Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 14:39   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for your inputs Abhi.

OT: why can't honda provide Side stand as a standard fitment? and lady side step as well? How much difference it makes to the product as a whole!
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:56   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Finally took the delivery of Flint grey coloured Access 125 yesterday evening.Will post pics later when i click' em.After riding it for few kms, felt that there are slight vibrations in rear brake handle when applied at or above 40 kmph.Is it common in these vehicles ?.
Congrats agspins! Nice choice of color.

Get the vibration issue checked in the first service. It should not be much and should go away as you clock more kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Folks, I purchased a grey Hero Honda Pleasure last year in April, as a general purpose runabout for everyone at home.
It is used very rarely and if at all, for very short distances. The first servicing for the same was done on time, as per the schedule.
However, due to things like me leaving the country for some months in between, everyone sort of *forgot* to service it. I mean, it was used, occasionally, but my folks sort of forgot about it in general :P .
I took the scooter out for a ride yesterday and though did not find any major problems, I will have the scooter serviced as soon as possible. Only major irritant I found were the rats in the wheels/suspension, it squeaks away to glory!!

Is there anything specific I should ask for to be done while servicing ? The vehicle has done ~850kms till date.
Since the vehicle is not used much, it would be better to ask them to change the engine oil and also perform battery maintenance. Apart from this the brakes etc should be taken care of in the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
folks...decided to book sccoty pep plus..on road prices totals to Rs.37900 with free accessory "front crash guard", nothing else

Does this price looks ok, or should i demand further discounts. I did try, but they dont budge from their prices.
Congrats s3va. The price looks about ok. Which showroom did u get the quote from?

Best is to call up the TVS showrooms in different parts of the city if you are buying it in bangalore. Get the quotes. Compare who is offering the best price. Try and bargain for that with the nearest dealer. If he accepts good for you, else you will have to bear with the inconvenience of going to a far off dealer just for the delivery.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:18   #1008
BHPian

I used to ride a Suzuki Samurai, and off late(around 2 years) completely stopped using bike owing to back pain issues.
I am looking at a gear-less scooter for my daily commute to office(tired of driving car in peak time traffic)
Any suggestions which I should be test driving are welcome.
I am considering Activa, Suzuki Access.
Any idea about Kinetic/Hero/Mahindra 2 wheelers. Apologies for not reading the thread fully. I did read to some extent but not fully.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:26   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I used to ride a Suzuki Samurai, and off late(around 2 years) completely stopped using bike owing to back pain issues.
I am looking at a gear-less scooter for my daily commute to office(tired of driving car in peak time traffic)
Out of the 2 you have selected, Access has telescopic front suspension which will be comfortable over bad roads. Activa does not have it.

If you want a scoot from the Honda stable, go for the Aviator. It has good telescopic shocks, 12 inch wheels at the front and also if you wish you can opt for the disc brake option which will give you a comfortably safe scoot.

I have experience with Kinetic/Mahindra Flyte [when we bought it, it was Kinetic]. The ride quality is top notch. In fact my dad is very happy with the ride over bangalore roads. But the mileage and service is a problem. If you are ok to compromise with these, you can have a look at the Flyte/Rodeo as well.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:47   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats agspins! Nice choice of color.

Get the vibration issue checked in the first service. It should not be much and should go away as you clock more kms.
Thanks abhinav...as you said vibration issue is fading with clocking kms.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:42   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Congrats s3va. The price looks about ok. Which showroom did u get the quote from?

Best is to call up the TVS showrooms in different parts of the city if you are buying it in bangalore. Get the quotes. Compare who is offering the best price. Try and bargain for that with the nearest dealer. If he accepts good for you, else you will have to bear with the inconvenience of going to a far off dealer just for the delivery.
Thanks much Abhinav, finally got a response to my query ! And I just returned to my desk after the paying the booking advance, PDI and a PD test ride ! I will take delivery of the scooter on 25th Feb.

Last week my wife took a ride on PEP+, and even though she still has to learn a lot I could feel that she was really comfy handling the vehicle from a height and weight perspective. I rode it thru rough patches and I was impressed with the action delivered by the puny shock absorbers. And to test the torque, I rode the vehicle with my wife and 4 yr old son and I found the vehicle handling the weight comfortably.

Since this dealer(TRISTAR) was very close to my place, I didnt bother to perform an extensive research like how I did during my car purchase by calling up various other dealers.

Rs.37900 - On road including Regn and handling charges
Free accessories - Front guard, handle grips
Paid accessories - Rear guard, Floor mat
Total Rs.38780
Color : RED

Now This is funny and I had a long argument with Tristar showroom manager. It looks like BLR RTO is forcing customers to take a Rs.100 NSC certificate during the time of any vehicle registration and if we deny it, Rs.50 needs to be paid as bribe !!! I told the sales guys that this is ridiculous and I am not going to shell a penny more as i dont require the NSC cert ad asked them handle the bribe as part of the Regn and handling charges for which i am paying about Rs.1000.

I was reminded of my SBI car insurance where I was forced to take a stupid insurance to get my loan cleared !!!
Old 25th February 2010, 19:00   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about Kinetic/Hero/Mahindra 2 wheelers. Apologies for not reading the thread fully. I did read to some extent but not fully.
Hi, have an Access for over a year now. The comfort while riding is better in the new Activa, but being a bike rider previously a 2 stroker at that, Access might tempt you with its pick up over the Activa.

Access also has imo a more sportier riding position compared to Activa, which is more relaxed to ride.

You should definitely look at Aviator, as it has a higher riding position with the telescopic fronts, you could find it more suitable for you. Have no much experience with the Mahindras, however would stay away from them because of reliability issues.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:15   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Now This is funny and I had a long argument with Tristar showroom manager. It looks like BLR RTO is forcing customers to take a Rs.100 NSC certificate during the time of any vehicle registration and if we deny it, Rs.50 needs to be paid as bribe !!!
Wow thats a first. Did not hear this when i got the P220 in Sept last year. So should be money making tricks. But still how much will the Rs. 50 bribe serve either the showroom guy or the RTO guy i am not sure.

And congrats on confirming the Pep+.

Out of curiosity, any reason you did not look at the Scooty Streak and went with Pep+??
Old 25th February 2010, 22:18   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Hi, have an Access for over a year now. The comfort while riding is better in the new Activa, but being a bike rider previously a 2 stroker at that, Access might tempt you with its pick up over the Activa.

Access also has imo a more sportier riding position compared to Activa, which is more relaxed to ride.

You should definitely look at Aviator, as it has a higher riding position with the telescopic fronts, you could find it more suitable for you. Have no much experience with the Mahindras, however would stay away from them because of reliability issues.
Thanks Doc.
Exactly my views, after going through reviews on various sites for the past two days. I might stay away from Mahindra(atleast the last to test drive) because of issues like low ground clearance, as I heard and also service related stuff.
Access and Aviator are on list to test drive over weekend. Access would make up for my track record of not owning any non-Suzuki vehicle, either bike or car.
But, the love for bikes is still not dying, and pulling me towards a Bajaj Avenger on one side

Last edited by sriturl : 25th February 2010 at 22:22.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:29   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doc.
Exactly my views, after going through reviews on various sites for the past two days. I might stay away from Mahindra(atleast the last to test drive) because of issues like low ground clearance, as I heard and also service related stuff.
Access and Aviator are on list to test drive over weekend. Access would make up for my track record of not owning any non-Suzuki vehicle, either bike or car.
But, the love for bikes is still not dying, and pulling me towards a Bajaj Avenger on one side
Can relate to that sritul, when one of the new Yamahas or an RTR passes by I start to wonder if I made the right decision to switch to an ungeared scooter, but the comfort and convenience I get out of my ungeared wonder and that I ride on Bangalore roads are more than enough to keep me from going back to a self operated clutch bike
Old 1st March 2010, 00:50   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Default I got Honda

Hi All,

Have finally booked the Dio for Wifey dear yesterday. There's hardly a single positive thing that I would want to say about the Honda Dealer though.

The wait period is horrible 40 days. The dealership experience was pathetic. Lets see how soon I get the vehicle.
Old 1st March 2010, 02:42   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi All,

Have finally booked the Dio for Wifey dear yesterday. There's hardly a single positive thing that I would want to say about the Honda Dealer though.

The wait period is horrible 40 days. The dealership experience was pathetic. Lets see how soon I get the vehicle.
By any chance, is Sai Point your dealer?
Old 1st March 2010, 09:07   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
By any chance, is Sai Point your dealer?
Yes. It is, don't have much choice with Honda.

When I visited the Mahindra showroom, I was offered tea/coffee and water. Same story was repeated at the friendly HH showroom. Didn't visit the TVS showroom but I am sure, it would have been the case. Even the cycle store owners ask for tea/coffee.

Further, they had placed a huge banner outside the showroom - "I enjoy giving test rides" but no TD vehicles available with them, no Dio brochures for the last 2 weeks, not enough chairs/waiting area in the showroom.

Lastly, why do they have to sell basic things when others give it for free? Things like the buzzer, side stand, lady step etc etc? Shame on you Honda, I am not saying you give me Guards for free but side stand should be included as part of the standard vehicle and not sold seperately. Its just a 200 rupee thing, one can easily pay include it in the cost of the final vehicle and does not look stupid.
Old 7th March 2010, 07:05   #1019
BHPian

Finally booked Honda Aviator Deluxe (109cc, Disc brake,Alloy Wheels, Pearl Blue Rs 55,500 on road! ) . Paid initial amount of 1K. Delivery takes 2-3 month as per dealer
Old 10th March 2010, 21:30   #1020
cLJ
BHPian

Have booked a Honda Activa for my wife. Delivery is expected by mid-April. I felt the height of Aviator is on the higher side, othewise we would have booked Aviator.

CLJ
Closed Thread