Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th June 2008, 15:33   #481
BHPian

Isn't showroom price 1,08,000? At that price, this bike is the most expensive Indian bike on-road & add to it, underpowered. I am not buying on for sure and will go for Karizma.
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 15:36   #482
BHPian

Hey,
just got to know that r15 launched !!

It's good to have new technology in INDIA !! 6 speed transmissiona and deltabox chassis frame!!

well i havent got through the whole thread ,but as i saw the Adi am very much convinced about the price and the product matching the value of it !!

liquid cool
6 speed transmission
delta box frame
front and rear brakes
0-60-just minute 3sec
and lots of gizmo's like the handle bar ,digital tacho and all features top up the R15 ,is a strong contender for p220 n ZMA!!

Well as personal experience i don't like the wide front body lights ,they should have made it according to the bike's personality and it doesn't suit those chinni minni tires too!!!

I am posting few vids which i got !!and the new R15 AD from YAMAHA!!

smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 15:43   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The point is it was their hard earned money, no body forced them to buy it or believe the delaer's words and if they are so dissapointed they will let us know. I dont think anyone needs to speak here on their behalf on mere speculations. No one has ridden the bike yet.

Just one look at the YZF R15... do you think it was ever intended to be a touring bike? It has been launched on the chennai track... got the drift?
I do not understand what you are trying to say. I am sorry. If you do not know, people are going to buy vehicles from dealers.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 15:58   #484
BHPian

Just received word from a friend who has been testing the Bike on the Chennai track since morning. He is simply blown away by the performance and says it is not just faster than any Bike in the market now, but phenominally faster!. ZMA/ P200 etc, nothing measures up, even in 5th the acceleration is stunning. I told you guys, dont go by paper figures, this Bike will perform better than you think.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:00   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Just received word from a friend who has been testing the Bike on the Chennai track since morning. He is simply blown away by the performance and says it is not just faster than any Bike in the market now, but phenominally faster!. ZMA/ P200 etc, nothing measures up, even in 5th the acceleration is stunning. I told you guys, dont go by paper figures, this Bike will perform better than you think.
That is some good news!
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:03   #486
Senior - BHPian

I feel the bike is overhyped , its neither a tourer nor a track bike . For 1.1 lakh its a poser bike . And how many are riding on the tracks ? , and even if it is for tracks 16.7 bhp is enough ? , and if it is tourer is 12 liters tank good ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:04   #487
BHPian

hey killer.i think the friend that your talking about is VARAD.Yea he just rode it on the track.Said he hit 126 on 5th with one cog still to go.Handling too he said was the best till date. I think its gonna make an awesome buy.Our zma's and 220's are gonna be plain MURDERED.cant wait to get my hands on one
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:08   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I feel the bike is overhyped , its neither a tourer nor a track bike . For 1.1 lakh its a poser bike . And how many are riding on the tracks ? , and even if it is for tracks 16.7 bhp is enough ? , and if it is tourer is 12 liters tank good ?
You're entitled to your opinion. You know what they say about opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
hey killer.i think the friend that your talking about is VARAD.
Yeah, i thought its better not to mention names at this point

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th June 2008 at 16:10.
Old 12th June 2008, 16:13   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

@Killer: Since its coming from you I will take your word. IMHO the figures are quite similar to ZMA(infact R15 is producing power at higher rpm than zma) & apart from the low weight I am not sure how it is phenomenally faster. Having said that I know that there is a lot to a bike than just power & torque

Please post your review when you get chance to ride the R15
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:16   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
The power output is a big let down. I think this affect the prospects in the market. Most buyers look at only the power and styling.

I went around office asking people if they knew what "power to weight ratio" is. Lot of hardcore bikers didnt. So unless Yamaha embarks upon a big campaign to educate people, this stunt of keeping the power output confidential till the launch will not pull through.

I am sure they wanted to create initial interest in the bike and some confirmed bookings and kept the specs underwraps. I am sure if the full specs were out, there would be no excitement at all.

Who let out the rumours saying its going to be 22bhp? Why wasnt there rumours that its going to be only 15bhp? Shady and misleading marketing. Iam sure the dealers have done their part as well.

Buyers.......any comments???
hardcore bikers eh? because they owned rx100s they became hardcore?

anyway apart from power/weight, refinement, 6 speed etc, what the *hardcore* bikers in this forum also are missing is that 17 bhp is calculated at the crank not at the wheel. same way for the zma and pulsar family, the figures at the crank change dramatically when power reaches the wheel. keeping my fingers crossed that it will have less loss by the time it reaches the wheel unlike the zma/pulsars. PS: i think i read somewhere that power at the wheel of a P180 is in the region of 13 or 14 bhp (can't confirm though).

anyway, i can't hide the fact that i'm disappointed that the bike will have to be modded to get some more push out of it. i don't want a bike that is marginally ahead of a zma/220 (which it may or may not be)... i want to smoke them!

*** edit: will probably start considering the baby ninja now. hopefully i can get enough green for it by the time i'm done with crappy investments

Last edited by Zappo : 13th June 2008 at 01:09. Reason: Remember the 2 smilies per post rule? We are even more strict now about the rules. So please...
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:18   #491
BHPian

Just saw the advertisement from the dealer (Cheerans) informing that the bike is on display and that the bookings are open.
CaliforniaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 16:25   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@Killer: Since its coming from you I will take your word. IMHO the figures are quite similar to ZMA(infact R15 is producing power at higher rpm than zma) & apart from the low weight I am not sure how it is phenomenally faster. Having said that I know that there is a lot to a bike than just power & torque

Please post your review when you get chance to ride the R15
I think we can settle on it being faster than the other bikes no doubt, just by how much, a comparo will tell better than a seat of the pants feel.

I might take a while to get hold of one, i'm sure there will be many reviews up by then.
Old 12th June 2008, 16:34   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
anyway, i can't hide the fact that i'm disappointed that the bike will have to be modded to get some more push out of it. i don't want a bike that is marginally ahead of a zma/220 (which it may or may not be)... i want to smoke them!
If you want to smoke them in a straightline you need more than just a 150cc. If not, you can smoke them in corners right away.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:39   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Someone mentioned that there won't be any test rides for this. So how can we ride first and then decide
test ride reports will come along with "initial ownership report" and hey! also along with "longterm ownership reviews". And not to forget the 'n' no. of magazines, tv programs, friends of R15 owners, and other bhpians.

PS: when the comet was launched, did the kinetic dealers offered test rides? anybody?
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:43   #495
Senior - BHPian

OT....KKr2k2 Loved your signature.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote