Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 5th April 2010, 15:03   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I am really disappointed with the attitude of these 2 wheeler sellers.
I went to at least 2 Honda showrooms and 2 Suzuki showrooms to check for activa/aviator and access 125.
But cold response awaits. I am surprised at how they are doing business.
Even I was thinking exactly same!
Old 5th April 2010, 15:50   #1082
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised at how they can command such hug ewaiting period when HH Pleasure which sports the same engine is readily available. Also, my experience tells me that Honda = Reliability in today's world is a marketing gimmick. It is as good or as bad as a TVS or a Rodeo. I would not comment on a Bajaj as I have not had the experience of using it hands on.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:41   #1083
BHPian

I was going through this thread as I wanted to get a gearless scooter for my wife. Of course where else one can get non-biased information and real life experience of users, than in Team BHP website!!

I am almost finalized on Honda eventhough most of the people had bad/very bad dealership experiences. Let me try my luck in one of them in bangalore. I will let you people know about it as soon as I make a visit to one of the dealers along with my wify. I found 'Saffire Honda' as the nearest dealer for me.

Any experiences / feedbacks / heads-up?

Thanks,
Sunil.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:12   #1084
BHPian

@sunil: Glad you finalized on Honda, but please be prepared for minimum waiting period of 45 days and max up to 3 months, especially in Bangalore. Good luck!
Old 6th April 2010, 10:23   #1085
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post

Any experiences / feedbacks / heads-up?
Contrary to what has been posted here, I had a pleasant experience with Dhruvdesh Honda, Mekhri circle. The Salesman Murthy was quite prompt and informed about the product. The only issue was waiting period which I was mentally prepared for.

What irritates me is the product itself - Honda Dio. Its got a flimsy build, the mirrors swing in full glory and suspension is bad. Beware on bad roads, you will have a horrible time riding.

Which one have you finalized?
Old 6th April 2010, 12:43   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
@ I am back, I am referring to the black guard that is covering the body (the one with plastic sheet). Not the one which is near ladies footstep. They charged me INR 650 for this and I was under the impression that I would get a full guard like the ones provided for Activa/Aviator. Whats the point of this guard?
This guard is just an accessory and needs to be purchased separately. Even i paid Rs. 450 for the same guard for my PEP+. But its chrome one. See the pic.
The Gearless Scooter Thread-pic546.jpg
Old 6th April 2010, 16:09   #1087
BHPian

3.5 yrs back when we decided to sell our Kiho, Activa was the premier choice as it was from Honda.I walked into the showroom and the behaviour and attitude of the SA and DSA from bank was so rude and arrogant that i wanted to slap them.Also the ridiculous waiting period and pricing of activa.There was HH delearship opposite to the honda showroom and i traded our Kiho and got Pleasure in two days.
But HH service is absolutely pathetic.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:52   #1088
BHPian

@wmanu: Thanks for the wishes. I am prepared for the waiting period, though.

@JVH: Good to hear that you had a good experience with the the dealer. I too heard about the difference in the ride comfort between Activa and Dio. My scooter will be primarily for my wify's use; so I prefer the Dio due to its light weight.

Thanks for your comments about the mirrors. I will keep in mind about the mirror fitting and make sure those guys at the dealership fix it tightly. Or was that fixed tightly and got loose later on your vehicle? Does the suspension gets soft after running some kilometers? When did you buy your Dio?
Old 8th April 2010, 18:57   #1089
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@JVH: Good to hear that you had a good experience with the the dealer. I too heard about the difference in the ride comfort between Activa and Dio. My scooter will be primarily for my wify's use; so I prefer the Dio due to its light weight.
I don't know the exact weight difference between Dio and Activa but given a chance, try the new Activa. It's got a better suspension. Dio is a looker no doubt and that's why my wife was gaga over it.

Quote:

Thanks for your comments about the mirrors. I will keep in mind about the mirror fitting and make sure those guys at the dealership fix it tightly. Or was that fixed tightly and got loose later on your vehicle? Does the suspension gets soft after running some kilometers? When did you buy your Dio?
Well, the mirrors start showing their true colours after say a month or 2. My Dio is about 4 months old now. You are right, they get loose later. So far, the suspension is not bad but I guess 4 months is not a good enough time to judge. Perhaps owners with longer ownership experience can comment.

Actually, Dio is not as bad as it sounds. But I expected better quality from Honda on the mirrors. That's all.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:13   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Owning the Dio since April 2009 and its exactly 1 year and 6000 kms young.

Its the primary runabout for my wife. She is very happy handling the weight of the vehicle and as JVH said is gaga over the looks.

Till date there has been no issues with the suspension though you cannot compare it to the telescopic suspension of Aviator/Access. Its ok over bad roads.

Mirrors are a sore point and it tends to rotate all round. This started happening from the 3rd month after delivery. Not a deal breaker though as i get it tightened at the local mechanic as and when it starts rotating.

So overall, if your wifey is happy with the Dio, look no further as she will be the primary user. You too can hijack it when needed since its not all that girly looking as well

Honda activa kerb weight= 110.2 Kgs
Honda dio kerb weight = 99 Kgs [Source: India bike]

Hope this helps
Old 10th April 2010, 15:05   #1091
BHPian

@Abhinav.s: thanks for your valuable inputs on the weight of the two models from Honda. This sure made my wife to be closer to the Dio.
@JVH: yes, I too liked the Activa more, but the home minister is more inclined towards the Dio.
So, I visted Saffire Honda yesterday along with my wife. Got an ok response from the sales representative; may be I felt so since I had set my expecattions already. Wife took a test drive on both Activa and Dio; me too got a chance to be on the rider seat. Booked a RED Dio as preferred by the 'going to be user'.
The base price for the product is 39823/- (Ex-showroom); accessories (many of us expect these things to be part of the standard equipment, but they are not - so it becomes accessory) worth Rs:2000/-. The onroad price touched whopping 47391/- remaining constituted for the insurance/registration and majorly, the road tax in B'lore.
I also considered below the accessories:
-Body cover
-Grip cover
-Helmet
-Helmet lock (?)
-Seat cover
But, the sales person mnetioned they can be arranged at the time of deleivery. Not sure, he was buying time as he has to handle these only after 30 days or so (yes, the waiting period for Dio is 30 days - even though the sales person mentioned it will be slightly less). I am planning to chase him after 20 days or so.
Now comes the helmet part. Have enyone come across a good helmet shop around Jaya Nagar / JP Nagar? Or shall I try in JC Road itself?
Thanks in advance for the responses.

-Sunil
Old 10th April 2010, 16:45   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, the sales person mnetioned they can be arranged at the time of deleivery. Not sure, he was buying time as he has to handle these only after 30 days or so (yes, the waiting period for Dio is 30 days - even though the sales person mentioned it will be slightly less). I am planning to chase him after 20 days or so.
COngrats! I too have a red Dio which got delivered on march 23. My suggestion to you is start chasing the sales exec from the 10th day onwards to avoid any surprises on the 20th day. I had booked a blue dio but had to settle for a red one as they didnt have any clue when the blue stock will arrive. They still haven't received any blue ones in Sai Point Honda (Mumbai).

PS: My Mirrors have started rotating in the 1st week itself. Utter rubbish quality!

Last edited by amtak : 10th April 2010 at 16:47.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:25   #1093
BHPian

Guys,

I know that the entire thread talks about what i am gonna discuss here . My sister is looking to get a gearless scooter and the famous weight factor is playing in her mind. I am inclined to get an Activa or Dio. (Ruling out Dio now coz of the waiting period). My sis wants to get scooty pep+ as this is little less heavier than Activa and Dio. She is even considering Teenz as this lighter than pep+. I just read a couple of reviews in the web which talked about vibrations in pep+ after 40kmph. Is this too common to be worried about or just one off cases?
Old 12th April 2010, 09:55   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Smile Honda Activa Deluxe delivered

Got my wife a new Honda Activa Deluxe, details as follows:
Dealer: Vihaan Honda, Thane
Booking date: 17/3/2010
Delivery Date: 11/4/2010
Model: Honda Activa Deluxe
Colour: Silver
OTR: RS 52946/- incl of reg, Insurance & accessories
Paid accessories: All guards, Ladies stand, Buzzer, Anti rust coating, Honda cover.
Insurance: Oriental

I guess I was lucky to have the vehicle delivered to me within 25 days when other are waiting for 90 days. No influence, no under table, no extra payment, only one mail to Honda regarding the new dealership experience and a couple of calls to Honda Regional Manager, Pune did the trick. Vihaan Honda owner Mr Suresh was cordial all throughout the buying process. Also Mr Vikas Kashyap of Pune was very instrumental in getting the delivery done faster and smoother. I will be writing the dealership experience in a seperate thread.
Activa pros:
Combi brake, New engine which is smooth, great pick up. Igintion key shutter, Tuff up tubes,
Cons: The side stand is little difficult to access. No number plate in the front, only available at back.
I have attached the snaps of the Activa.
Attached Thumbnails
The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020078.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020079.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020080.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020081.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020082.jpg  

The Gearless Scooter Thread-p1020083.jpg  

Old 12th April 2010, 10:26   #1095
BHPian

Default Congratulations !!

Hello Ghodlur,

Congratulations for the new Activa. I got mine in Jan10. Same model & color.

Regards
Closed Thread