Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 17th November 2009, 09:49   #856
BHPian

Guys, a few questions for those who own electric bikes.
i. How is the performance compared to its petrol counterparts?
ii. What would be the service intervals?
iii. How good is the service backup from BSA?
iii. Any problems related to batteries?
Old 17th November 2009, 10:28   #857
BHPian

besides the BSA, you can consider Hero products. They seem to have a strong network now.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:31   #858
BHPian

@MutantX ,
Really surprised why you are not considering the New Scooty Streak.
Its really great scooter.
1>Good power don't go by the bhp figures ,ride it and it has decent pickup.
2> really easy to put on stand.
3>Good leg room to relax your legs.
4>Now comes with broader tires.
6> Telescopic front shocks and broader tires.
7> Wider seat.
ALSO BETTER headlight beam.

Over all i think its really good for city use,with better millage than competition .
Old 17th November 2009, 15:01   #859
Team-BHP Support

The best ones are Honda Activa/ Aviator and Suzuki Access. Expect long waiting for the Activa. My personal choice would be a White/Red Activa.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:23   #860
BHPian

actually aviator is on my mind. Primarly because I can ask my dad to use it if in case we leave abroad for a few months/years. HH pleasure might be a little girly for my dad to ride.

Let me ask my wife to test drive HH pleasure & aviator (or activa). I shall provide you guys the feedback once it is done.

Thanks
Old 17th November 2009, 18:52   #861
BHPian

Do the new aviator comes with dual braking system and 110cc as one of my friend told me but i have not checked it personaly,

Does a 10cc improvement makes lot of difference what is the technical need to add 10cc why is this like it can any one explain?
Old 28th November 2009, 22:44   #862

Default Pep + or Streak

Help me select the scooty model pep + or streak?. Streak in the latest model and has some nice little features like wide tyres, direct fuel filling ( no need to lift the seat), lockable glove box and bigger storage.

This is for my wife and the usage would be around 100KM per month.
Pep + being little shorter, my wife liked this. So we gave some advance today to get it on Monday. Have informed the dealer that I will confirm the model by Monday morning as I was not sure if this was right choice.

As pep + is not the latest model would it be ok to go with this?.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:59   #863
BHPian

Anyday go for Streak.

1>Wider Tyres.
2> Slightly more powerful engine.
3> It has better handling ,better headlight.
4>Even has better looks.
5>And its not as big also ,
6>Also it has aluminium Front Shock absorbers.

one of my friend brought last week due to the Honda waiting period and he is just loving this vehicle.
Old 29th November 2009, 09:22   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegg View Post
Help me select the scooty model pep + or streak?. Streak in the latest model and has some nice little features like wide tyres, direct fuel filling ( no need to lift the seat), lockable glove box and bigger storage.

This is for my wife and the usage would be around 100KM per month.
Pep + being little shorter, my wife liked this. So we gave some advance today to get it on Monday. Have informed the dealer that I will confirm the model by Monday morning as I was not sure if this was right choice.

As pep + is not the latest model would it be ok to go with this?.
If your wife finds this to her liking, by all means, go ahead with your purchase ! My SIL has had one now for the past two years and has had no problems with it whatsoever. Although it may not be the latest model, it too has a load of features and is a very compatible especially for lady riders.
Old 29th November 2009, 20:35   #865

@parimal_g, only thing against streak was the hieght, as she is learning to ride now, would it be OK to learn with taller scooters.
@kannan666, was wondering if this model will get outdated soon? and will we find difficulty in finding spares etc?.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:52   #866
BHPian

Quote:
@parimal_g, only thing against streak was the hieght, as she is learning to ride now, would it be OK to learn with taller scooters.
@kannan666, was wondering if this model will get outdated soon? and will we find difficulty in finding spares etc?.
Scooty Pep+ still has a lot going for it and I am sure that is has already sold in sufficient numbers to ensure that finding spares for it will not be a likely problem at least in the near future. However, like Parimal says, the Streak is the latest model with benefits that he has already mentioned but it does come at an additional price, choice is purely yours.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:28   #867

Default thanks fo the advice

Finally after oscillating between pep+ and streak finally settled with pep +. Learned that the pep is not going to be stopped. And price was not the deciding factor. As you all suggested, selected this because of my wife's feeling that pep + is easier to handle.

Thanks for all the suggestion. I should be getting this tomorrow, dec 02.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:20   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after oscillating between pep+ and streak finally settled with pep +. Learned that the pep is not going to be stopped. And price was not the deciding factor. As you all suggested, selected this because of my wife's feeling that pep + is easier to handle.

Thanks for all the suggestion. I should be getting this tomorrow, dec 02.
Congrats Hegde, pep+ is a good choice especially for ladies and it is a very capable scooter, do share your experiences with the scooty here !
Old 1st December 2009, 20:59   #869

congrats on pep+ and dont worry about the parts. The engine on both the vehicles is almost same the external styling and the features you described are the only thing that differentiate it from pep+
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:26   #870

Default did not get my scooty today

I did could not get my scooty today , called the dealer in the morning, evening and two more time before leaving and also informed them that i may be little later. My drive from CV Raman nagar via old madras road and ulsoor lake took little more time than expected as the work is in progress there.

By the time i reached it was 7:30, my dealer had already closed, the service division was open and the person over there was very very rude.

So used to Maruti guys, who treat their customers so well, had called the dealer and informed and also kept him updated about the traffic, expected least courtesy to call me before leaving. Am i expecting too much?.
Closed Thread