Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2009, 10:39   #736
BHPian

Thanks Sathya for the information.

I booked Aviator Rebel Red on friday evening and got delevery on Monday Evening 9th March. Aviator will be majorly used by my wife and she is not confident with Disk Brakes. So Disc version is out and drum is in. Full tanked the vehicle just after delevery and Driven it around 80km, refueled it. Average came around 47 approx. That good for a bike just came out of showroom.

I will post the Ownership review and pics in few days.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:23   #737
BHPian

[quote=mail4loys;1208907]how many regular service have you gone to?

All four free services and not any other, changed oil twice that's it.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:58   #738
BHPian

Default Aviator Avg Check: 45.45 KMPL

Driven around 150Km till now. Filled petrol yesterday again Avarage is around 45.45KM That too in running in period. Aviator is hardly driven faster, speed ranges from 25KM/HR to 35KM/HR.
Fuel is shell super petrol.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:32   #739
BHPian

Guys, can you tell me what is the current market price for a (pre-owned) 2006 model, single-owner owned, TVS-Scooty Pep in Bangalore? I have been quoted Rs.20K. Is it good price?

Where to find out the benchmark prices for second-hand vehicles? Thanks.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:03   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Guys, can you tell me what is the current market price for a (pre-owned) 2006 model, single-owner owned, TVS-Scooty Pep in Bangalore? I have been quoted Rs.20K. Is it good price?
Can you please confirm whether it is TVS-Scooty Pep or Pep +? New TVS-Scooty Pep + cost on road Rs.34K. The quote looks to be on the high end! How many months is the Insurance Valid? What is the Odo readin?

Quote:
Where to find out the benchmark prices for second-hand vehicles? Thanks.
You can find it in T-Bhp. Post it here and you would get a response!
Old 17th April 2009, 15:21   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Can you please confirm whether it is TVS-Scooty Pep or Pep +? New TVS-Scooty Pep + cost on road Rs.34K. The quote looks to be on the high end! How many months is the Insurance Valid? What is the Odo readin?

You can find it in T-Bhp. Post it here and you would get a response!
Thanks mail4loys. Its Pep+. It has run 16K. Insurance is due for Sept. I also enquired with some used bike dealers. They say that 2006 scooty would cost 24K nego. I am not sure now.

PS: The new scooty would cost about 40K in Bangalore with all Tax and paper work.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:07   #742

Default Need help on Nova 135 extreme vibration

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the interruption, I need help on diagnosing the root cause for extreme vibration of my Kinetic Nova 135.
Mods - I am not sure if there is separate thread available for Technical help for Gearless scooters, if so please move this to the relevant thread.

The problem I am facing is extreme vibration of the complete rear end of my Nova at speeds 40-60 kmph. At lower speeds (<40 kmph) the vibrations are still there but cannot be felt much. To explain the vibration; it is like a when a gear wheel and chain are really tight and not aligned to eachother, a sound alternating Grrrrr............Grrrrr.............Grrrr........ . (something like catch and release sound) is produced. The scooter literally shudders. This has been there for nearly last 2+ years. When I asked the Kinetic Authorised guys, they gave me a dumb answer that all Nova 135's have this problem because of higher capacity engine!!! It is really irritating and sometimes scary to ride above 50 kmph.
Has anyone experienced this problem? Please help.

Also please suggest a good Kinetic Mechanic in Chennai?

Thanks,
Suresh.
Old 21st April 2009, 13:49   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mail4loys. Its Pep+. It has run 16K. Insurance is due for Sept. I also enquired with some used bike dealers. They say that 2006 scooty would cost 24K nego. I am not sure now.

PS: The new scooty would cost about 40K in Bangalore with all Tax and paper work.
Last month when i took my sisters scooty for selling the delear quoted me 14K. The model was Scooty pep and 2006 bought. So try if you can push the rate furthur! and 18-20K would be a good buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueJuice View Post
Hi Guys,

Also please suggest a good Kinetic Mechanic in Chennai?

