Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th November 2007, 09:28   #1
Default Honda Shine experience? Owners?

I own a Honda Shine. Its been more than a year. First I want to beat the drums and Im not happy with the mileage at all. Returns 45-50(rare). Whats wrong? All Pulsar 150 owners I meet, thrash the bike around , say they get 50+! My colleague has a Shine too, done more than 10k, he says he gets the same mileage as mine.

Next, the gearbox is clunky. Once or twice everyday it misses 4th, I end up with 3rd, you think your are upshifting but end up downshifting, so annoying.

1st gear and second havent been spaced properly, in slow traffic its bit of a bother because you are too slow for the second but too high for the first; end up using the clutch too much.

The rear tyre is a scare. Its thin, there is no road grip. If it rains, well just wish someone doesnt make a sudden move. Its hard to control the bike travelling to 35 to 40kmh, starts weaving around.

BUT. I love the engine, always manage to give a pulsar or two reason to open their throttles . Chassis is great. Brakes are great. (forget the rear drums)
Blue_V is offline   Reply With Quote