2 weeks ago.

Suzuki sucks man, I hardly see any Access on road, and they still have 90 days waiting period? How many vehicles are they rolling out? some 10-15 in a month or so? I found Kothrud Suzuki annoyingly apathetic.
Old 6th May 2008, 21:02   #619
BHPian

Just took the delivery of Aviator for my friend. Slowly, I started liking this. It really looks cool. The suspension is really nice. Test rode the vehicle three times before accepting for delivery. We booked on Saturday and just now got the delivery. As my friend is staying with us for time being, I will have good time to review it. Will give a detailed review soon. The first photo at JSP honda. Black color with Disc. On road price 49,050 with some accessories less.

The first photo at JSP honda.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-murugsaviator.jpg  

Old 7th May 2008, 16:05   #620
BHPian

@ravi...

Thanks for sharing the pic, even i got my Aviator delivered @ my office on last friday @ Whitefield. However could you please confirm how have you fit the front number plate? Honda guy told me "Sir its not a good idea to drill the body to fit the plate", hence i used a stickering pattern.

Thanks to reply !
Old 7th May 2008, 23:15   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
@ravi...

Thanks for sharing the pic, even i got my Aviator delivered @ my office on last friday @ Whitefield. However could you please confirm how have you fit the front number plate? Honda guy told me "Sir its not a good idea to drill the body to fit the plate", hence i used a stickering pattern.

Thanks to reply !
Do not have any clue. It was there at the delivery time. Will check tomrrow how they fitted.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:55   #622
BHPian

Sary,
Just checked the fornt number plate. They showromm guys have drilled the front dome and fixed it. I do not understand why honda designed the scooter without front number plate provision. As the service guys are drilling the front dome, any thing can happen while they do this.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:29   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Sary,
the service guys are drilling the front dome, any thing can happen while they do this.
Donot worry Ravi, It is the same case with Activa and Dio. Honda has no provision to fix front number plate. Dealers drill the front dome in all their vehicles. I was concerned about this issue right from the begining and adviced the sales guy not to drill it. Anywaz many of Banglore guys riding Avi has a drilled number plate... also check out for initial milege. I got 43.72 KM/PL in first 300 Kms.
Old 10th May 2008, 08:36   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Donot worry Ravi, It is the same case with Activa and Dio. Honda has no provision to fix front number plate. Dealers drill the front dome in all their vehicles. I was concerned about this issue right from the begining and adviced the sales guy not to drill it. Anywaz many of Banglore guys riding Avi has a drilled number plate... also check out for initial milege. I got 43.72 KM/PL in first 300 Kms.
Yesterday I rode Aviator for around 10 km. Oh boy! what a scooter! Smooth engine, lovely handling, excellent breaking, super comfort seat. Here some people are not even considering it citing the weird looks. Bad luck for them.
Old 10th May 2008, 11:38   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Smooth engine, lovely handling, excellent breaking, super comfort seat. Here some people are not even considering it citing the weird looks. Bad luck for them.
Just curious! It has the same engine as Activa, so it can't be any better than Activa. Isn't it? And well! it still looks weird to me Anyway, in our case It is ruled out due to seat height.

About Suzuki Access, the dealer told me that they sale around 50 per month and next month, they will get 80+ and so on. Not exactly a great number! But the scooter is good without doubt in all departments, except its price and waiting period.

Problem with Flyte is, its plastics and overall build quality compared to other two.
Old 10th May 2008, 12:22   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious! It has the same engine as Activa, so it can't be any better than Activa. Isn't it? And well! it still looks weird to me Anyway, in our case It is ruled out due to seat height.

About Suzuki Access, the dealer told me that they sale around 50 per month and next month, they will get 80+ and so on. Not exactly a great number! But the scooter is good without doubt in all departments, except its price and waiting period.

Problem with Flyte is, its plastics and overall build quality compared to other two.
Though the engine is the same, I felt the engine to be more smoother than Activa. Even the acceleration is very good compared to activa (engine is a bit tweaked, confirmed by magazines).

I own a Flyte, rode my friend's Access for three days. I have felt Aviator to be very comfortable out of these three, Access second to aviator.

I know that u ruled out Aviator because of hight and my above comments regarding 'opting out Aviator' are not directed at you.

I think you have seen my post above, mostly u will end up buying 'Flyte'.

Flyte is a very strong contender, and the build quality is very good, if not better than Honda's and Suzuki's. The side plastics you are bothering about are not that bad, you have to frequently remove them to check battery and clean air filter. I do feel they are not that important to be very strong.
Old 10th May 2008, 15:20   #627
BHPian

Default flyte

Quote:
Then I guarantee, you will end up buing Flyte.
i also think flyte will be good for your wife
Old 10th May 2008, 23:55   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious! It has the same engine as Activa, so it can't be any better than Activa. Isn't it?

Dude, my roomie owns Activa for pass two years. Even though the same engine is shared with Aviator, Avi's engine feels butter smooth and there is no gigling vibration unlike Activa. Also one of my cousin here owns Dio, its got initial powerfull torque but has that vibration on handle bars.

I also belive that Avi and Dio share same silencer so you never run out of power all your drive.

Drive Avi and you will experiance what i said!

Haan, dnt forget to notice the people turning head ! (Thats what is happening to me)
Old 19th May 2008, 13:37   #629
BHPian

Default Problems with Flyte again

Some interesting (and exasperating as qwell) events in last few days. On Friday evening I received a call from Mr. Sachin from Kinetic if I had some problems with Flyte as he saw a lady pushing Kinetic Flyte on road. I told him my wife is driving it and I don't know, tried calling up my wife but she was unreachable.

When she came home she mentioned that Flyte suddenly stopped and she had put fuel in it in the morning itself and she had to fill the petrol it again. Since she had some important appointments on Saturday, we couldn't go there on Saturday. In last 3 days, she had to fill in the petrol after 1015 kms. itself; so 10-15 kms. are consuming 3 liters of petrol. So she ended up refueling almost every day, at times twice a day. We tried calling up Mr. Sachin (only his land line number was given) but he was not reachable o Friday evening or Saturday morning.

So finally, My wife went to the service center with our Flyte for repairing today morning and the showroom cum service station welcomed her with this board - "Due to inevitable circumstances, the workload of the workshop has been reduced" - and there was no mention of dates for which this is applicable. My wife tried conveying the problem and getting job card done (extremely rude, apathetic person there) but was of no use - and when I went there to pick her up, I was shocked to see that nobody seemed interested, so I went to the in-charge and had him attend to the problem to which he replied calmly "We'll look into this" and was giving no idea why tank leak would happen just one month after replacing the tank during last service (why should tank even start leaking in just 3-4 months for a new bike???). His only reply was - "We'll look into this"; which was annoying me. Interestingly - there were not many people in the workshop (maybe they are quitting due to Kinetic's pathetic quality). So finally I went ti find this Guy called Mr. Sachin from sales team in the showroom - who turned out to be quite a decent fellow (if you ignore the Gutkha/tobacco he was chewing in the showroom; I kept safe distance from him as I didn't want him to spoil my expensive Benetton T-Shirt while speaking)) for a change. I reminded him about our conversation on the phone and he was nice enough to come to service center and asked the guy about the problem - and this time he spoke properly saying that many Flytes are having this problem, and fuel tanks are faulty and Flyte has supplied with some modified kits now and they would be fitting those modified kits in (all?) the fyltes reporting this problem. Something that he could have informed me earlier. That also confirms that the problem I have is not isolated/unique but is a rather design flaw from Flyte (remember one guy posted it on xBHP.com I guess) I asked him when can I get my Flyte back, he didn't bother giving any estimate but only informed me that he'd call once it is done. We have (helplessly) left our Flyte there and hoping that they would fix this problem this time!! I really get furious with such incompetent guys in service station, but there is nothing we can do!!!

My wife is very frustrated as she had to push Flyte twice from her hospital to petrol pump and once on a road to petrol pump when she had given an appointment to her patient (she is Doc). Worse still she has spent some Rs. 500 on petrol alone as Tank would get empty in no time. Surprisingly there is no petrol smell despite the tank leakage that symptoms are suggesting. She is quite disappointed with Flyte and has sworn not to buy another Kinetic product again! We are both very unhappy with Flyte and would dissuade prospective buyers. It seems Kinetic would mess up Sym's reputation in India; just like Videocon messed up Kenwood & Aiwa in India - who were such respected brands internationally!

The fact that Fuel tank gets changed free of charge doesn't give me any peace of mind. When this has happened twice in such a short duration has just put a BIG doubt in our mind, and given Kinetic's notorious past record we are really concerned about our Flyte. My wife is even more frustrated because she doesn't know when and where she will face problem again. This is where "reliability" & "quality" of product comes in the picture, and I am afraid Kinetic fails yet again on both counts! Now when the product is new and Kientic's reputation is at lowest, they are at least accepting faults and replacing stuff for free. I am sure after some time they would just blame it on low fuel quality and monsoon and adulteration and what not!!!

By the way, Mr. Mahajan whose number I had received from Kinetic last time is perpetually out of coverage are for last 3 days and not reachable on the mobile number given to me. Mr. Sachin just mentioned that he is not here, though he hasn't quit!!!!

I will be reporting this to Jane of Kinetic on the mail ID that Archie gave me some time ago.

I will be also starting another thread fro Flyte problems,

- Manish

p.s. BTW the brake lamp is fused now for the third time in 4 months!! And they are not replacing it for free - only indicator lamps are to be replaced for free!!!
Old 19th May 2008, 19:12   #630
BHPian

manish, very sorry to here about your Flyte experiance.

Just a suggestion, if you are really having not so good times than get rid of it, you will also get good resale now.

Shell out few bucks and buy a Activa / Dio or a Scooty for that matter. These are realiable products and womens do prefer them!
Closed Thread