Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th November 2007, 17:56   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default K&N or Stock air filter??

Hi guys,

I'm currently riding a '98 4-speed RX-135. Around 2 months back i installed a K&N filter(1060) & a proton pipe. Now just last week i had a new piston installed as the previous one was on the verge of seizing(after 2.5 years).

Now my mechanic says that installing the K&N wasnt a good idea as it will suck in dirt/dust with everyday use, which i dont agree with but maybe he's right and i'm wrong. He says its ok to install the filter just for races etc. Now that we've installed the new piston he says i should get rid of the K&N asap or we will have to open the engine again in the next 3 months. My take on this is that i was running too lean after the installation of the filter and maybe that messed up things a bit or maybe the piston was going to seize anyway after 2.5 years.

So i need some inputs from you guys about what i should do about the filter & also i'm thinking of getting the bike ported after i finish the run-in period.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 01:44   #2

No guru am i but you will have to upjet after using the k&n filter.

Last edited by rohan_fonseca : 8th November 2007 at 01:48.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote