Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th December 2007, 11:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

ok here is my take, AFAIK, you expecting a consistant mileage of 55kmpl will only be delivered by a unicorn, the hunk and the extreme will never give you a consistant 55kmpl but only 50+kmpl. i bet my two cents on this because in my group of friends we have a xtreme, unicorn, pulsar,RTR, and a Zma, and other bikes as well!

as far as the comfort goes please settle for a cbz-xtreme or unicorn, as the seat length on both the RTR and Hunk have been cut off and are short!, you will curse the bike when riding doubles, even occasionally.

RTR consistantly delivers 45+kmpl in the city you might not even get 50+kmpl!, the spares are far more costly compared to the hh and the hondas, my cousin owns one and have seen him crib about the milage, he is way too happy with the performance says its awesome!

as far as the riding posture goes please do the test drives to make sure the bike sets you!

and the best service spares and over all after sales is only offered by herohonda in the market today, the hondas service is just okay but the spares costs have recently reduced,is even less compared to hero honda! and the others!

now my final suggestion is either 1.cbz-xtreme or
2.honda unicorn!

hunk's spares and the other parts will take time to come into the market and will take even more time for the prices to go a normal level in comparision with the other bikes in the market!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 17:27   #32
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sounds like Unicorn will fit your needs more than RTR or Hunk. It is decent enough bike, gives 50-55 KmpL...as someone said, Mr. practical motorcycle.

Also, be aware that HMSI is planning new bike(s), perhaps as soon as Auto Expo in January. If you have still not bought a bike, might as well wait some more.
SuperSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 19:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Boss,

You must understand something very basic. Japs have perfected their engines over SEVERAL decades. as for TVS, they are catching up pretty fast. The RTR is a smashing bike, however, that being said, I am pretty sure it will never have the same metallurgical properties as the Japs (rest everything else can be copied )!
The RTR engine is derived from the original Fiero which is a Japanese Suzuki engine.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 10:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Now i'm even more confused than when is was planning for a car.

THis is what i understand

RTR has jap links and gives terrific performance, is a second generation apache and thus improved.

Hunk is the same xtreme with some biceps.

Unicorn is practical with F.E and Comfort and adequate performance. But honda might come out with a new variant/model pretty soon.

After all this i keep thinking that this is not the right time for a new bike. Probably i need to revamp my RX100. But its the shocks of the RX that made me think of a new bike. ANd now i'm thinking of the same old thing. Have you ever seen someone as confused!!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 12:56   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Forget everything get BAL Pulsar 150 will give you 55+ mileage, Flashy gadgets & niggling issues
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 13:43   #36
BHPian

frankly the RTR is a much better looking bike than the hunk
and the power is way better hunk just has the same old cbz extreme engine its big from the front and slim towards the end looks horrible man
malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 14:27   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Forget everything get BAL Pulsar 150 will give you 55+ mileage, Flashy gadgets & niggling issues
Havent had any issues yet with my 2 year old pulsar.

The reason why i said Pulsar doesn't fit the bill- he has mentioned about bottom- end performance. Pulsar performance is at rather high rpms.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 14:40   #38
BHPian

Default all are ok!

get any of them yeah, they are all ok and you will be equally satisfied with any of them. after all, two wheelers dont even cost that much but people think more about which two wheeler than which car!

unless one bike is significantly better than another, its best to buy from the closest dealership or a dealership that you know somewhat.
sunilbakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 14:44   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Wait and get RTR FI

20 20
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 16:26   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Havent had any issues yet with my 2 year old pulsar.

The reason why i said Pulsar doesn't fit the bill- he has mentioned about bottom- end performance. Pulsar performance is at rather high rpms.
Well the niggling issues I have mentioned are with the Digi speedo & led tail lamp version of pulsars. Anyways these are small niggling issues & nothing major.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 17:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wait and get RTR FI

20 20
Now what is that?? A new Version?
Old 18th December 2007, 23:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Well the niggling issues I have mentioned are with the Digi speedo & led tail lamp version of pulsars. Anyways these are small niggling issues & nothing major.
oh! ok. Mine was v2 version (as its popularly called).

Gemi, if budget is not a serious concern, you should take a look at the Avenger. Will suit you, and wont look out of place near the Adventure.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 00:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

well if its just the shocks that made you think about a bike, man get the pulsar's gas filled shocks for your bike RX-100 they are a retro fit and will do just fine, they cost around 1500bucks a pair, just be happy with it no issues at all , no confusion!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2007, 11:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well if its just the shocks that made you think about a bike, man get the pulsar's gas filled shocks for your bike RX-100 they are a retro fit and will do just fine, they cost around 1500bucks a pair, just be happy with it no issues at all , no confusion!
Is it really possible to fit the pulsars gas filled shocks on the Yamaha RX100. I've seen some RX with Hero Honda Shocks but they never worked well due to the difference in the "angle" in which they are fixed on the RX. ARe you sure the Pulsars shocks would work well? Then i'll be the happiest person.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:25   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes you could fit it. But with a stock RX swingarm the pulsar gas shocks would make the bike taller.

I had it on my RX which had a longer Fazer swingarm and the shocks sat at an acute angle and were very good in terms of ride quality and handling.

Go for the Apache RTR gas shocks. It would be shorter and would suit the weight of the RX much better (afaik apache is lighter than the pulsar).
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote