Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th June 2008, 23:52   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its going to be fantastic on the track for sure. But the main worrying factor for me is the high rpms in which both power and torque peak.

Wonder how the performance will be in normal spirited driving in the city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Correct! The indian road conditions can make any vehicle plying on it, a mess.

@balenopower:
Yamaha does manage to produce bikes with high build quality but then what about A.S & S ? What about the spare parts availability and cost ?

At crazy driver its perfectly geared which makes good for city driving as well as highways.

@ aaggoswami - Can you imagine how much i paid for the brake pads for my Karizma? i paid Rs 1400 for brake pads on a bike which is being produced since the last 5 years.And even after paying that kind of atrocious amount i get to here " Not in stock". This is with a famed company like Hero Honda.

yamaha is going to come out with a lot more Service centeres.With them getting the R1 and the MT-01 which are going to be serviced here as well i dont see a problem servicing the R15.Agreed it might take some time but with a company like HH still struggling with the zma, i can def give yamaha that much time.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 00:43   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Launched today at a price of 97K as seen here
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 00:45   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
@ aaggoswami - Can you imagine how much i paid for the brake pads for my Karizma? i paid Rs 1400 for brake pads on a bike which is being produced since the last 5 years.And even after paying that kind of atrocious amount i get to here " Not in stock". This is with a famed company like Hero Honda.

yamaha is going to come out with a lot more Service centeres.With them getting the R1 and the MT-01 which are going to be serviced here as well i dont see a problem servicing the R15.Agreed it might take some time but with a company like HH still struggling with the zma, i can def give yamaha that much time.

Agreed to your point. I had to come to blows with bajaj service center.
Thats why went in for Suzuki bike. They are excellent.

Your point is valid that we must give more time to Yamaha. Problem is that in case of HH's main bread-and-butter models, you wont get the reply " Not in Stock " generally. But Yamaha is aiming at these r 15 bikes as their main stream bikes for india.

You didtn like whey you were informed that brake pads were not in stock,well then image what will be the plight of Yamaha r15 owner when he hears this.

I am not against it, but first they should have built a better backbone for supporting their customers. HH is one of the better examples. You atleast will have more than one dealer if experience is bad with one of them.

EDIT: Thanks m-Power.

97K showroom price means more than that on the road. P220 now has some serious competetion!

Last edited by aaggoswami : 15th June 2008 at 00:48.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 00:49   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Launched today at a price of 97K as seen here
Thanks Mpower,

So now all we need to is wait for the first ownership report as all speculations on price have ended.

Thankfully Yamaha has atleast been able to judge that the Indian market does have psychological barrier at Rs 1 lakh.
I believe the price would cross the barrier "on road".

Wishing Yamaha all the very best for this bike.

Cheers
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 01:21   #530
Senior - BHPian

A rather dumb question!

Why is this bike touted as ZMA and Pulsar 220 killer? Is it really that fast? At least the specs don't scream so. It probably handles much better, but what makes it fast? Or, faster than ZMA and Pulsar 220?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 01:34   #531
BHPian

All due respects to your seniority on this forum RX sir Do you still have that RX135 with you.
If yes you already know the answer. Yamaha can do it.
In case its no, Dont you miss your RX???
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 02:07   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i paid Rs 1400 for brake pads on a bike which is being produced since the last 5 years.
Arent the brake pads " Nissin " made in Japan?? The same brand which you find on the CBRs. Atleast the OE on CBZ is.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 09:47   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

sir,

two things. Nissin etyadi all make in india, and def not the same one on the CEEBEER! afaik that is.
and FWIW, in cost of an OEM disk pad, you can put an ASK brand one (75% life, 15% cost) and live happily ever after. Add a SS braided brake line and you're way ahead!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 11:13   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
hey guys..

for all thoose who missed it on tv.. here's the review from cnbc

cheers!
Very nice review.

Gurus - What does "This bike is 4/10ths quicker to the quarter mile than its nearest competitor" mean?
And is the P 220 its nearest competitor? Or is it the ZMA?
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 11:14   #535
Senior - BHPian

I saw the bike review on Overdrive show and Car and Bike show etc.

The company claims the bike to be faster than other bikes belonging to the category above it, owing to the lesser power to weight ratio and the superior technology. The handling is claimed to the best in class.

I do not like the big front fairing and huge fuel tank, little overdone. The front tyres look puny. I plan to go for a bike at the end of this year and this bike is a main contender.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 11:22   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
A rather dumb question!

Why is this bike touted as ZMA and Pulsar 220 killer? Is it really that fast? At least the specs don't scream so. It probably handles much better, but what makes it fast? Or, faster than ZMA and Pulsar 220?
16.8 bhp with a 120 kgs kerb weight..Do the maths buddy
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 11:34   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Very nice review.

Gurus - What does "This bike is 4/10ths quicker to the quarter mile than its nearest competitor" mean?
And is the P 220 its nearest competitor? Or is it the ZMA?
i guess it means in a quater mile drag race the R-one five will beat the zmz/220 by .4 of a second... is that correct guruji's?
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 12:10   #538
BHPian

Quote:
16.8 bhp with a 120 kgs kerb weight..Do the maths buddy
AFIK, 120kgs is dry weight and not kerb weight.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 12:27   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
AFIK, 120kgs is dry weight and not kerb weight.
Yes, its 131 kgs. 120 kgs is the dry weight!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 15:13   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I do not like the big front fairing and huge fuel tank, little overdone. The front tyres look puny. I plan to go for a bike at the end of this year and this bike is a main contender.
R15 styling is too good but those tyres are too skinny! cost cutting? or to extract better mileage perhaps! I would surely get fatter rear tyres on.
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote