Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 28th January 2010, 12:35   #931

Thumbs down Mahindra Rodeo - Buying experience Sucks

After going through the froum and armed with the inputs,I ventured out to buy the Rodeo for my wife. We visited the dealer...
TRANS TEMPO PVT LIMITED,NO 11, TALUKA OFFICE ROAD, LITTLE MOUNT
SAIDAPET,CHENNAI,600015...

Met a guy who calls himself,Jayaraman.
He wanted to make sure that we had walked into the showroom
0if we could call that ..It was a Auto rickshaw showroom) with money in the purse to buy the scooter!

He was continously making us aware that we were luck to have had to buy the scooters from him....!

We just did the prudent thing.. we walked out and dealt with the other dealer Easwari motors in Adyar Chennai..!

Please friends be ware of this guy and this dealer..Dont even venture to touch this guy with a barge pole.

Mahindra needs to take note. These guys could undermine the excellent product that the company makes and shoo away the customer footfalls for the same.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:01   #932
BHPian

Any one here owns a Luna. I have been looking for 1 for a while now.

Any1 know one which is being sold.

Cheers
Old 28th January 2010, 19:36   #933
BHPian

Hi guys,

Thanks for your patience. Test drove the Mahindra Rodeo lat weekend. Not sure why but I don't feel confident investing 48k on the bike thats just my point of view.

Had also been to Dhruvedesh Honda(Mekhri Circle) they told me that they have a Honda Aviator readily available (blue) but I did not like the color. I will book an Activa (white) looks amazing with dual braking system. Will let you guys know what happens.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:14   #934
Senior - BHPian

Today visited some dealers as i am planning to buy one.Honda has 120 days waiting for Activa/Dio(cheapest of the lot even dlx model at 46K something), Suzuki has 60days waiting for Access (costliest of all on road here its 50K+) and even mahindra Scooters Flyte/Rodeo are having a 2 weeks waiting.I think will go for Flyte as its the one with least waiting period.Only fear is about service quality from the dealers.I too kinda liked Rodeo, but couldnt really understand point in spending 2k's extra for blah blah( without any great quality).

Last edited by agspins : 29th January 2010 at 16:19.
Old 29th January 2010, 22:36   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I think will go for Flyte as its the one with least waiting period.Only fear is about service quality from the dealers.
Flyte is a good choice. the only downside is the Service and the availability of spares. If you have a good service center near by it would be good.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:44   #936
Senior - BHPian

Actually there are two dealers here in Nagpur, Both of them are having there own cons.The one i am opting for says that due to poor demand for Flyte they are concentrating on Rodeo/Duro, while other has both available with 1-2 weeks time for delivery.Since there are two dealers around and some pvt garage and no option left on Honda/Suzuki front, i have finally decided to for Rodeo.AFA service goes will have to take chances with that i think...
Old 1st February 2010, 17:53   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Flyte is a good choice. the only downside is the Service and the availability of spares. If you have a good service center near by it would be good.
+
Flyte is good ( I own one -2008 make) except FE (presently getting around 25/27kmpl) which never averaged more than 30/32 kmpl (made several complaints to the service people but nothing much they could do so far) and poor ground clearance i.e bad when on double, even small speed breaker will scratch the bottom easily.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:38   #938
Senior - BHPian

I too heard and read about GC problems(underbody scraping at bumps) and low mileage( i hate frequent petrol pump visits, low mileage as well as small tank i.e 4.5 litres make things worse for me).Even had word with some owners regarding the same,now this makes me think again as i had almost finalized to for Rodeo.If these problems are there, everything is nullified. I think will have to wait for something better or rework the ways of getting a activa/access dodging the waiting period.

Last edited by agspins : 2nd February 2010 at 00:40.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:38   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too heard and read about GC problems(underbody scraping at bumps) and low mileage( i hate frequent petrol pump visits, low mileage as well as small tank i.e 4.5 litres make things worse for me).Even had word with some owners regarding the same,now this makes me think again as i had almost finalized to for Rodeo.If these problems are there, everything is nullified. I think will have to wait for something better or rework the ways of getting a activa/access dodging the waiting period.
If you don't like frequent fuel pump visits, then please stay away from the flyte. The GC issues can be handled by moving slowly over the bumps but the fuel tank capacity with a low mileage will keep you visiting fuel pumps. This is the main issue i am facing with our flyte as well!
Old 4th February 2010, 09:26   #940
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I'm searching for Gear-less Scooter for me & my wife. I'll be traveling around 30km a day in Bangalore city. I currently own a Bajaj Pulsar 180, which I want sell/exchange and go for Gear-less Scooter. Any suggestions would be a great help.

What can be the decent selling price for Pulsar 180(2002 model)?

Thank you.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:27   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm searching for Gear-less Scooter for me & my wife.
Activa
Access
Rodeo

In that order!

Quote:
What can be the decent selling price for Pulsar 180(2002 model)?

Thank you.
10,000 max.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:35   #942
BHPian

Thanks amtak, what about Dio?
Old 4th February 2010, 14:35   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Flyte is primarily meant for Women. So along with Low GC, the Suspension set up is soft. But the Suspension set up of Rodeo is different as it is meant for unisex.

If the GC is increased, then the Seat height goes up.
Average Indian Women are below 5.3". So, they'll be very comfortable with Flyte, and may reject Activa and Access outright just because of the Seat height.

Folks, I've read about TVS, wego. I'm not sure whether it is launched or not. But with 12 inch wheels on both the ends, it looks good with other features.
Old 4th February 2010, 14:56   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
Thanks amtak, what about Dio?
Dio is nice. The only reason I didn't mention is as there's hardly any update that has happened to that machine over the past few years and is kind of outdated (to me).

Also, I didn't recommend the Avaitor as I don't know what the budget is.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:00   #945
BHPian

Thanks amtak, 45k OTR is my max budget. Unfortunately, the Avaitor is above my budget. :(
Closed Thread