Thanks,
Suresh.
I had a similar problem and it got resolved after cluch plate change! I used to give my Kinetic Flyte to D.V Motors at Kilpauk. Though they were not good, but can approach once and find how they service your vehicle.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:27   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueJuice View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the interruption, I need help on diagnosing the root cause for extreme vibration of my Kinetic Nova 135.

The problem I am facing is extreme vibration of the complete rear end of my Nova at speeds 40-60 kmph. At lower speeds (<40 kmph) the vibrations are still there but cannot be felt much. To explain the vibration; it is like a when a gear wheel and chain are really tight and not aligned to eachother, a sound alternating Grrrrr............Grrrrr.............Grrrr........ . (something like catch and release sound) is produced. The scooter literally shudders. This has been there for nearly last 2+ years. When I asked the Kinetic Authorised guys, they gave me a dumb answer that all Nova 135's have this problem because of higher capacity engine!!! It is really irritating and sometimes scary to ride above 50 kmph.
1.How many kms has the Nova covered?
2.Have you changed your gear oil at regular intervals?
3.Does the scooter shudder when you move from standstill position?

If answer to #3 is yes, get your clutch serviced.If that does not solve the problem,I'm afraid there could be some problem with the gears.

Take it to any reliable private Mechanic who has been trained in Honda/Kinetic.They should do the job well.

My Nova135 has completed 12000 kms and rides like a dream.

There used to be this dealer called Rajkamal Motors near Gemini;wonder if they are still in biz.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:31   #745
Senior - BHPian

I have decided to go for the HH Pleasure as a general purpose "Sabji-Mandi" scooter. Plan to go and get it on Monday for a nearby dealer.
Its not going to be ridden much , safe to assume that it would be less than a kilometer on most days. Mom and dad would be the primary riders. Seems like a good VFM scooter at 41,170 OTR Pune. Any negative points you guys can think of about that ?
Old 27th April 2009, 10:36   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I have decided to go for the HH Pleasure as a general purpose "Sabji-Mandi" scooter. Plan to go and get it on Monday for a nearby dealer.
Its not going to be ridden much , safe to assume that it would be less than a kilometer on most days. Mom and dad would be the primary riders. Seems like a good VFM scooter at 41,170 OTR Pune. Any negative points you guys can think of about that ?
@Sajo: I have also purchase Aviator for the same purpose, it gives me a good average of around 42. Also check the new activa. Honda dealership in hadapasar has done average test for new activa and they get around 55KMPL. Activa is just 3-4K above pleasure and very good resale value.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:05   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
@Sajo: I have also purchase Aviator for the same purpose, it gives me a good average of around 42. Also check the new activa. Honda dealership in hadapasar has done average test for new activa and they get around 55KMPL. Activa is just 3-4K above pleasure and very good resale value.
The Hondas are nice, but I didnt like the dealer's attitude one bit. Besides, I wanted the delivery on the same day, which the Honda dealer thought is akin to asking him to commit a murder.
Anyway, I did get an Ebony Grey HH Pleasure yesterday. Has done 300 meters till now. lol.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:59   #748
BHPian

Quote:
The Hondas are nice, but I didnt like the dealer's attitude one bit. Besides, I wanted the delivery on the same day, which the Honda dealer thought is akin to asking him to commit a murder.
Quite correct about the attitude of Honda Dealers. Same thing happened with me a B.U Bhandari opp poona club. These guys didnt cleaned the bike at the time of delevery also. They just putted water and dust is inside dickey and on handle. I complained to honda on this regard. Well the new Yash honda dealer in hadapsar is quite good in attitude and customer relationship. The only reason i didnt buy it from him is non availability of Rebel Red Avaitor. Well i got delevery on very next working day. Registration is done after some time.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:00   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Besides, I wanted the delivery on the same day, which the Honda dealer thought is akin to asking him to commit a murder.
I totally agree with you. Is the case better with HH??
Old 28th April 2009, 15:52   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, that is only with Pashankar Honda. I was under exactly same impression, till I checked with 2 other dealers. Both were ready to give delivery of Activa within a week's time. I finally bought it from B.U. Bhandari. IIRC, Pashankar Honda always has 35-40 days waiting period for Activa, since last 4-5 years. They were ready to give Aviator within 3-4 days though.
Closed Thread