Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2010, 21:39   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi All,

Have finally booked the Dio for Wifey dear yesterday. There's hardly a single positive thing that I would want to say about the Honda Dealer though.

The wait period is horrible 40 days. The dealership experience was pathetic. Lets see how soon I get the vehicle.
Congrats amtak! Dio is a good scoot for the ladies specially.

Quote:
Yes. It is, don't have much choice with Honda.

When I visited the Mahindra showroom, I was offered tea/coffee and water. Same story was repeated at the friendly HH showroom. Didn't visit the TVS showroom but I am sure, it would have been the case. Even the cycle store owners ask for tea/coffee.

Further, they had placed a huge banner outside the showroom - "I enjoy giving test rides" but no TD vehicles available with them, no Dio brochures for the last 2 weeks, not enough chairs/waiting area in the showroom.

Lastly, why do they have to sell basic things when others give it for free? Things like the buzzer, side stand, lady step etc etc? Shame on you Honda, I am not saying you give me Guards for free but side stand should be included as part of the standard vehicle and not sold seperately. Its just a 200 rupee thing, one can easily pay include it in the cost of the final vehicle and does not look stupid.
Call it arrogance or snobbish, but that's Honda for you. I too felt that the side stand and lady step could be provided for free. Buzzer i am not sure coz every company charges for it [though its only about 50 bucks]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Finally booked Honda Aviator Deluxe (109cc, Disc brake,Alloy Wheels, Pearl Blue Rs 55,500 on road! ) . Paid initial amount of 1K. Delivery takes 2-3 month as per dealer
Congrats deadman [good user id ]. Nice choice of vehicle and color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLJ View Post
Have booked a Honda Activa for my wife. Delivery is expected by mid-April. I felt the height of Aviator is on the higher side, othewise we would have booked Aviator.

CLJ
Congrats CLJ.. Aviator is a good scoot, but for ladies its a tad on the taller side. Any reason you did not go with the Dio. The refreshed Dio with the new graphics looks really good. It is seemingly lighter than activa and easier to handle for the women folk.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:15   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats amtak! Dio is a good scoot for the ladies specially.
I am a metrosexual man. I have other thoughts! Will give rest to my Hunk for a Motoscooter for some days before I ride the hunk again!

Quote:
Call it arrogance or snobbish, but that's Honda for you. I too felt that the side stand and lady step could be provided for free. Buzzer i am not sure coz every company charges for it [though its only about 50 bucks]

I had got the buzzer for free! I call this Chindi attitude! Believe it or not, I still haven't got a call from those buggers giving me a status update! They were not even bothered to call me to tell me that my loan was approved or any other details.

PS: I have booked a blue Dio and they have another blue one in display as well. I told them that I need to know the engine number of this blue one as I don't want it to be sold to me as a new piece. They flatly refused!

Last edited by amtak : 11th March 2010 at 10:17.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:27   #1023
BHPian

I have noticed the below in my wife's new scooty, Appreciate your inputs

1) Rattling noises from the front section emerging when the Scooty Pep+ is ridden thru rough patches ?
2) When the vehicle is started after a long stop(like mornings) for a few metres a whistling kind of noise can be heard from the exhaust which disappears after sometime and never reappears during the ride.

Any idea ? thanks
Old 11th March 2010, 14:59   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Believe it or not, I still haven't got a call from those buggers giving me a status update!
It was not this bad when I got the dio for my wife last year.
We did not go for a loan, but still the sales rep was responsive enough to let me know once the vehicle was in the showroom. I went for a quick PDI before submitting the docs for registration. He also called me once the vehicle was ready for delivery.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:11   #1025
BHPian

Am finally getting my Aviator on Gudi padwa. I was promised delivery in 45 days but a lot more have gone by. The dealer is Pratik Honda, Navi Mumbai.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:59   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I have noticed the below in my wife's new scooty, Appreciate your inputs

1) Rattling noises from the front section emerging when the Scooty Pep+ is ridden thru rough patches ?
2) When the vehicle is started after a long stop(like mornings) for a few metres a whistling kind of noise can be heard from the exhaust which disappears after sometime and never reappears during the ride.

Any idea ? thanks
Rattling noise from the front section could be the front body panel not being tightened enough or the front shockers. Not sure of the whistling noise though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Am finally getting my Aviator on Gudi padwa. I was promised delivery in 45 days but a lot more have gone by. The dealer is Pratik Honda, Navi Mumbai.
Congrats Mayur.. What color? Disc brake variant??
Old 11th March 2010, 16:04   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats Mayur.. What color? Disc brake variant??
Thanks!! No not the disc but the standard drum variant. Getting this one for my father in black.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:43   #1028
BHPian

I think it is the same with most of the Honda dealers. I booked an Activa for my wife in end Oct 2009. As always they didnt have any brochures/ no test vehicles.
They told me that the waiting was 90 days but it should reduce as the 90 day waiting period was due to a strike in the factory and the same has been resolved now.
Didnt hear back from them for a good two months. I had to call back regulary and everything the message was " We will call back".
Then finally I fine day in early Jan 2010, I went there and talked to the manager and paid off the remaining amount and post that had to wait for another 35 days. Finally received the vehicle in the fourth week of Feb 2010.
The only silver lining was I got my vehicle before the hike due to budget impact.
Old 12th March 2010, 07:27   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I think it is the same with most of the Honda dealers. I booked an Activa for my wife in end Oct 2009. As always they didnt have any brochures/ no test vehicles., I went there and talked to the manager and paid off the remaining amount and post that had to wait for another 35 days. Finally received the vehicle in the fourth week of Feb 2010.
Oh! So after 4 month you got it! hope it will not happen with me. Even in my cse they didn't had test drive vehicles. About dealer experience i felt like i'm buying some chocolate from Honda by paying 1000 advance and waiting for 3 month to taste it.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:05   #1030
BHPian

I think Honda needs to seriously so something about their dealers. All Honda dealerships I have visited including those in Pune have the same attitude. No pleasant welcome, no TD vehicles, no brochures, rude staff, no commitment about delivery of vehicles and take it or leave it attitude. Even their service staff is bad. Its just that Honda 2 wheelers are so good and trouble free that we tend to forgive these little but important bits. Still Honda we deserve to be treated better.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:17   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Oh! So after 4 month you got it! hope it will not happen with me. Even in my cse they didn't had test drive vehicles. About dealer experience i felt like i'm buying some chocolate from Honda by paying 1000 advance and waiting for 3 month to taste it.
Well my woes didnt end there. There was more during delivery. Firstly these guys dont give any proper dates. They only tell (atleast in my case) that post complete payment, I would get my vehicle in 30-35 days. Finally one fine day they called me (this was the only time when they called) stating that my vehicle has come. I was out of town that week stating that I would come on 23rd Feb and pick my vehicle and hence asked them to keep the vehicle ready. When I called them on 23d Feb afternoon telling that I would be coming, they cooly say that the vehicle is not ready and asked me to come on 25th Feb. I just lost my cool and blasted them stating that I am coming and taking my vehicle come what may. Reached their place and was happy to see my vehicle there. Finally some relief after 4 months

Quote:
I think Honda needs to seriously so something about their dealers. All Honda dealerships I have visited including those in Pune have the same attitude. No pleasant welcome, no TD vehicles, no brochures, rude staff, no commitment about delivery of vehicles and take it or leave it attitude. Even their service staff is bad. Its just that Honda 2 wheelers are so good and trouble free that we tend to forgive these little but important bits. Still Honda we deserve to be treated better.
The same thing happened at the dealership too. A man walked in with his wife and asked for TD of Activa and Dio as he was concerned about the height of the scooter which he wanted to buy for hiswife. The sales staff gave him a look as if he was asking for a free vehicle. They told him that there were no TD vehicles available and they cant provide him with any TD. The poor guy just walked off.

Last edited by f1fan : 12th March 2010 at 14:21.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:26   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still Honda we deserve to be treated better.
+1 Just because they make good trouble free vehicles does not allow them to ill-treat customers who are spending nearly half a lakh on their product. We definitely deserve to be treated better.

To quote an incident about the attitude of the SC staff, below is what transpired when i had gone for the 1st free service:

There were about 20 vehicles in line to get the job card written. In spite of the customers filling in the job card details themselves, the SA was acting irritated and even scolded the security asking him to make all the customers stand near their vehicles and not come near him as it will distract him!!! There were 3 other SA's who were not as rude as the first one but nevertheless were really careless about writing the job card etc.

Frustrating but true!!
Old 14th March 2010, 03:14   #1033
BHPian

Just was browsing for a scooter for my mom , I saw TVS wego with coming soon tag on it.

The Gearless Scooter Thread-wego.jpg

Might well look at this option since i have kind of shortlisted Flyte/Scooty for my mom's daily commute to office.Somehow Activa/aviator found to be bulky for my moms physique.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:34   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Honda needs to seriously so something about their dealers. All Honda dealerships I have visited including those in Pune have the same attitude. No pleasant welcome, no TD vehicles, no brochures, rude staff, no commitment about delivery of vehicles and take it or leave it attitude. Even their service staff is bad.
+10 to that!!

My experience is exactly the same at Honda in Pune, when I was very keen to buy the Activa last year. Why would they need to behave as if they are doing us a favour by selling us a vehicle?
Ended up buying the HH Pleasure instead.
Old 15th March 2010, 08:02   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
+10 to that!!

My experience is exactly the same at Honda in Pune, when I was very keen to buy the Activa last year. Why would they need to behave as if they are doing us a favour by selling us a vehicle?
Ended up buying the HH Pleasure instead.
Same experience here too. I went to the newly opened Honda dealer in Thane on Ghodbunder Road called Vihaan Honda. Although the staff was courteous (maybe since it was new showroom) the same old story of no brochures, no test drive, no delivery before 3 months for Activa. All I got was the quotation for Honda deluxe for Rs 51675 OTR. This included some forced accessories which I have to buy without which I will not get the vehicle. Also the advisor said there was no guarentee that I will get my vehicle after 90 days. The Dio was available with a waiting period of 30 days but personally I did not like the over the board graphics when compared with Activa although the specs seem to be same as Activa. Walked out saying I need time to think. I think Honda has bloated on the fact that Activa's sell more than any other scooter and have resorted to such arm twisting techniques.
Next stop Sai Suzuki for Access enquiry. The story here was somewhat similar to Honda except for the waiting period which was 25 days. Again no TD vehicle available. I got a quotation for 51876 OTR with no accessories. I had a look at their workshop just behind the showroom, was impressed with neatness. A couple of Access just dropped by for their service and they were taken in with least time. Liked that. Suzuki offers 8 free service with 2 year warranty but the guy did not have any idea about extended warranty. Again walked out to make up my mind.
Closed Thread