Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 11:53   #1171
BHPian
 
Daewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 943
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
1. Full body of activa is metal
The old activa had a full metal body.
The new one has metal only on the sides.
Daewood is offline  
Old 25th May 2010, 13:04   #1172
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
The old activa had a full metal body.
The new one has metal only on the sides.
Oh is it so! I remember being told by the dealer at the time of purchase of our dio that the new activa will have full metal body like the old one. That was the basis of my statement. Sorry was not up to date on the info.
abhinav.s is online now  
Old 25th May 2010, 19:20   #1173
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

The search for Activa has not yielded any results. Trying to see if the delivery can be faster. How is the Suzuki Access? Hearing mixed reviews.

I am not worried about looks or mileage, Just want to have a quick delivery, comfortable ride and low maintainence. Any long term reviews. I saw initial reports, but no longtermers.
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 26th May 2010, 00:14   #1174
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Go for Access been using one for past 3 months without any complaints....
agspins is offline  
Old 26th May 2010, 18:13   #1175
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Activas are available with small local bike dealers in Chennai. No idea how they operate. I assume they book in advance or have some arrangement with dealers. They have ready stock and prefer cash down or local "sethu" finance. Anyone has experience with these type of dealers?
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 27th May 2010, 18:53   #1176
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Go for Access been using one for past 3 months without any complaints....
How is the ride comfort? I am short 5"3. Will it be fine for me? Also I am concerned about service. There is only one decent dealer in the city, ABT Suzuki. Others are far away and seem to be smaller players. On enquiry, delivery promised in a week. Does it happen?
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 28th May 2010, 18:23   #1177
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Update:

Activas are available immediately in Chennai from sub dealers if you pay 58K. Cash and Carry or credit card. I want to know if the incremental 8K is worth it.
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 28th May 2010, 19:27   #1178
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

Folks,
I've been following this thread on and off for the past 2 years, and now the time has come for taking the plunge---I need a gearless scooter for my son and daughter, as the Kinetic Honda is too old.

I'd fixed my eyes on the Flyte 2 years back, but after reading this forum about GC issues and poor FE, apart from leaking fuel tanks, I've dropped the idea of a Flyte or Rodeo. I do envy the features it has though--like foldable mirrors, great storage space, front fuelling, cell charger, digital speedo, trip meter, good ride, etc.

I did like the Activa that I rode on last week at Vizag while on vacation, but the waiting period at Hyderabad is 4 to 5 months, which is intolerable. I also tested the Suzuki Access 125 and it felt as good as the Activa, and has better ground clearance and power. I suppose FE will be the same as the Activa. Can any Access owners comment? How are the lights and brakes. The TD vehicle had bad brakes.

Both Activa and Access cost around 53 K on road after the budget. I also inquired regarding the Wego at the TVS showroom (fortunately for me all showrooms are walkable from my house), but it is coming only in end of June to Hyd, and i don't feel it is worth waiting.

Last edited by vnabhi : 28th May 2010 at 19:29.
vnabhi is online now  
Old 28th May 2010, 20:23   #1179
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

@ vnabhi.

My wife's daily ride is a Suzuki Access. It has decent power and mileage. Gives over 45kmpl consistently in city conditions. But the brakes are real bad. The bike is capable of doing good speeds, but braking efficiency is so bad that you will have to consciously keep riding it slowly. I had never felt like that in my 2002 Activa which i used for 3 years. The lights are ok for city use (city roads are lit anyway ) I haven't used it in low lit areas at night.
DieselAddikt is offline  
Old 28th May 2010, 21:28   #1180
BHPian
 
rx2389's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
I also inquired regarding the Wego at the TVS showroom (fortunately for me all showrooms are walkable from my house), but it is coming only in end of June to Hyd, and i don't feel it is worth waiting.
Sir jee,

My two cents - Wego is the best gearless scooter at the moment & I believe its worth waiting. I have read various road tests & comparisions in different magazines & it was appreciated by one and all. BTW I own Activa. Its gem of a machine except its poor head lights; poor brakes & starting problem in place like Delhi during winters.
rx2389 is offline  
Old 28th May 2010, 21:55   #1181
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
But the brakes are real bad. The bike is capable of doing good speeds, but braking efficiency is so bad that you will have to consciously keep riding it slowly.
Is it ok for regular conditions, stop go traffic? And will be comfortable for a short person, 5"3. Apart from brakes, what else can be pointed out as cons?
mail4ajo is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 00:55   #1182
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default

Quote:
How is the ride comfort? I am short 5"3. Will it be fine for me? Also I am concerned about service. There is only one decent dealer in the city, ABT Suzuki. Others are far away and seem to be smaller players. On enquiry, delivery promised in a week. Does it happen?
The ride is comfy but bit on stiffer side(tolerable).Would be absolutely fine, you will get used to.Service is good (it very much depends upon the dealer),AFA service schedule goes its like, company offers first 3 service free then next 3 are paid then again further 3 are free for the period of 24 months.i have never really felt any problem with braking in last 3 months of use( i normally ride around 50kph).If your dealer says he can deliver it to you in a week, then you are lucky a man, here in Nagpur waiting period was of 60 days.Got mine in 2 days with help from friends at Suzuki India. Anyways Suzuki has ramped up the production and has improved its Logistics network.
agspins is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 01:09   #1183
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

What is the Oil Rating for the Dio? Is it "10-W-40"?
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 02:09   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
BTW I own Activa. Its gem of a machine except its poor head lights; poor brakes & starting problem in place like Delhi during winters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
My wife's daily ride is a Suzuki Access. It has decent power and mileage. Gives over 45kmpl consistently in city conditions. But the brakes are real bad. The bike is capable of doing good speeds, but braking efficiency is so bad that you will have to consciously keep riding it slowly.
A good set of imported tires like Michelin will improve ride, handling and braking. Indian tires are crap. I still have scars from my fall due to the infamous 'Srichakra' tires.
Mpower is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 09:53   #1185
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
@ vnabhi.

My wife's daily ride is a Suzuki Access. It has decent power and mileage. Gives over 45kmpl consistently in city conditions. But the brakes are real bad. The bike is capable of doing good speeds, but braking efficiency is so bad that you will have to consciously keep riding it slowly. I had never felt like that in my 2002 Activa which i used for 3 years. The lights are ok for city use (city roads are lit anyway ) I haven't used it in low lit areas at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Sir jee,

My two cents - Wego is the best gearless scooter at the moment & I believe its worth waiting. I have read various road tests & comparisions in different magazines & it was appreciated by one and all. BTW I own Activa. Its gem of a machine except its poor head lights; poor brakes & starting problem in place like Delhi during winters.
Thanks guys. I will need to discuss with kids and wife if it is worth waiting for the Wego----but that too might have long waiting periods. I did see the review on a TV channel that stated that the Wego had the fastest acceleration when compared to the Activa and the Rodeo. But those guys ought to have added the Access too in the comparo.
vnabhi is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter CARDEEP Motorbikes 64 1st October 2015 10:24
Gearless scooter on rent in Bangalore? Gandhi Shifting gears 6 5th April 2010 18:58
Now that's what I call a scooter! The genuine scooter company NoMind Motorbikes 0 31st March 2009 15:07
Looking to buy a gearless scooter rascalangel Motorbikes 5 28th January 2009 15:22
Gearless scooter for my dad sathya_j2084 Motorbikes 36 27th February 2008 05:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks