Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2008, 21:06   #631

My sympathies are with you Manish. But I have always had a feeling that vehicles rolling out of Kinetic are of unconvincing quality, and this is not something that's been a recent phenomenon, its been a bane of that company for years now!
This one reason alone was why I didn't even consider the Flyte ( in spite of all the rave reviews here) when I was looking for a new scooter.
Hope they rectify the faults you have posted here as soon as possible.
Old 19th May 2008, 21:41   #632
BHPian

The evening experience has been even more frustrating. Since we did't receive any call from him, my wife called up around 5 pm and asked him f teh vehicle is ready, he asked us to come at 6 pm ad collect it. we went there around 5 pm and asked if it is ready. The person we had spoken to (Mr. Gani) was not there; and there was another person there who told us that brake lamp has been replaced and we should pay Rs. 20 at the cash counter. I asked him if teh ank has been replaced as it was promised to me in the morning - he mentioned that there is no such mention on the job card. Mr. Sameer Gani (who seems to be the in-chrage) has left for the day and the mechanic who looked into the problem of my Flyte Mr. Shailesh has taken a vehicle out for washing. We spoke to same Mr. Sachin and he inquired told us to wait for Mr. Shailesh to arrive shortly. We paid the money and waited for 40-45 mins. for Mr. Shailesh to arrive. He arrived and went down to service station - when others informed him that we have been waiting for him to show up, he simply continued wiping to another black Flyte that brought (no he wasn't deaf!) . I went down and asked him what has he done to fix the problem, but he continued walking some other place and that's when my wife lost her cool and sternly old him that we have been waiting for him for 45 mins, no one else knows what exactly was done, and though fuel tank was supposed to replaced, there was no mention of the same in the job card; and now when we are talking to you you don't even bother to reply back? That probably shaken him a bit, and he finally came upstairs and told us that there was some problem with fuel gauge and the bolts where it i fitted and that was causing leak in the fuel tank. He has tightened the bolts and there shouldn't be any leakage now.He said that fuel tank wasn't changed, another fat guy standing there told me, (who 45 mins ago claimed that he didn't know anything about my Fyte that Shailesh fixed), "You tank is changed last time, why do you want to change again?" I had really lost it by then - "I have no intentions of changing it at all, I would b happy if the one that came with the vehicle itself didn't have the problems, but if the tank s faulty again - it must be replaced." The just told me that there s no need to change the tank, if there is problem again, I should get it back to him and then he'd consider changing the tank (as if I have no other work but to visit that service station every alternate day). Meanwhile my wife called up Mr. Mahajan nd he spoke to the sand-in in-charge there and he was like - Sir, we told him that we fixed the problem, but he insists on talking to you. I was really frustrated (I still am) and told hi that for 45 mins. nobody informed me what the problem was and since this problem occurred twice in 1 month, I am obviously concerned about the way problem has been (and was) solved. He was rather cold and just told me not to worry. I then called up Mr. Gani from my mobile and asked him what should I do - and he wa at least a bit more responsive than others, he told me that tank was checked and they believe that tightening of those fuel gauge bolts should fix the problem and if the problem persists, I should get back to them again and he would do the needful. he also told me that modified kit/tank was fitted last time itself in my flyte and I do not have the one with design flaw (the default Flyte tank) faulty one that comes with Flyte - I still don't be believe him with the kind of casual attitude they have in that company owned service center (why can't hey put on paper or inform the supervisor there how the problem was fixed? I need to know what is happening to my Bike). But at 7 pm, I have no other option but to take back my Flyte as my wife needs it to commute.

I still don't know if the problem is solved or not - I am more than disappointed with Kinetic service. I am going to watch this for another 2-3 days and if problem persists I will take it again there on Saturday. But this time I'd really going to show all my temper and get all Kinetic biggies involved here - if needed, I am planning to go to consumer court for teaching lesson to those incompetent creatures at Kinetic showroom. There apathy is infuriating. They are worse than government servants!!!

Any idea how can I escalate this matter to Kinetic top bosses?? I have already mailed this problem to Jane. But I am not ready to leave it here...they must be taught a lesson!!!
Old 19th May 2008, 23:17   #633
BHPian

Manish,
It is really scary to read. It is really sad that what u have been through. I think it is waste to speak to those pathetic ***holes at Kinetic Service station. Just escalate the matter to the higher officials. I am confident that you will get a prompt reply to the mail you have sent to Jane. Hope everything will fall in place soon.
Old 19th May 2008, 23:50   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
manish, very sorry to here about your Flyte experiance.

Just a suggestion, if you are really having not so good times than get rid of it, you will also get good resale now.

Shell out few bucks and buy a Activa / Dio or a Scooty for that matter. These are realiable products and womens do prefer them!
I am not sure if resale would be good if we decide to sell it off now...we are planning to sell it off sometime next year! But yeah, if problems persist; I am going to dump this son. Any idea how much can I expect for this? Is 37-28 possible? Market reputation of Kinetic is pretty bad - and I wouldn't sell this to a friend, it might just spoil the relationship.

- Manish
Old 20th May 2008, 01:22   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I am not sure if resale would be good if we decide to sell it off now...we are planning to sell it off sometime next year! But yeah, if problems persist; I am going to dump this son. Any idea how much can I expect for this? Is 37-28 possible? Market reputation of Kinetic is pretty bad - and I wouldn't sell this to a friend, it might just spoil the relationship.

- Manish
Thats right, you'd would probably face a service problem, as in time & attention wise but quality wouldn't be an issue with Honda or Suzuki.

If you want/planning to sell it and get another one, you'd get the best price now plus its better to sell it while its sell-able, if problems associated with it get popular, you wouldn't find any takers & you'd also be getting rid of a headache.
Drop an ad in the news paper, market it the same way the kine guys marketed it to you & get rid of it.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:30   #636
BHPian

I was keen to purchase Flyte for my daughter but after the test ride she seemed to be more comfortable with the TVS Pep+. Finally purchased Pep+ yesterday. It cost me Rs. 38000 (on road price with minimal accessories like seat cover/grip cover). Installed all round steel guard for rs. 1250 extra.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:05   #637
BHPian

Sorry to hear your experience Manish. I have personally gone through this on multiple occasions so I can understand how frustrated you must be.

But at least you don't have parts availability problem yet. I don't get any parts for my GF170 in addition to all the problems that you are going through.

Quote:
Any idea how can I escalate this matter to Kinetic top bosses?? I have already mailed this problem to Jane. But I am not ready to leave it here...they must be taught a lesson!!!
No use of any escalation Manish. It the attitude of top bosses which has led kinetic to this level.

Act wise and get rid of the bike asap when its still in market.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:39   #638
BHPian

Hmm....I guess people will know about their quality sooner or later. No matter how many commissioned users they send on such forums, no matter how many commissioned reviews they publish on other sites - ultimately test of time is the real test that these poor quality products cannot pass. The word of moth does spread...I wrote it all in details just to narrate my experience so people can learn from it.

I think one needs to go beyond test rides & magazine reports; and should wait for at least a year for a product to prove itself. We learnt this lesson a hard way....and the alternatives were not acceptable to my wife at that time. Honda dealers' attitude & Access's extra, extra long waiting period didn't help either. Anyway!
Old 20th May 2008, 15:09   #639
BHPian

Quote:

- Manish
Manish as gendarmee rightly said, try free ads or throw up a classified. Avoid selling it to a Friend or any related person even local mechnics can fix a deal for you. Get the vehicle back to a condition that it performs without any problem during the test ride by the party. Also be very carefull while giving "reason to sell", may be going out of station for a long duration will do. Try to advertise the bike as much as possible as kinetic did for you.

You can fetch atleast 35K as per my knowledge.

With Access, the waiting is way too long.

I am satisfied (not tooo happy though) with Honda attitude & approach. Got my Aviator delivered 3 weeks back from City Honda, Bangalore.

As i mentioned if you have decided on new buy than Dio / Activa would be a better deal any day !

Keep us posted !
Old 20th May 2008, 16:50   #640
Senior - BHPian

Based on my past experience, I have always been skeptical about Kinetic quality.

I wouldn't have normally gone by just 1 user reporting quality problems with quality, but with 'K' tag going along the vehicle, I probably should drop the idea of going for a Flyte any way. That's sad, since it appeared to well sorted vehicle (yes, apart from that side plastic and 'K' tag on it).

That leaves me with Activa and Access, both with long waiting periods I am more inclined towards Access at the moment. Let's see how it goes.
Old 20th May 2008, 18:19   #641
BHPian

There is another user on xbhp.com who has reported the petrol tank problem.
xBhp - View Single Post - 125cc Kinetic SYM FLYTE is cool!

From what Mr. Gani from Serive Center told me, it looks like the fuel tank problem is more of a design flaw and Kinetic has modified the tank kit in newer Flyte. They are replacing the tank kits (whatever that means) for older flytes facing the problems.

I also bought Flyte because it really looked like a sorted out vehicle. My wife is out of city - we'd know if the problem is fixed by Saturday or so. Apparently, the leakage was from upper part of the tank near foot board - so lesser quantity of fuel won't reveal the problem. I suggest that Flyte owners do fill tank-full petrol and check if the problem is there.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:06   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
That leaves me with Activa and Access, both with long waiting periods I am more inclined towards Access at the moment. Let's see how it goes.
Access ! yes the waiting is too long, Activa is readily available now, atleast in Blore. Activa is a proven product so i would lean towards Honda. Also try out for Honda Aviator, if the bike will be used by you. For females i belive Activa, Dio or Scooty is any day a better option.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:09   #643
BHPian

Quote:
From what Mr. Gani from Serive Center told me, it looks like the fuel tank problem is more of a design flaw and Kinetic has modified the tank kit in newer Flyte. They are replacing the tank kits (whatever that means) for older flytes facing the problems.

Keeping fingers crossed, I hope 'K' recall the Flyt's and replace the Tank kit.

All the best Manish and dont leave hope. Keep pushing them !
Old 21st May 2008, 13:07   #644
BHPian

@Manish: I'm sorry to hear this. I'm also a flyte owner and now completely worried about the failures that i had to encounter. Hopfully things should get settled !

I had indicator bulb getting fused once and i guess it is an inherent problem.
Old 21st May 2008, 22:27   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Well, thats good if they replace it with a better functioning fuel tank, but when stuff like this comes to light, it re-affirms the quality issue associated with kinetic, how they can take a good product and turn it into flimsy quality.
It also makes one wonder what next surprise would the bike hurl at the user...
Closed Thread