Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2010, 22:52   #1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your Wego! Which color did you buy?

Crisp comparison with Activa and Dio. Now that the competition is providing telescopic front suspension, hope Honda wakes up and changes the leading link suspensions soon.

What was the on road price?

I got the black one, i guess the Honda Aviator, Mahindra Rodeo, and Kinetic Blaze are the only scooters to have telescopic front suspension within India.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:19   #1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your Wego! Which color did you buy?

Crisp comparison with Activa and Dio. Now that the competition is providing telescopic front suspension, hope Honda wakes up and changes the leading link suspensions soon.

What was the on road price?
I got myself a Black one, the on-road price in Bangalore is around 50,689. It also comes with 5 free services.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:23   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesign View Post
i bought myself a Wego, and in comparison to either the Honda Activa or Dio, here's what's the deal.
Whats the OTR cost of Wego?
How effective is the Dynamic Stance as advertised by TVS as its USP in comparison to Activa, Also would like to know what are stock tyres which come for the model. How reliable is the provision of external fuel filling cap,is it lockable? I know I am asking too many queries.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:42   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the black one, i guess the Honda Aviator, Mahindra Rodeo, and Kinetic Blaze are the only scooters to have telescopic front suspension within India.
+
Kinetic sym Flyte (Mahindra Flyte) also have the telescopic front suspension!
Old 4th August 2010, 12:29   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Kinetic sym Flyte (Mahindra Flyte) also have the telescopic front suspension!
So does the Suzuki Access 125.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:09   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey is the black one out, Initially the showroom people told only beige, white and brown are available
Old 4th August 2010, 16:09   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Black colour was already there. I have seen in our area showroom black and white colours of wega sometime back (a month or so).
Old 4th August 2010, 18:02   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Black colour was already there. I have seen in our area showroom black and white colours of wega sometime back (a month or so).
Could you post some pics? I want to see how it looks in black.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:24   #1314
Senior - BHPian

@smashnerd
I dont own a wego hence I dont have photographs (I own a tvs jive black
and whenever I go to the dealer, i cud see the wego lined up there).

please see tvs website and you can have a look at the black colour

TVS Wego - Attractive features and outstanding comfort, Body balance technology
Old 4th August 2010, 19:21   #1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Whats the OTR cost of Wego?
How effective is the Dynamic Stance as advertised by TVS as its USP in comparison to Activa, Also would like to know what are stock tyres which come for the model. How reliable is the provision of external fuel filling cap,is it lockable? I know I am asking too many queries.
The Body Balance really helps, Because i just weigh around 54kgs, and it is hard for me to have a pillion rider who is around 30-40kgs heavier. You usually get that wobble, when you start off, and I have experienced it on the Dio, but with the Wego I was able to take my dad who's quite hefty, effortlessly. The trick was they shifted the center of mass more to the front, It's hard to explain how it works, Take a drive on it when you can, and you'll feel the difference, both as a pillion and the rider.

The external fueling is just like the fuel caps you'd see in cars, put the key in the slot, turn left, and a simple pop, it is open, and it is locked at all times until you unlock it by yourself. Once you steering lock the Wego, you cant open the fuel cap, but the seat is still unlock-able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Hey is the black one out, Initially the showroom people told only beige, white and brown are available
Your in Bangalore yes?, go to Meghdooth Motors, it is located at Trinity Church Complex, Trinity Circle on M.G road. I bought mine from there, at last check, i saw many black and white Wegos, and a few brown and beige ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Could you post some pics? I want to see how it looks in black.
I will take pictures soon, I shall post them on this thread.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:59   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
@smashnerd
I dont own a wego hence I dont have photographs (I own a tvs jive black
and whenever I go to the dealer, i cud see the wego lined up there).

please see tvs website and you can have a look at the black colour

TVS Wego - Attractive features and outstanding comfort, Body balance technology
Sorry, my mistake. Speaking of your Jive, it would be nice to see how it looks.

Quote:
The Body Balance really helps, Because i just weigh around 54kgs, and it is hard for me to have a pillion rider who is around 30-40kgs heavier. You usually get that wobble, when you start off, and I have experienced it on the Dio, but with the Wego I was able to take my dad who's quite hefty, effortlessly. The trick was they shifted the center of mass more to the front, It's hard to explain how it works, Take a drive on it when you can, and you'll feel the difference, both as a pillion and the rider.

The external fueling is just like the fuel caps you'd see in cars, put the key in the slot, turn left, and a simple pop, it is open, and it is locked at all times until you unlock it by yourself. Once you steering lock the Wego, you cant open the fuel cap, but the seat is still unlock-able.

Your in Bangalore yes?, go to Meghdooth Motors, it is located at Trinity Church Complex, Trinity Circle on M.G road. I bought mine from there, at last check, i saw many black and white Wegos, and a few brown and beige ones.

I will take pictures soon, I shall post them on this thread.
Thanks, I'll be waiting patiently. My dad's looking to buy a scooter and I plan to push for the Wego.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:20   #1317

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Sorry, my mistake. Speaking of your Jive, it would be nice to see how it looks.

Thanks, I'll be waiting patiently. My dad's looking to buy a scooter and I plan to push for the Wego.
Well before you buy something, just go for a test drive for these scooters

Honda: Activa and Dio (Dio would be a better choice if your looking for thrills, the Activa would be your choice if comfort and stability is what you want.)

Suzuki Access: this one has a 125cc engine, so the bigger the better. You'd get a good top speed off this.

Mahindra Rodeo: This is really good when it comes to stuff in it. you can change the back light color of your dashboard display. It's digital!, now that's cool. Fuel cap is in the front and would be somewhere where the utility box would be. But ride-wise im not sure how it would be, since i have not driven it yet. It also has a USB port, where you can charge your mobile or MP3 player.

Find something that fits your fancy, and does justice to your driving style.

hope you get a scooter soon!
Old 5th August 2010, 05:10   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Well before you buy something, just go for a test drive for these scooters

Honda: Activa and Dio (Dio would be a better choice if your looking for thrills, the Activa would be your choice if comfort and stability is what you want.)

Suzuki Access: this one has a 125cc engine, so the bigger the better. You'd get a good top speed off this.

Mahindra Rodeo: This is really good when it comes to stuff in it. you can change the back light color of your dashboard display. It's digital!, now that's cool. Fuel cap is in the front and would be somewhere where the utility box would be. But ride-wise im not sure how it would be, since i have not driven it yet. It also has a USB port, where you can charge your mobile or MP3 player.

Find something that fits your fancy, and does justice to your driving style.

hope you get a scooter soon!

Yeah, no purchase without a test drive/ride.
Old 5th August 2010, 08:54   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
I got it. I think Activa has the CG at the centre to accomodate slightly heavier people at the back. What the max permissible weight for Wego? For Activa its 160 kgs.

This is a good feature provided in Wego. Its a pain in Activa opening the seat coevr for refueling. BTW where is the lock located on Wego? near the fuel cap? does it mean carrying an additonal key along with the scooter keys?
Locking the fuel cap with steering lock is a fantastic protection.
Old 5th August 2010, 09:41   #1320
Senior - BHPian

@smashnerd

Please clarify - Do you want to me to post the photographs of TVS JIVE?
(as I have seen that you are looking to buy a Scooter/wego?)

If you want to know anything about Jive, please see my ownership thread on TVs JIVE!!
Closed Thread