Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2010, 12:53   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy new Honda Activa DLX for my Dad. I have few doubts on the vehicle which the technical guys in Druvdesh honda didnt bother to explain :

1. Is the Full body of avtiva metal?all the painted parts front and sides?
4. Whats the service intervals ?
6.If i need the registration number which adds up to 9 ,what price should i pay for the dealer?
7.What accessories should i go for? My dad uses this vehicle mostly to carry around stuff near his legspace? should i go for the front luggage box?
1. Full body of activa is metal
4. For our dio, the 4 free services had to be completed in the first one year of ownership.
6. Amount for registration number varies from 2k to 7k.
7. Please dont take the front luggage box. Its of no use and will hamper the leg space as well.
Old 19th May 2010, 15:33   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
5.Which dealer will give me the vehicle ASAP,as i am looking for WILD PURPLE METALLIC color?
6.If i need the registration number which adds up to 9 ,what price should i pay for the dealer?
You should scout all the dealers and see who has this color in stock. They will be able to give it to you immediately.

For the registration number totalling to 9, I was quoted 1800/ by Dream Honda.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:05   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How does the Pleasure compare considering it has a similar engine? It seems to be a lot cheaper. What is missing?
For the casual user...Nothing! I would say if its not going to be used regularly, go for the Pleasure. I saved some $$$ and got instant delivery too!
+ Its darned easy to ride, my mom who is 5'0 manages to ride mine quite easily.
Old 20th May 2010, 18:48   #1159
BHPian

Default Gearless scooters : Any new launches ??

I am looking to buy a new gearless scooter pretty soon. Please let me know if anybody has any info on any new scooters soon to be launched.

Thanks.

Nitin
Old 20th May 2010, 19:20   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
For the casual user...Nothing! I would say if its not going to be used regularly, go for the Pleasure. I saved some $$$ and got instant delivery too!
+ Its darned easy to ride, my mom who is 5'0 manages to ride mine quite easily.
So basically a different skin? How does the other components hold up in the pleasure?

Where does the Activa really score over the Pleasure? There should be some catch due to the lower price.
Old 20th May 2010, 19:40   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Pleasure is designed for and marketed for women. Everything from looks to ergos

Hero Honda Pleasure Special Edition Launched - Infibeam.com

Last edited by Mpower : 20th May 2010 at 20:16.
Old 20th May 2010, 20:13   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Pleasure is designed for and marketed for women. Everything for looks to ergos

Hero Honda Pleasure Special Edition Launched - Infibeam.com

+1.. And the few pleasures which are with my cousin's and maintained by their respective husbands in terms of service etc have not held up well after few years. There are 3 which have done above 10k kms each and all of them have lost that pick up which was initially present. Now they struggle to pull with 2 ppl on board.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:24   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+1.. And the few pleasures which are with my cousin's and maintained by their respective husbands in terms of service etc have not held up well after few years. There are 3 which have done above 10k kms each and all of them have lost that pick up which was initially present. Now they struggle to pull with 2 ppl on board.
That shouldn't be the case considering it has the same engine, transmission, wheels,tires, brakes, etc of the Activa/Dio ! Ive seen many abused Activa's still going strong !!

My 2002 Dio has done 30 K kms and still going strong, feels just like new
(Dealer servicing is a test of my patience though )
Old 21st May 2010, 13:26   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
That shouldn't be the case considering it has the same engine, transmission, wheels,tires, brakes, etc of the Activa/Dio ! Ive seen many abused Activa's still going strong !!

My 2002 Dio has done 30 K kms and still going strong, feels just like new
(Dealer servicing is a test of my patience though )
I too was surprised with this as i have seen very old Activa's and Dio's doing pretty well. That's the reason i inquired if they have been serviced on time etc. Going by their word it has been but dont know whats wrong with them.

In comparison, another cousin who is a student has a Dio which is a 2003 model and has done close to 28k. It still has very good pick up and has held up well though there are cracks on the fiber body in certain places due to parking issues etc.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:08   #1165
BHPian

Abhinav, i see you are owning a sym flyte. How do you compare that with the DIO ?

You should be in the best position to compare since you have driven both the vehicles real time ( not TDs) and by now will now the pros & cons of both.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:15   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Question A couple of queries on Activa.

Guys,

Have a couple of queries:
1) I have been using the self start option in my Honda Activa? Although I have difficulty in starting the first time, I have never used the kick start till now. Should I use it everytime when I first start the vehicle?
2) I have been filling normal petrol till now and wanted to know whether I should put additives like 4T along with the petrol.
Pls advise.
Old 24th May 2010, 13:04   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Abhinav, i see you are owning a sym flyte. How do you compare that with the DIO ?

You should be in the best position to compare since you have driven both the vehicles real time ( not TDs) and by now will now the pros & cons of both.
We got the Flyte in 2008 when it was still new. It had its fair share of niggles and troubles!
1. The fuel tank was replaced due to fuel leakage.
2. We are not happy with the small capacity tank of just 4ltrs.
3. Mileage is not upto the mark with 30 kmpl regularly and 35kmpl max.

But the pros since its the primary runabout for my dad are as below:

1. He swears by the ride quality and never uses the Dio at home. The telescopic suspension is very good on bad roads and stable on good roads.

2. High speed stability is good. I have taken it to about 75 kmph and never felt jittery. On the other hand on the Dio i have never been confident to be able to take it beyond 65 kmph. That might be just me!!

3. Small and easy to maneuver in city traffic. It works on the flip side as well as it wont suit bulky people who can still manage on the Dio/Activa

On the whole, we feel Dio is good for me / wife who use it for quite a lot of kms and mileage and fuel tank range is important while Flyte is well suited for my dad with its cushioned ride and good handling where he does not bother about mileage since he never uses it for more than 10-15 kms a day.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:25   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

Have a couple of queries:
1) I have been using the self start option in my Honda Activa? Although I have difficulty in starting the first time, I have never used the kick start till now. Should I use it everytime when I first start the vehicle?
2) I have been filling normal petrol till now and wanted to know whether I should put additives like 4T along with the petrol.
Pls advise.
1) Me and wife were advised during delivery to use kick start the first time whenever we take out the vehicle. So we are following it. Not sure if there will be issues if you dont kick start it. One thing that comes to mind is the battery going weak before its life cycle.

2) Normal petrol is just fine. We have not been adding any additives and there is no recommendation of additives by honda as well.
Old 25th May 2010, 00:30   #1169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
1. He swears by the ride quality and never uses the Dio at home. The telescopic suspension is very good on bad roads and stable on good roads.

2. High speed stability is good. I have taken it to about 75 kmph and never felt jittery. On the other hand on the Dio i have never been confident to be able to take it beyond 65 kmph. That might be just me!!
Stability+handling+manuverability = more control = more safety.

But our Indian people run behind Honda because they can milk those last 4 kmpls out of the engine.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:17   #1170
BHPian

Thanks Abhinav. I was just curious to know the pros & cons of the flyte.

You were the only one whom i came across having used both Flyte as well as the DIO.
Closed Thread