Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 14th January 2011, 08:07   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Problem with Suzuki is 6 months waiting
What? Suzuki Access waiting period of 6 months. Cant believe it. The last time when I had enquired for my friend in Thane about 1.5 months ago the waiting period was around 40 days max. Are Suzuki getting a bit snooty here and going the Honda way? If they are then they would realize it soon coz most of the bookings would then go the Wego way.
Old 14th January 2011, 13:56   #1457
BHPian

Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Dunno where we are heading. Am on the lookout for a twowheeler to replace my daily drive of around 50 km on a four wheeler. Waiting periods for some of the enquired bikes
  1. Active : 100 days
  2. Access : 90 days
  3. Wego : 30 days
  4. Thunderbird : 8 months
  5. GS150 : 2 months
  6. Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched
Any ideas ?
Old 14th January 2011, 14:18   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What? Suzuki Access waiting period of 6 months. Cant believe it.
Same story in B'lore as well. Waiting of 3-6 months. Wego is available almost off the shelf. Max waiting period is 7 days in Blore at least till Nov 2010 when my friend bought the Wego. Not sure if the wait period has now increased for Wego as well!!
Old 20th January 2011, 13:20   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Has Wego's price being increased effective today?
Old 20th January 2011, 14:03   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
Any ideas ?
request you to strike off the scooters form that list since they are not suitable for a daily run of 50 Km. Why is no Honda bikes on the list. If you ask for my preference I would suggest to include the Discover 135 and Honda Stunner in the list.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:27   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
request you to strike off the scooters form that list since they are not suitable for a daily run of 50 Km. Why is no Honda bikes on the list. If you ask for my preference I would suggest to include the Discover 135 and Honda Stunner in the list.
+10!! Scooters are best only for short runs in and around your area. If your daily running is 50kms, then you have to select from the likes of Pulsar135, Discover135, Honda CB Twister, Honda stunner. Even the new Unicorn is a good bet with good balance in power and mileage.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:27   #1462
BHPian

Piaggio Vespa scooter launch of 125cc four stroke scooter in the coming first quarter of next year confirmed followed by very intresting high powered scooters latter. IMO Piaggio will break the cartel of Honda and Suzuki scooter combine with its very radical & attractive latest offerings which are in its stable, further automatic scooters are going to be the future mode of two wheeler transport in our country bcz of the vast traffic pile up in our roads.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:38   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dunno where we are heading. Am on the lookout for a twowheeler to replace my daily drive of around 50 km on a four wheeler. Waiting periods for some of the enquired bikes
Any ideas ?
Are you looking for scoots or bikes? There are 100s more choices in bikes

Check out the TVS Jive with auto clutch. That should give you some of the convenience of a scoot with the ruggedness of a bike.
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:41   #1464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched[/list]Any ideas ?
SZ-R is launched and is available in my part.

My acquaintance has got himself a SZ-X on 1st week of January and I have briefly ridden it. The torque spread is good for in-city commutes (no highways though).

You may go ahead with your decision about SZ-R.
Old 27th January 2011, 10:19   #1465
BHPian

I went to book an activa at Dhruvdesh in bangalore and they said, I need to buy extra accessories for a minimum of Rs. 2000. Is this true, and why are we compelled to do so?
Old 27th January 2011, 10:25   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Cool Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
I went to book an activa at Dhruvdesh in bangalore and they said, I need to buy extra accessories for a minimum of Rs. 2000. Is this true, and why are we compelled to do so?
I dont think so you are forced to buy them. But the accessories offered are needed for the daily driving like the turn indicator horn, steel guard, the anti rust coating etc. Dont go for the helmet, Seat cover and other stuff, you can buy it outside. Else no way can Honda force you to buy something you dont want. In case they are still adamant, write about the dealer attitude on the Honda website.
Old 27th January 2011, 10:43   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so you are forced to buy them. But the accessories offered are needed for the daily driving like the turn indicator horn, steel guard, the anti rust coating etc. Dont go for the helmet, Seat cover and other stuff, you can buy it outside. Else no way can Honda force you to buy something you dont want. In case they are still adamant, write about the dealer attitude on the Honda website.
I few of my buddies are in the same field, I would rather have my accesories fitted there. I have already complained once on the Honda website about the attitude during booking. But just wanted to confirm if somebody else heard about the "HAVE to buy min 2000 Rs worth of accesories from them?"
Old 27th January 2011, 12:37   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
I few of my buddies are in the same field, I would rather have my accesories fitted there. I have already complained once on the Honda website about the attitude during booking. But just wanted to confirm if somebody else heard about the "HAVE to buy min 2000 Rs worth of accesories from them?"
They are trying to force the accessories on you. If you do not buy from them, they will delay the delivery of the bike to you. And in fact tell them, you want to buy with full cash, they will delay the delivery even more.
On the flip side, tell them you want on loan and you will take all accessories, you will get the vehicle in 7 days maximum.
If you ready to wait, then tell them you just want the vehicle and if they do not listen, go for another dealer.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:19   #1469
Senior - BHPian

April'09 when we bought the Dio from Haiku Honda, the sales rep blindly wrote Accessories - Rs. 2000 in the quote. I asked him to write out what all are the accessories. I chose only what i wanted and left the remaining. You can also do the same. But like RK_Sans has said they might delay the delivery if you take this route. Better to check with other dealers in the city and take a call.

Quote:
Old 10th February 2011, 20:59   #1470
Team-BHP Support

Have to choose between the three for my sister in law. Which one scores in FE, and cheap spares / maintenance ?

Acess
Activa
Fego

Performance is not a criteria, but don't want it to be totally girly since my BIL would also ride it sometimes.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th February 2011 at 21:06.
Closed Thread