Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th January 2005, 10:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
So that means it is not going to come here.. Thats not fair....
_CHaO_

not fair not fair not fair at alll!
But on the positive side, i dont have to wait any more!!! I can go get me a 500cc jus as soon as i get my cash flow sorted out!
Hurray!!... i guess
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 10:42   #17
BHPian

Wow, So u r gettin a 500cc bullet anyways...
I am a big fan of the old machismo.. Dint like the new one though...

Many in Cochin have the electra, but it is too small(I donno if i'm right, but it does feel smaller).. And when I rode one, it dint feel as good as a machismo(The sound)...
Man, lucky u.. A 500cc bullet(drooooooool)........
Hope u'r cash flow gets sorted out soon...... Cheers mate....
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 13:35   #18
BHPian

Hey Amitoj... pick up the cast iron engined 500.
According to me the bullets with the newer engines and the gears on the correct side are not bullets. Sure they might look like them but they just arent the same. But of course they might be a little easier to maintain and all that.
There is just something about having a bike that not many other people can ride. Its gotta be the classic 500. Of course there will be the occassional conking out of the bike. Almost all my friends can testify to having got a workout from pushing my bike .
Still is something that i would never ever get rid of. I dont use the 500 much nowadays and everyone asked me to sell it, but i just dont have the heart to get rid of it. Am crazy about that bike. When it does run its pure heaven.
Ok ok.. enough of all that... Between a lean burn and a classic 500... take the classic.. there is absolutely no chance that the newer bullets can match the character of the classics.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 14:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Between a lean burn and a classic 500... take the classic.. there is absolutely no chance that the newer bullets can match the character of the classics.
The more i talk to bullet owners and bullet fans, the more i get convinced that if its a bullet, then its GOT to be a classic!
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 14:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
The more i talk to bullet owners and bullet fans, the more i get convinced that if its a bullet, then its GOT to be a classic!
AMEN to that....

Ya true!!!! The classic is definitly "the bullet"...
And I feel all the newer once should also maintain the gears in the right side and not on the left(like the thunderbird)... And the gear liver too should be the traditional bullet one.... Me dont like the thunderbird gear system(left side)...

_"Every body makes way for the bullet"_
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 18:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Go in for a Classic 500, you wont regret the buy..... i hope your cash flow gets sorted out quickly..... Do get it along for TBHP meets, i would love to check it out. And yeah, congrats in advance!

P.S: Do check out the online Bullet forum....... www.royalenfield.com

Last edited by shravan316 : 6th January 2005 at 18:09.
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2005, 21:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hey fellas

Any idea when RE will be launching the Lean Burn Bullet 500cc in India???
I checked the RE website but that doesnt mention anything about its launch in india. So if anyone out there knows anyone at Royal Enfield, could u please find out and lemme know??

Cheers
Amitoj

Hey amitoj , i believe the thundebird features a lean burn engine, if you want the classic look, go for the machismo , it has the same mechanicals as the thunderbird , so i think that should have the leane burn too.
hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:40   #23
BHPian

Dude, Amitoj, get an old used one!!! A bullet isnt a bullet without its eccentricities ;-)

Like the kick back on the kicker, gear lever on the right.... pushing for a few km's when you run out of petrol (however you will do that only once in your life.... if you do that more than once, hats off to you ;-) )constant oil leaks.... operating the gear lever is also very owner specific. my friends couldnt operate my bikes gears!!!

BUT if you are a person, who does not like to take your automobile to the work shop every week, and keep it in great shape, stay away....
rahulmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2006, 00:43   #24
BANNED

guys sorry to deviate from the topic a bit....
willl be back in india in couple of months time.... last time i tried the bull 350deluxe edition(thts wat my mech said)....this time arnd wanna try 500... so could any1 plz tell how much will be the price for an old bull 500 say 93(as wat i could see in the website thats when 500 was born) or later will cost??? (maybe somebody from tvm or kollam could help me)
chullan_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 05:22   #25
Team-BHP Support

Could some1 explain to me why they have called it the "Lean Burn Bullet" ???

Weren't the 500s burning a little too lean as it is???

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 09:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Like the kick back on the kicker, gear lever on the right.... pushing for a few km's when you run out of petrol (however you will do that only once in your life.... if you do that more than once, hats off to you ;-) )
amitoj.........you did mention something about going on diets sometime back.

You just got your wish!

Have fun, ol buddy. I cant keep up with your Zen, but I sure can stay ahead on two wheels!!!!!!!

Like everyone says, dont wait for the sophisticated lean burn engine. The original Bullet is almost redneck in character - big, loudy, leaky, dirty, quirky and temperamental but a whole lotta fun! A redneck on a diet is no redneck at all.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th January 2006 at 09:58.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 17:39   #27
BHPian

i had been waiting for the lean burn 500 for over a year. every time i wrote to the company, they responded saying it would be launched in India in the next couple of months.... finally bought a cast iron 500 with a self starter.... & iam happy with the way it performs .
sanket12 is offline   Reply With Quote