Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 21:57   #271
BHPian

Manish,
I suggest you to choose between SYM Flyte and HH Pleasure, if it is being used by your wife. The Flyte's engine is refined and smoother, but not equal to a Honda engine.

As for the service of Kinetic, three days back the company personnel personally called and attended to the problem regarding the indicator bulbs and they rectified and it really surprised me. The Flyte, I found, is a very good scooter and am really enjoying everytime I get oppurtunity to ride it.

The plus points of Kinetic Flyte over Pleasure/dio/activa are,

1. Telescopic front suspension which enhances the breaking and stability.
2. Font fuel filling, easy and convenient.
3. 22 Lts of luggage space under the seat. Can hold a half-helmet (small full face helmet also) and some luggage.
4. 9 Amps battery.
5. 3 years engine warranty (for first 10000 customers)
6. Excellent ride and handling.

If you really want peace of mind and do not bother about the above qualities, I suggest you to go for HH pleasure.

If you are going to use the scooter, I suggest you to wait till March for Honda's Aviator, which has some real cool features, like 12 inch rims, disk brake, good luggage space.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:15   #272
BHPian

ravi4bhp>
manish 7>
The plus points of HONDA Aviater over pleasure/flyte/access/dio are

1.proven and time tested engine
2.Best in both service and availability of spares
3.Quality of both engine and other parts assured by Hondas relibility
4.Bigger wheel compared to all other scooters so better drivability
5.Option for alloy wheels coupledwith tubeless tyres for better safety and reliability
6.Option for front disc brake which helps in better safety
7.Bigger space under the seat compared to all other scooters
8.International styling
9.Better fuel mileage bcz of 102cc engine
10.Bigger telescopic shocks at front to aid better stability
11.designed for both sex
12.bigger ground clearence to avoid speed breakers
13.Body made of ABS plastic which is unbreakable
14.Instrumentation best in its class
15.Two years unlimited warranty
Old 16th January 2008, 12:20   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
11.designed for both sex
Being a male, and 5'11, i still don't find any problems with Flyte what so ever.
Old 16th January 2008, 14:58   #274
BHPian

Is this the new Honda Aviator? Looks fugly to me.

Old 16th January 2008, 19:38   #275
BHPian

DCEite> Every body knows Flyte is marketed as an girls scooty and this defenitely affects the males perception towards the scooter,add to it it looks small compared to activa or access
Old 16th January 2008, 21:40   #276
BHPian

Quote:
ravi4bhp>

manish 7>

5.Option for alloy wheels coupledwith tubeless tyres for better safety and reliability
8.International styling
11.designed for both sex
Agree with you Satyaprakash, Aviator would be very good scooter being it from Honda and the features it has, but I it not yet in the market, and so I do not want to comment on it. Manish wants to buy the scooter by this month end, so aviator is out of competition right now. I heard, aviator will be available in March of 2008.

Manish, if you can wait till March, you can consider aviator.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:01   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DCEite> Every body knows Flyte is marketed as an girls scooty and this defenitely affects the males perception towards the scooter,add to it it looks small compared to activa or access
It looks small, but it isn't really. It weighs around 106 kgs, which is at par with your favourite Honda. Add to that i found the knee room in Honda Dio less compared to Flyte. And stop calling it a scooty. Your masculine Moto-Scoot from Honda, the Activa, and even the new Aviator comes with a puny little 102cc engine. The 'girly' Flyte manages 125 cc.
Request you to kindly stop making sweeping comments about something you haven't owned/driven extensively.
Thanks.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:21   #278
Senior - BHPian

Access..a drag champ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post

(4) Access 125 - looks sober and decent, better than Activa though. Engine is very powerful and smooth. But again 45-50 days waiting period here and dealer and service network is just dull - was annoyed y their apathetic attitude.
Was checking out a shootout by OD. The Access is crazy fast man.. 0-40kph is faster than a HeroHonda Hunk. 2.28 secs on the Access and 2.92 secs on the Hunk. Flyte is way behind at 5.03 secs.

0-60 the Access powers away in 6.5 secs..almost the half the time compared to the Flyte at 12.3 s.

This is definetly the scoot for performance buffs.

Last edited by Mpower : 16th January 2008 at 22:25.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:52   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
It looks small, but it isn't really. It weighs around 106 kgs, which is at par with your favourite Honda. Add to that i found the knee room in Honda Dio less compared to Flyte. And stop calling it a scooty. Your masculine Moto-Scoot from Honda, the Activa, and even the new Aviator comes with a puny little 102cc engine. The 'girly' Flyte manages 125 cc.
Request you to kindly stop making sweeping comments about something you haven't owned/driven extensively.
Thanks.
Second you DCEite. My friend who never liked to ride a scooter, who is 6 feet tall, praised the Flyte a lot after riding it. He never complained that it is a small scooter, and never complained about the front leg room. He used to complain about leg room in Activa/Dio.

Being a Zma rider, I have never felt this scooter being 'girly.'

Problem again, the front indicator bulbs of my Flyte have gone again .

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 16th January 2008 at 22:54.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:59   #280
BHPian

Quote:
125cc is small compared to 102cc? yeah right!

Quote:
ravi4bhp>

manish 7>

8.International styling
11.designed for both sex
2 years warranty advantageous over 3 year warranty? thats news!
international styling? define please? internationally famous in india more like it
optional safety, not standard
optional alloy, not standard
designed for both sexes???? pls read the hmsi press releases...its for males
time tested engine??? so is the ambassador engine
best in service and spares? i seriously doubt it especially with regards to best in service.

Quote:
hollywoodhogan > sorry to say this man the car and bike award for the year 2007 to sccoter segment has been unanimously awarded to Suzuki access.
For ur reference the car&bike award is awarded collectively by seven national motoring magazines which sends one representive each and they decide the winner together.

So this ends the debate once for all which is the winner in the sccoter access or flyte any day access rules the day budddy
archie > pls do not try to keep alive an dead one bcz u have bought it sorry for u
access got the best scooter award? where do you get your info from?

and well thanks for replying and keeping at least this thread alive. simply shows how much you cannot stand an opinion alternate to yours.

by the way just because you might have bought a lemon somewhere in your life time does not mean that others have too.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th January 2008 at 23:06.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:04   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Was checking out a shootout by OD. The Access is crazy fast man.. 0-40kph is faster than a HeroHonda Hunk. 2.28 secs on the Access and 2.92 secs on the Hunk. Flyte is way behind at 5.03 secs.

0-60 the Access powers away in 6.5 secs..almost the half the time compared to the Flyte at 12.3 s.

This is definetly the scoot for performance buffs.
those figures are incorrect. its a clear printing mistake. i suggest you go to a suz showroom and test drive an access and see if it can really do 0-40 in 2.28 secs. no way man.

and the 0-60 figures comparo with the flyte is incorrect too. its faster but not by that much. try this too at any nearby showroom. i did!

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th January 2008 at 23:07.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:09   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
not true. first of all seven national motoring magazines dont exist.
and business standard has its own award, autocar india has with cnbc, overdrive has its own award, top gear has its own, and bike&car india (Which are sister magazines I believe) do with NDTV profit.

so far, the tally for scooter of the year awards is
1 for flyte from business standard motoring
=
1 for access from ndtv car n bike

lets see if any more are announced and then we can declare winner
make it 2 for the flyte, one from bsm and one from od.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:15   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvvkumar View Post
Is this the new Honda Aviator? Looks fugly to me.

never know how the market responds my dear. it appears that the name honda will have a lot of bhpians groveling to buy the aviator no matter how old or outdated the engine is. proof is in this thread itself.

honda is famous for doing the same to its 150cc bikes (unicorn, cbzx etc.) and the 100cc bikes (spl, spl+, nxg etc.) too.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:37   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
never know how the market responds my dear. it appears that the name honda will have a lot of bhpians groveling to buy the aviator no matter how old or outdated the engine is. proof is in this thread itself.

honda is famous for doing the same to its 150cc bikes (unicorn, cbzx etc.) and the 100cc bikes (spl, spl+, nxg etc.) too.
On anyday, I will bet on a Honda engine than any other. Though the engines are old and repeated, they are far reliable.

It is Hero group using Honda engines in Splendor, Splendor+, and NXG. NXG has the new generation 100cc engine, and is not the same one that is present in Splendor. Also CBZx is from Hero Honda and not Honda. The smoothest engine in India on bike is the 150cc mill in Unicorn. If they use the same engine in different bikes, I do not see wrong in it.
ravi@64bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2008, 23:42   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
On anyday, I will bet on a Honda engine than any other. Though the engines are old and repeated, they are far reliable.

It is Hero group using Honda engines in Splendor, Splendor+, and NXG. NXG has the new generation 100cc engine, and is not the same one that is present in Splendor. Also CBZx is from Hero Honda and not Honda. The smoothest engine in India on bike is the 150cc mill in Unicorn. If they use the same engine in different bikes, I do not see wrong in it.
i never doubted the honda engine reliability. like you have agreed, they are repeated though. new gen old gen. with honda in india with regards to bike engines the diff between the gens is a paint job, thats all.

below is a pic of the alleged "international" aviator....YAWN!!! looks like an access after child delivery.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 16th January 2008 at 23:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks