Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 20th November 2007, 15:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Better go with Suzuki Access. Hope this is also good scoot. Just launched and heard it is powerful also.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 16:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

As usual Honda is taking advantage of their strong presence in Ungeared scooter segment, the height is they charge seperatly for Number plates etc.

The new Suzuki Access 125cc should be a good option!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 16:58   #18
BHPian

I bought an Activa last week to knock around from Bangalore
Zero waiting period. The dealer took 2 days to complete Registration.
i.e. JP Nagar Blr
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 18:10   #19
BHPian

Default suzuki access not on website

another funny thing is that suzuki website (Suzuki)

doesnt even mention Access.

honda website is just down all the time.
and suzuki website doesnt show the scooter at all.

whats up with them?
archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 02:24   #20
BHPian

Hmm, maybe its time I went and took a test ride of the other options, somehow I kind of fell for the styling of the Dio and hence decided to go for it even though its less powerful of the lot.
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 16:08   #21
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If you cannot wait then Access is the obvious choice. Something's up at HMSI....

Meanwhile, I cannot help but feel that Bajaj should put the XCD 125cc motor into an all new ungeared scooter; they might not win the fuel economy battle, but can position as a more powerful full featured alternative (tubeless radial, disc brake etc).
SuperSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I bought an Activa last week to knock around from Bangalore
Zero waiting period. The dealer took 2 days to complete Registration.
i.e. JP Nagar Blr

zero waiting period? well well looks like they are beginning to feel the heat from the access and flyte. now its the access and the flyte that have waiting periods and not the activa anymore (at least in bangalore it appears) the activa days ARE NUMBERED for sure. personally i am quite happy to the end of the artificially created market dominance of the activa. its an outdated design with an outdated engine which has been selling quite well like the splendor. but i guess all things have to come to an end. wonder when the splendor will be done and dusted?

btw, 2 days is nothing abnormal for registration, considering how busy the rto is in bangalore.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 23rd November 2007 at 23:03. Reason: repeat quote
hollywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:06   #23
BHPian

Suzuki access has 45 days waiting period as well!
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
If you cannot wait then Access is the obvious choice. Something's up at HMSI....

Meanwhile, I cannot help but feel that Bajaj should put the XCD 125cc motor into an all new ungeared scooter; they might not win the fuel economy battle, but can position as a more powerful full featured alternative (tubeless radial, disc brake etc).
how powerful is the xcd motor? i believe that its more an economy motor than power performer.
bajaj never knew and still does not know how to make good scooters. the chetak was NOT a good scooter. it sold cos there was nothing else like the way the amby or the fiat sold in those "control raj" days.

the great mr. rahul bajaj once has been quoted as saying "i do not need a marketing dept. a manufacturing dept is more than enough for bajaj". but its appreciable that bajaj has today become a great motorcycle company in india with perhaps the best marketing team in the 2 wheeler industry.
Old 24th November 2007, 00:10   #25
BHPian

I had got my Dio Last year in Oct '06. That time I had to wait for a week to get it, and fortunately though it coincided with the Dussera festival, only time when we buy any gaddi in our family.

After around 3-4 months of my purchase I saw a marketin rework by Honda. During my purchase Dio was dearer by 2K, later on it was made the other way round. Now Activa is 2K dearer. And again, the demand for Activa/Dio duo has been steadily increasing.

All said and done, waitin period of 2 bloody months??? You kiddin me?? Swift petrol has a waitin period of 1.5 months and Maruti is ready to put on table an interest amount to the tune of 24% for the bookin amount... Guess somethin is shady, check with an alternate authorized dealer (if any). Or, try surroundin area dealers.
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 16:12   #26

10 days max for the standard model....2-3 weeks for the DLX in Mumbai. I know this for sure...my Blue DLX arrived this morning
Azzy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 20:01   #27
BHPian

When I bought my honda..it just took 3 days...cash downpayment...but was told activa had a 1 month waiting period...Dunno its kinda weird...but dio is great..a proud owner for 2 years..worth every rupee!
babe_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 02:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

When i bought Activa in early 2006, the dealer mentioned 20 days - 1 month waiting for the color we opted during the booking. Silver was readily available. Ultimately the scooter was delivered within 3 days with the color we opted. I believe even the dealers are not sure on the stock they receive from the company.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 00:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
When i bought Activa in early 2006, the dealer mentioned 20 days - 1 month waiting for the color we opted during the booking. Silver was readily available. Ultimately the scooter was delivered within 3 days with the color we opted. I believe even the dealers are not sure on the stock they receive from the company.

its not that the dealers are not sure, its just a scam that they are running to create an artificial scarcity for their scooters. is it really possible that honda cannot make enough scooters to meet demand despite 4 years of demand? its the "great honda" dealers that have colluded to create this scarcity to create an artificial demand for the product ofcourse in collusion also with the company officials.
Old 16th December 2007, 16:53   #30
BHPian

Smile

Hi Guys - UPDATE on the Dio - Finally after 1 month, I got my Honda Dio delivered on the 6th of december and by now I've got it run-in too
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote