Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 12th September 2010, 22:13   #1336
BHPian

Default booked a suzuki access- waiting period is 3-4 months

after a lot of confusion and dilemma, finally i booked a suzuki access.

i was confused between new/ used , Bike/scooter , Access/Activa, now/later.
finally end of all the confusion and begining of the waiting period.

why are hondas and suzukis producing so low volume that the wait is for 3-4 months.it is just not fun to wait for so long.

Any tips and tricks to get the scooter earlier, with a premiuim?
Old 14th September 2010, 13:11   #1337
BHPian

Anyone got any suggestion for Synthetic Oil for TVS Scooty Pep+ ? Which brand, grade and how does it affect the performance and fuel efficiency ?
Old 14th September 2010, 13:14   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post
finally i booked a suzuki access.
Congrats on booking the access.

Regards to getting it earlier, there should be a possibility if you know someone on the inside. Apart from that I have heard few dealers promising delivery early on payment of a premium but not sure how far its true!
Old 14th September 2010, 13:59   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on booking the access.

Regards to getting it earlier, there should be a possibility if you know someone on the inside. Apart from that I have heard few dealers promising delivery early on payment of a premium but not sure how far its true!
My brother was looking for a new Activa and he was given a quote by the dealer of 59K for a delivery the next day for any color that he wants for the base version Activa or pay 1k as booking amount and wait 3.5 months. He just walked out.

Last edited by f1fan : 14th September 2010 at 14:01.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:53   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
My brother was looking for a new Activa and he was given a quote by the dealer of 59K for a delivery the next day for any color that he wants for the base version Activa or pay 1k as booking amount and wait 3.5 months. He just walked out.
Whoa!! 6-7k premium for a scoot.. This is ridiculous. Good your brother walked out. No point dealing with such low lives who want to make money by hook or crook. Did he complain to the Honda officials on the website or by mail?

Mohankumar, better wait for delivery than paying up these greedy people just for early delivery if its ok for you to wait.
Old 14th September 2010, 15:08   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Whoa!! 6-7k premium for a scoot.. This is ridiculous. Good your brother walked out. No point dealing with such low lives who want to make money by hook or crook. Did he complain to the Honda officials on the website or by mail?

Mohankumar, better wait for delivery than paying up these greedy people just for early delivery if its ok for you to wait.
+1 to both the points.
Even I was surprised to hear the premium. I believe there might be some scope for negotiations but still 6-7K is too high. I don't think complaining to Honda is going to help.
I too told me brother to book one by paying 1K and wait for it as he is not in a hurry.

Last edited by f1fan : 14th September 2010 at 15:11.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:32   #1342
BHPian

i am willng to pay maximum of 2k as a premium price and not 6-7K.
but when enquired in the suzuki showroom they clearly refused about any such deals and said they do not have any stocks and no vehicle is available even at a premium price.

so i just have to wait up. the ones sold at premium prices are the ones that are from cancelled bookings i guess.

BTW any idea about cancellation procedures and charges.
just for information sake and for the worst case scenario.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:04   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
after a lot of confusion and dilemma, finally i booked a suzuki access.

i was confused between new/ used , Bike/scooter , Access/Activa, now/later.
finally end of all the confusion and begining of the waiting period.

why are hondas and suzukis producing so low volume that the wait is for 3-4 months.it is just not fun to wait for so long.

Why only Honda and Suzuki, Just take a Test Ride of TVS WEgo am sure you will like that Scooter, its has best headlight, smoothest engine, 12'' Wheels, best handling, very good milage and its by far best scooter on Bad roads. and Its good looking as well.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:25   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Why only Honda and Suzuki, Just take a Test Ride of TVS WEgo am sure you will like that Scooter, its has best headlight, smoothest engine, 12'' Wheels, best handling, very good milage and its by far best scooter on Bad roads. and Its good looking as well.
Had Considered the same earlier but dropped it from my list because it dint have top end speed ( OVer 60 kmph).
i want scoots with atleast 70-80 speed range capacity.

Also the Wego waiting period has gone over 1 month now.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:33   #1345
BHPian

In Chennai they say Wego will be available only in Jan, 11. Surprised, since it's a TN company.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:05   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
In Chennai they say Wego will be available only in Jan, 11. Surprised, since it's a TN company.
TVS is doing a Mahindra where M&M have released the Thar in SA where people are already enjoying it and we in India are having to wait for the release. Same with TVS i guess. They have released it in majority of places in India but not in its birth place probably.

A short TD report:

PS: You will see a lot of comparison with the Dio and Flyte since we own these 2 scoots

Had a short TD and was impressed. For a single rider, its very smooth and gains speed freely till about 65-70km/h after which it really struggles. But nothing much to complain as there is no road where you can go beyond 70km/h on Bangalore streets and traffic. With a pillion it was easy to touch about 55-60km/h after which it was a fight. No hassles since its the same with Dio and the flyte attains about 70km/h after which it struggles as well

Good that TVS is giving the front storage box by default but since I am 6ft tall, found my knees fouling with the storage box when going over huge pot holes. This is not the case on rough roads. The floor board area will be reduced due to the storage box up front and suspect if it can carry a cooking gas cylinder as commented earlier. Under seat storage is almost similar to the Dio & Flyte.

Suspension seems to be well sorted as I got one rough patch of road and it was more comfy than our Dio and similar to Flyte. The bigger wheels give better confidence compared to the scoots that we own. I found it easier to balance the scoot compared to the Dio but Flyte is the easiest of the lot owing to its small form factor.

Did not get to test the headlight etc, but the quality of the plastics seem miles ahead of the Flyte and a tad better than Honda. White Wego looks impressive but can be easily confused with the Honda Activa. We might replace flyte with Wego shortly!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 15th September 2010 at 13:08.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:45   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
because it dint have top end speed ( OVer 60 kmph).
If you need to cruise at high speed better to get a motorcycle with disks. Or at least the Jive automatic bike.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:58   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Had Considered the same earlier but dropped it from my list because it dint have top end speed ( OVer 60 kmph).

Also the Wego waiting period has gone over 1 month now.
Top speed of Wego is 60Kmph i doubt, it should at least touch 80Kmph, and as Mpower said, if you want to do such speeds frequently its not advisable to use any scooter.
Old 16th September 2010, 01:28   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Top speed of Wego is 60Kmph i doubt, it should at least touch 80Kmph, and as Mpower said, if you want to do such speeds frequently its not advisable to use any scooter.
one of my close friend has a wego, will take his inputs and also take his scooter for a TD on this weekend.

Practically speaking, we cannot even cross 40 speed in the bangalore bumper to bumper traffic and so many closely placed signals.
so the scooty or TVS50 can be quicker than most of the powerful bikes.

as already mentioned i have/will be getting bike, so another bike is ruled out and maybe i am overexpecting the speed requirements from scooter or
i have a false illusion that i am travelling at speeds of 70 even though the actual speed maybe only 50 on scooter.......possible!

Last edited by rvmohankumar : 16th September 2010 at 01:29.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:03   #1350
BHPian

I am planning to buy gearless scooter around dusherra. Almost finalised Access but the review for wego has really tempted me to give it a try.
As per manavdotcom wego not available in chennai. Is it possible same will be availbale by diwali so that i can hols my purchase?
Also please advice which is better TVS dealer in Chennai. I live in velachery and Ramkay is very near to my house but i have heard lot of after sales service complaints about them. TVS owners please advice.
Closed Thread