Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 08:07   #1456
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Red face Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Problem with Suzuki is 6 months waiting
What? Suzuki Access waiting period of 6 months. Cant believe it. The last time when I had enquired for my friend in Thane about 1.5 months ago the waiting period was around 40 days max. Are Suzuki getting a bit snooty here and going the Honda way? If they are then they would realize it soon coz most of the bookings would then go the Wego way.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 14th January 2011, 13:56   #1457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Dunno where we are heading. Am on the lookout for a twowheeler to replace my daily drive of around 50 km on a four wheeler. Waiting periods for some of the enquired bikes
  1. Active : 100 days
  2. Access : 90 days
  3. Wego : 30 days
  4. Thunderbird : 8 months
  5. GS150 : 2 months
  6. Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched
Any ideas ?
amit.mishra is offline  
Old 14th January 2011, 14:18   #1458
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What? Suzuki Access waiting period of 6 months. Cant believe it.
Same story in B'lore as well. Waiting of 3-6 months. Wego is available almost off the shelf. Max waiting period is 7 days in Blore at least till Nov 2010 when my friend bought the Wego. Not sure if the wait period has now increased for Wego as well!!
abhinav.s is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 13:20   #1459
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Has Wego's price being increased effective today?
_raVan_ is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 14:03   #1460
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
  1. Active : 100 days
  2. Access : 90 days
  3. Wego : 30 days
  4. Thunderbird : 8 months
  5. GS150 : 2 months
  6. Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched
Any ideas ?
request you to strike off the scooters form that list since they are not suitable for a daily run of 50 Km. Why is no Honda bikes on the list. If you ask for my preference I would suggest to include the Discover 135 and Honda Stunner in the list.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 14:27   #1461
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
request you to strike off the scooters form that list since they are not suitable for a daily run of 50 Km. Why is no Honda bikes on the list. If you ask for my preference I would suggest to include the Discover 135 and Honda Stunner in the list.
+10!! Scooters are best only for short runs in and around your area. If your daily running is 50kms, then you have to select from the likes of Pulsar135, Discover135, Honda CB Twister, Honda stunner. Even the new Unicorn is a good bet with good balance in power and mileage.
abhinav.s is offline  
Old 21st January 2011, 10:27   #1462
BHPian
 
sathyaprakash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 446
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Piaggio Vespa scooter launch of 125cc four stroke scooter in the coming first quarter of next year confirmed followed by very intresting high powered scooters latter. IMO Piaggio will break the cartel of Honda and Suzuki scooter combine with its very radical & attractive latest offerings which are in its stable, further automatic scooters are going to be the future mode of two wheeler transport in our country bcz of the vast traffic pile up in our roads.
sathyaprakash is offline  
Old 21st January 2011, 18:38   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,432
Thanked: 1,682 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
Dunno where we are heading. Am on the lookout for a twowheeler to replace my daily drive of around 50 km on a four wheeler. Waiting periods for some of the enquired bikes
  1. Active : 100 days
  2. Access : 90 days
  3. Wego : 30 days
  4. Thunderbird : 8 months
  5. GS150 : 2 months
  6. Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched
Any ideas ?
Are you looking for scoots or bikes? There are 100s more choices in bikes

Check out the TVS Jive with auto clutch. That should give you some of the convenience of a scoot with the ruggedness of a bike.
Mpower is offline  
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:41   #1464
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,210
Thanked: 4,843 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
[*]Yamaha SZR - Not yet launched[/list]Any ideas ?
SZ-R is launched and is available in my part.

My acquaintance has got himself a SZ-X on 1st week of January and I have briefly ridden it. The torque spread is good for in-city commutes (no highways though).

You may go ahead with your decision about SZ-R.
Sheel is offline  
Old 27th January 2011, 10:19   #1465
BHPian
 
athalaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 112
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

I went to book an activa at Dhruvdesh in bangalore and they said, I need to buy extra accessories for a minimum of Rs. 2000. Is this true, and why are we compelled to do so?
athalaga is offline  
Old 27th January 2011, 10:25   #1466
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Cool Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
I went to book an activa at Dhruvdesh in bangalore and they said, I need to buy extra accessories for a minimum of Rs. 2000. Is this true, and why are we compelled to do so?
I dont think so you are forced to buy them. But the accessories offered are needed for the daily driving like the turn indicator horn, steel guard, the anti rust coating etc. Dont go for the helmet, Seat cover and other stuff, you can buy it outside. Else no way can Honda force you to buy something you dont want. In case they are still adamant, write about the dealer attitude on the Honda website.
ghodlur is offline  
Old 27th January 2011, 10:43   #1467
BHPian
 
athalaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 112
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think so you are forced to buy them. But the accessories offered are needed for the daily driving like the turn indicator horn, steel guard, the anti rust coating etc. Dont go for the helmet, Seat cover and other stuff, you can buy it outside. Else no way can Honda force you to buy something you dont want. In case they are still adamant, write about the dealer attitude on the Honda website.
I few of my buddies are in the same field, I would rather have my accesories fitted there. I have already complained once on the Honda website about the attitude during booking. But just wanted to confirm if somebody else heard about the "HAVE to buy min 2000 Rs worth of accesories from them?"
athalaga is offline  
Old 27th January 2011, 12:37   #1468
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 966
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
I few of my buddies are in the same field, I would rather have my accesories fitted there. I have already complained once on the Honda website about the attitude during booking. But just wanted to confirm if somebody else heard about the "HAVE to buy min 2000 Rs worth of accesories from them?"
They are trying to force the accessories on you. If you do not buy from them, they will delay the delivery of the bike to you. And in fact tell them, you want to buy with full cash, they will delay the delivery even more.
On the flip side, tell them you want on loan and you will take all accessories, you will get the vehicle in 7 days maximum.
If you ready to wait, then tell them you just want the vehicle and if they do not listen, go for another dealer.
rk_sans is offline  
Old 27th January 2011, 14:19   #1469
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

April'09 when we bought the Dio from Haiku Honda, the sales rep blindly wrote Accessories - Rs. 2000 in the quote. I asked him to write out what all are the accessories. I chose only what i wanted and left the remaining. You can also do the same. But like RK_Sans has said they might delay the delivery if you take this route. Better to check with other dealers in the city and take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
I few of my buddies are in the same field, I would rather have my accesories fitted there. I have already complained once on the Honda website about the attitude during booking. But just wanted to confirm if somebody else heard about the "HAVE to buy min 2000 Rs worth of accesories from them?"
abhinav.s is offline  
Old 10th February 2011, 20:59   #1470
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,403
Thanked: 4,680 Times
Default Re: The Gearless Scooter Thread

Have to choose between the three for my sister in law. Which one scores in FE, and cheap spares / maintenance ?

Acess
Activa
Fego


Performance is not a criteria, but don't want it to be totally girly since my BIL would also ride it sometimes.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th February 2011 at 21:06.
Eddy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter CARDEEP Motorbikes 64 1st October 2015 10:24
Gearless scooter on rent in Bangalore? Gandhi Shifting gears 6 5th April 2010 18:58
Now that's what I call a scooter! The genuine scooter company NoMind Motorbikes 0 31st March 2009 15:07
Looking to buy a gearless scooter rascalangel Motorbikes 5 28th January 2009 15:22
Gearless scooter for my dad sathya_j2084 Motorbikes 36 27th February 2008 05:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks