Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2010, 09:48   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This is a good feature provided in Wego. Its a pain in Activa opening the seat coevr for refueling. BTW where is the lock located on Wego? near the fuel cap? does it mean carrying an additonal key along with the scooter keys?
Locking the fuel cap with steering lock is a fantastic protection.

I'm not sure if an additional key is needed, but the fuel cap lock is the same as the seat lock that is located at the left rear of the scooter---turning it anti-clockwise opens the fuel cap, and clockwise opens the seat lock.
There is also a mobile charger slot in the underseat storage chamber.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:03   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm not sure if an additional key is needed, but the fuel cap lock is the same as the seat lock that is located at the left rear of the scooter---turning it anti-clockwise opens the fuel cap, and clockwise opens the seat lock.
There is also a mobile charger slot in the underseat storage chamber.
Will that be confusing to have a single key for start, seat open and fuel cap opening? If someone wanting to open the seat by mistake turns it anticlockwise first and then clockwise but fails to see the fuel cap open, is there not a risk here?
@thesign mentioned that the fuel cap opens similar to the car fuel filler cap which IMO opens only a bit. If this happens on the scooter too the rider would fail to see the half open fuel cap.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:31   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will that be confusing to have a single key for start, seat open and fuel cap opening? If someone wanting to open the seat by mistake turns it anticlockwise first and then clockwise but fails to see the fuel cap open, is there not a risk here?
@thesign mentioned that the fuel cap opens similar to the car fuel filler cap which IMO opens only a bit. If this happens on the scooter too the rider would fail to see the half open fuel cap.
Same issue will arise even if there is a separate key for the starter motor---a common key for the seat and fuel cap is the crux of the problem.

However, even in the Access, I sometimes end up opening the seat lock when I intend to lock the handlebar. Old habits die hard, they say---I used to do that on the Kinetic Honda, but in the Access, one needs to press the key inwards and then turn the key to lock the key. A turn without the pressing action will unlock the seat.

The only saving grace is that there is a distinct sound when the seat is unlocked, so I do get to know my mistake immediately.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:39   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@smashnerd

Please clarify - Do you want to me to post the photographs of TVS JIVE?
(as I have seen that you are looking to buy a Scooter/wego?)

If you want to know anything about Jive, please see my ownership thread on TVs JIVE!!
Yes, I would like to just see how it looks in the real world. I'm still gonna be sticking to the scooter though!

P.S. - I've read your review but haven't seen the pics.
Old 5th August 2010, 18:21   #1325

Quote:
There are small icons above the key lock, one of a helmet one of a petrol tank thing, so as long as the person opening it can see, I am sure there would be no confusion.

and about not noticing the fuel cap, when u open it there is a loud pop. So one would notice. and it does open quite a bit, but i doubt anyone who is re-fueling would be that half minded to not re-check.

And having one key is really less troublesome, and i doubt there will be a time where you would need a separate key on the ignition and one on the Fuel/seat lock at the same time.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:43   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Yes, I would like to just see how it looks in the real world. I'm still gonna be sticking to the scooter though!

P.S. - I've read your review but haven't seen the pics.
++

Please see this thread (photographs of JIVE):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ip-report.html (TVS Jive - First Ownership Report)
Old 9th August 2010, 10:40   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Completed the second service of my Honda Activa on Saturday. The odo read 700 kms and it is 4 months since the purchase.
The Checks done were as per the manual. The engine is now super smooth and silent and can be revved up speeds of 60 kmph and above. The suspensions were also attended to considering the potholed roads in Thane. The SA's were pressing for engine oil change which I refused since it was already done in the first service. Had pointed out about the switches going slightly loose, has been taken case of. The side stand had developed rust due to the paint peeling off which was promptly repainted by dealer.
Total cost of service: 0

All in all the service experience was satisfactory
Old 10th August 2010, 14:08   #1328
BHPian

Finally taking delivery my honda activa on thursday after waiting for almost 2 months purple color from planet honda dr rajkumar rd
Old 11th August 2010, 07:26   #1329
BHPian

My search for a Gearless Scooter ended with a Majestic Maroon Rodeo. Have booked it and will be taking delivery next week.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:36   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Finally taking delivery my honda activa on thursday after waiting for almost 2 months purple color from planet honda dr rajkumar rd
Congrats msvg! If i remember correctly, your pulsar which was up for sale was also a purple color right? You seem to be smitten with this color

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
My search for a Gearless Scooter ended with a Majestic Maroon Rodeo. Have booked it and will be taking delivery next week.
Congrats lightpower. Quite a unique choice of the Rodeo. Details about your requirements and the buying decision would help quite a few people.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:14   #1331
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats lightpower. Quite a unique choice of the Rodeo. Details about your requirements and the buying decision would help quite a few people.

The search started 3 months back when we decided to get a two wheeler for her. Requirements:
1. A gearless vehicle
2. A scooter type which can carry her household stuffs as well
3. Sufficiently powered. I will be driving it as well for near trips
4. A good looking one which is acceptable for my Home minister

Activa - Dropped due to the overwhelming treatment got from the showroom when I visited them. Plus the waiting period.
Access - Liked the power. My wify said she felt heavy for her and hence out of the list.
Scooty Pep - My wify liked it but I dropped it due to lack of power
Rodeo - Liked the power and the driving comfort. I felt more comfortable driving Rodeo than Access/Activa. Very techy not sure how long I am giong to admire it but. I personally feel Rodeo looks more current than the rest (Both Me and My wife liked it). I was quite impressed with the way we where treated by Mr. Murugan @ TRANS TEMPO. A different experience from what I faced with Honda and Suzuki dealers. Made couple of visits to the showroom. Every visit was a pleasent one.

On the ground clearance part - I test drove with Murugan and myself. Haven't brushed any place there. Actual ownership may revel some secrets for sure I think.

Wify decided on Deep Ocean Blue from the website but in flesh Blue looked very dull. Hence opted for Majestic Maroon the same color of my existing Enticer.

Now awaiting for 20th to get delivery since being an auspecious day.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:24   #1332
BHPian

Hi All,
Which is the best gearless scooter to buy? It must be inexpensive and require little maintenance. No other special requirements. And brand is not an issue.

So far i thought of Wego, Access, Pleasure and Dio. Please advice :S
Old 24th August 2010, 14:40   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Test drive the wego and access and then see which one suits you in terms of cost and comfort/convenience!?
Old 8th September 2010, 16:09   #1334
BHPian

Took a Test Drive of the Wego. The 90 day wait for the Activa is a pain. The Wego is nice and easy to handle. Ride quality was reasonably comfortable on Bangalore's roads.

Dealer quoted an on-road price of close to Rs. 51k (before accessories like crash guard, Teflon coating etc.) Only wish there were more colours available on it. One problem; the front storage box is standard, which is great for storing a few documents, cleaning cloth etc. But then the footboard space is less than on an Activa (in terms of length and width). So if you have a big backpack/bag full of groceries, it is a bit more uncomfortable carrying it on the Wego than the Activa.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:29   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Took a Test Drive of the Wego. The 90 day wait for the Activa is a pain. The Wego is nice and easy to handle. Ride quality was reasonably comfortable on Bangalore's roads.

Dealer quoted an on-road price of close to Rs. 51k (before accessories like crash guard, Teflon coating etc.) Only wish there were more colours available on it. One problem; the front storage box is standard, which is great for storing a few documents, cleaning cloth etc. But then the footboard space is less than on an Activa (in terms of length and width). So if you have a big backpack/bag full of groceries, it is a bit more uncomfortable carrying it on the Wego than the Activa.
One standard benchmark I use for footboard space is whether it is wide enough to hold a gas cylinder. If yes, then there is no need to worry. Of course, tall riders may not like their knees hitting the storage box
Closed Thread