Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 15:01   #1096
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Can any of the Activa/Dio owners confirm if a full face helmet can go inside the storage space below the seat?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

-Sunil.
sunil_k_u is offline  
Old 13th April 2010, 16:46   #1097
BHPian
 
vasanthn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 745
Thanked: 303 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Can any of the Activa/Dio owners confirm if a full face helmet can go inside the storage space below the seat?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

-Sunil.
It definitely does go in; in Activa, my guess is it would go into the storage space of Dio also.
vasanthn21 is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 09:08   #1098
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Can any of the Activa/Dio owners confirm if a full face helmet can go inside the storage space below the seat?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

-Sunil.
It won't go in Dio Sunil. My wife purposely bought a half face helmet so that she can fit it inside.

By the way, Congrats on the Dio!
JVH is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 09:42   #1099
BHPian
 
wmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Experts, I'm having an issue with my Mahindra Flyte (3 months old, 1200km on ODO).

Yesterday, when I switch the ignition on and press the start button, noting happened. Then I tried horn, indicators etc and got no response. I assumed, with my limited knowledge, that it could be fuse problem.

I tried with kicker and she got started instantly and drove home. I've refereed the manual and opened up the battery case and checked the fuse box. Surprisingly the fuse has no issues (visually). I connected the fuse back and tried starting using the button and it worked. I was glad that I could fix the problem myself with the help of the manual.

Then I closed all covers/lids and brought it back to the actual shape. Guess what? the battery connection gone again. So I did the entire steps again and got it working after closing the lid/panels.

Today morning I checked and the battery power is coming through and every functions works as expected. But on the way to work, I switched her off at a signal and when I pushed the button to turn her on, its all gone again. I had to use the kicker to get her rolling.

Has any one faced this issue before? Can this be resolved myself or should I have to visit the service station?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
wmanu is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 10:05   #1100
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
Experts, I'm having an issue with my Mahindra Flyte (3 months old, 1200km on ODO).

Yesterday, when I switch the ignition on and press the start button, noting happened. Then I tried horn, indicators etc and got no response. I assumed, with my limited knowledge, that it could be fuse problem.

I tried with kicker and she got started instantly and drove home. I've refereed the manual and opened up the battery case and checked the fuse box. Surprisingly the fuse has no issues (visually). I connected the fuse back and tried starting using the button and it worked. I was glad that I could fix the problem myself with the help of the manual.

Then I closed all covers/lids and brought it back to the actual shape. Guess what? the battery connection gone again. So I did the entire steps again and got it working after closing the lid/panels.

Today morning I checked and the battery power is coming through and every functions works as expected. But on the way to work, I switched her off at a signal and when I pushed the button to turn her on, its all gone again. I had to use the kicker to get her rolling.

Has any one faced this issue before? Can this be resolved myself or should I have to visit the service station?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
+
Check the Battery (if by chance it drained out or not) or any lose connections?
Self starting is giving problem (but kick starting is fine) which means there
are chances that some fault in the battery /wirings?
nairrk is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 10:27   #1101
BHPian
 
wmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@nairrk: Thanks for the response. Will the battery drained out in 3months? I did the first service last month. The service guys should have checked the battery, I guess.
wmanu is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 11:06   #1102
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
@nairrk: Thanks for the response. Will the battery drained out in 3months? I did the first service last month. The service guys should have checked the battery, I guess.
+
sometime the battery drain out fast if we use the self starter frequently.
I have 2 gearless scooters - kinetic honda -4s and Kinetic flyte (both bought when it was under kinetic ownership). K-4S was given to my b/law who never do proper service and overuse the selfstarter. One fine morning, the self starter didnt work. He started using the kickstarter and doing his daily work. when checked with the workshop they said Battery was drained out and also self stater switch also gone.
He changed the battery but not the self starter-still using the kick system.

am using the flyte and I made it a practise that, every morning or whenever I use it first time in a day, I use to start by kick starting, then during the day I use the self starter. For the last 2 years there are no problem with battery or self starter.

Even, new batteries used to drain out fast due to manufacturing defect
so better you make sure the battery is fully in charge condition, then check the wirings etc.
nairrk is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 12:13   #1103
BHPian
 
wmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
am using the flyte and I made it a practise that, every morning or whenever I use it first time in a day, I use to start by kick starting, then during the day I use the self starter.
Thanks for the input. Me too follow the same method but unfortunately ended with this issue.

Anyways, will get it checked by the service center.
wmanu is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 15:12   #1104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Thanks vasanthn21 and JVH for the reponses. Thanks VJH for the wishes; by the way my wait has just started.

I forgot to check this helmet thingy during the test drive. If the helmet doesn't go in the Dio, then having a helmet lcok is the only option. How big is the storage space in Dio? Any idea? The brochure for the activa specifies it to be 18 litres; but no mention about it in the brochure for Dio.


-Sunil.
sunil_k_u is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 15:28   #1105
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,782
Thanked: 342 Times
Default

Quote:
Can any of the Activa/Dio owners confirm if a full face helmet can go inside the storage space below the seat?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

-
Yes it does go in.

Quote:
It definitely does go in; in Activa, my guess is it would go into the storage space of Dio also.
+1 to this. Mine goes in neatly.

Quote:
It won't go in Dio Sunil. My wife purposely bought a half face helmet so that she can fit it inside.

By the way, Congrats on the Dio!
It would certainly go. An average size full face helmet can go in the dio.

Last edited by amtak : 14th April 2010 at 15:35.
amtak is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 15:33   #1106
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

[quote=amtak;1838035]
Quote:
Yes it does go in.



+1 to this. Mine goes in neatly.



It would certainly go. An average size full face helmet can go in the dio.
It certainly did not go when we were on the look out for the full faced one. We had to press the seat a little bit for a perfect alignment which we didn't want. Wife was OK with a half faced one since she just needs for riding short distances with very little traffic.

Sunil, why don't you try in the helmet shop itself. The sizes differ as we saw in mine and Amit's case.
JVH is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 15:41   #1107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 61
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Guys,
My Access is now 6 months old and I am it is yet to complete 650 Kms. I am not sure if it is advisable to get it services before a 1000 Km run. But, when I took it to service center recently, I was told that the service interval is completed as per the calendar days and hence I can directly jump to 3rd Service. I am not sure if we should go to 3rd service without even servicing the 1st and 2nd suggested intervals.

Also any advise on any other service center other than IBAYS near to Madhapur/Kukatpally?
ubsmart is offline  
Old 14th April 2010, 15:50   #1108
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,782
Thanked: 342 Times
Default

Quote:

Sunil, why don't you try in the helmet shop itself. The sizes differ as we saw in mine and Amit's case.
Yes, advisable to check at the Helmet shop.

Quote:
Guys,
My Access is now 6 months old and I am it is yet to complete 650 Kms. I am not sure if it is advisable to get it services before a 1000 Km run. But, when I took it to service center recently, I was told that the service interval is completed as per the calendar days and hence I can directly jump to 3rd Service. I am not sure if we should go to 3rd service without even servicing the 1st and 2nd suggested intervals.
That is a real sad way of how 2 wheeler makers work. X number of days or X number of kilometers. My Dio's first service is due on April 19th (Monday) and I cannot take it after that for the first service! I have been following up with them for an early slot and they would let me know soon!
amtak is offline  
Old 15th April 2010, 18:26   #1109
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,556
Thanked: 817 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
My Access is now 6 months old and I am it is yet to complete 650 Kms.
ubsmart, I am(was) in the same boat as you. I completed the first service on time for my HH Pleasure , but could go for the 2nd service only after almost 11 months and only 1000 odd kms on the odo.
The lady at the counter kept insisting that the system wont allow her to enter 2nd service for me and I would have to skip to the 3rd directly. I spoke to the service advisor and convinced him to let me opt for 2nd instead.
sajo is offline  
Old 16th April 2010, 10:40   #1110
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
My Access is now 6 months old and I am it is yet to complete 650 Kms.
Just to avoid the similar situation, i used my access as much as possible to get the first service done.As soon as 3rd free service is done, will get it done at some reliable garage rather than at the dealers.Btw the owners manual suggests some things like change plugs and filters, which can be a help for DIY.
agspins is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter CARDEEP Motorbikes 64 1st October 2015 10:24
Gearless scooter on rent in Bangalore? Gandhi Shifting gears 6 5th April 2010 18:58
Now that's what I call a scooter! The genuine scooter company NoMind Motorbikes 0 31st March 2009 15:07
Looking to buy a gearless scooter rascalangel Motorbikes 5 28th January 2009 15:22
Gearless scooter for my dad sathya_j2084 Motorbikes 36 27th February 2008 05:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks