Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 14th June 2009, 04:58   #766
Senior - BHPian

Games, i had suggest you check out suzuki access 125, kinetic flyte before putting your money for activa. i did the same thing and ended up with access 125, and its been great 7 months with access till now.

its quite powerful, comfortable, looks good, returns good fuel economy (40-45kmpl) and have good suspension to take of crater sized potholes on our roads. also the build quality is better than flyte and at par with activa.

if you change mind to get a motorbike, you have plenty of option for the same price range as an activa/access, so you may wanna consider that.

happy hunting
Old 14th June 2009, 07:47   #767
BHPian

We have an active at home - and its pretty good. However, got a suzuki access for a short ride. Was surprised by the initial pickup it has. It was miles ahead of Activa in the pickup (I am talking about a 1.5 year old activa - not the new model).
So, do checkout the suzuki ....
Old 14th June 2009, 07:52   #768
Senior - BHPian

Go for Deo.
It looks the best among sccoties right now
and its power would put most bikes to shame.(Victor, splendor etc..)
Old 14th June 2009, 08:07   #769
BHPian

Hello Friends! Thank You all for your quick replies! The reason I am hesitant to go in for a bike is that I am 19 years old and I am a novice at riding bikes, but I am quite comfotable with a scooter

My college is just 2KM from my home and hence I thought a scooter would be fine for the job. Since you guys are recommending Dio, Access 125 I will surely consider these options

-- what about the new Activa and the Bajaj Blade? Originally I was all set to go in for the new activa, but when I saw pictures of the blade on the internet, my heart is set on that scoot! Can you guys please tell me when it is going to be launched?

I can wait for 2 - 3 months before buying -- so will the blade be launched by then? Also what is the FE of the NEW Activa, Suzuki Access 125 and Honda Dio? Does dio and access come with disc brake?
Old 14th June 2009, 11:16   #770
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I have the old Activa. It's a very convenient vehicle. That's why I still have it. After servicing the engine is very smooth and fun to ride. However after a week it becomes rough and the milege drops. There is no remedy for this and you have to live with it. Ask any Activa owner. The Dio is slightly better but then it has the same engine. For a 2Km ride, the best bet would be an electric bike.
Old 14th June 2009, 11:21   #771
Senior - BHPian

Dio does not come with disc brakes. Nor does the Activa. Atleast the older one
Old 17th June 2009, 00:50   #772
Senior - BHPian

hey games goblin

this link may help you decide better

Honda Activa vs Kinetic Sym Flyte vs Suzuki Access - Three s company

this is comparison test of flyte, access and activa

funny comparison though as because of human error access looses to flyte and they don't even bother doing the runs again. just to say flyte initially is winner and then to make it even, say that with access they lost 3 seconds which makes it 1 second faster.

though i would agree with them, that the price we pay for activa is too much, instead get access with more power and stability and pillon comfort(for your gf) that would be help in college

grow up bsmotoring is all i would say.

nevertheless, something for you to chew upon.

Suzuki Access vs Honda Aviator - Scoots The City

something more to chew upon. this time its access vs aviator, no price for guessing who wins the competition.

Last edited by chevelle : 17th June 2009 at 00:53. Reason: another shootout added
Old 21st June 2009, 23:49   #773

Default Modding my dio

I m trying to mod my honda dio..thinking of installing the FZ-16 muffler to my dio..is there any suggestions?
Old 24th June 2009, 12:01   #774

Default Thanks for helping me choose Honda Aviator...

Hey folks,

This is a wonderful forum. After reading hajar messages/opinions and what not, I will now be a (hopefully) proud owner of Honda Aviator. I booked it last saturday @ SILICON HONDA, Bangalore and today is the delivery day.

We did go to SAPHIRE HONDA in JP Nagar as it is close by to my home, but I found their service pretty poor. There was nobody who was enthusiastic to help us understand the differences betw'n Activa vs Dio vs Aviator. Since I was well informed, thanks to Team-BHP, my questions were pretty pointed and the service agent showed total apathy and disinterest.

It also made me think how much the 'service factor' or the perception of service plays an important role in one's decision. I drove all the way to SILICON HONDA, talked to their service rep who seemed quite amiable, helped us test drive, showed us the different models and after a quick negotiation ( Yes, I was surprised too.... I managed to get a Rs.630 knocked off from the final amount )....

Well...now, hope to make my wifey dear all happy with this purchase...

Also, I wanted to know from the forum members/experienced folks as to what type of helmet i should be buying. Also, is it necessary to have helmets for the pillion rider also? Which is the best place in Bangalore to purchase a helmet? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Vasu
Old 25th June 2009, 12:34   #775
BHPian

Vasu, congratulations. Do you need helmet for the pillion? It depends. Me and my wife, both of us used to wear helmet whenever we went for longer trips. Otherwise within the city for short trips it was me alone. But some research suggest that it is the pillon who will be affected much in case of a fall because they are the ones who are not ready for the accidents. So safety is the priority, then both of you should wear one.
The lalbagh road (that comes from corporation and goes to jayanagar has many small shops closer to MTR. They do after sale service too.
Old 18th July 2009, 14:21   #776
Senior - BHPian

Friends i have a query ..
My cousin called me yesterday (17 years with no driving license) that can he drive a ACTIVA without a driving license. Logic given by him was that as its gearless he wont need DL. I thought its better to ask you guys about it, where else can i ask. Help me guys
Old 19th July 2009, 22:21   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
My cousin called me yesterday (17 years with no driving license) that can he drive a ACTIVA without a driving license. Logic given by him was that as its gearless he wont need DL. I thought its better to ask you guys about it, where else can i ask. Help me guys
He cannot ride an Activa at 17 years because the law permits only 50 cc or below for those who are under 18 years !
Old 20th July 2009, 01:12   #778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I've driven the new Honda Activa of my friend and was impressed by it. he claimed that it returned 45-50 kmpl. Is this true? And what is the dynamic braking feature available on the Deluxe model? Can anyone please explain what it is?
I think its the linked braking system whereby pulling one lever (LHS) will activate both the front and rear brakes simultaenously (with a fixed bias)...just like in a car. This is useful for people who are used to using the rear brake only.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:44   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
As told by mithun, he cannot drive activa but he can also drive the battery operated bikes. I have seen tuition going kids driving the battery operated bikes merrily.
Old 22nd July 2009, 00:10   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
He cannot ride an Activa at 17 years because the law permits only 50 cc or below for those who are under 18 years !
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
As told by mithun, he cannot drive activa but he can also drive the battery operated bikes. I have seen tuition going kids driving the battery operated bikes merrily.
Thanks to both of you, told the same to my cousing and he said electric bikes are slow. These kids, wanna do everything fast.

I also own a Activa 2006 model, 3500 kms done and is running fine, its sparingly used hence the low mileage.
Closed Thread