Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th June 2008, 15:28   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone describe the benefits of LC and doesn't P220 or ZMA come with rear discs? And, if i am not wrong, FI was first introduced in India by HH
The benefits of using this method include stable performance during long-distance, high-speed riding and hill climbing. A liquid-cooled engine does not need heat-dissipating fins and therefore the engine is able to deliver its best performance without being affected by temperature. Additionally, because the head and cylinder are enclosed in a water jacket, mechanical noise from the engine is reduced dramatically.

P220 comes with rear disks not ZMA.not too sure who was the first to launch FI in india
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 16:04   #557
Senior - BHPian

I said all the features in one bike, HH launched FI first but not with liqued cooling, rear disc break, 6 speed gear box, full fairings and the best part is Forged pistons.
LC allows much more RPM for more power without heating up the engine so more engine life and better performance.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 17:06   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
You are right, it's looks much smaller than the existing bike on our roads.

I just don't find the bike proposinate on the whole, it looks like a local customization, and I feel it's over pricesed as well.
You should see it in person. The quality of the materials used is so much better than on the other brands, and, unlike local customizations, you do not find huge gaps between the body panels, or between the tank and fairing. All the control levers are beautifully made. You can truly feel the quality on this bike just after more than a brief look in person.

But if you are making this comment even after seeing it in person, I have nothing to say.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 17:16   #559
Senior - BHPian

had nothing to do on satuday and my cousin wanted to see the track so went to yamaha R15 launch event on saturday ...

didn't took a test ride as there was a big queue for it ...... was there for 2 hours, stunt event was pretty average

you can view more pics here Yamaha R15 launch event - a set on Flickr
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 18:20   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) 17 ps for 120kg = 141.6667PS / ton.
2) 20PS for 150kg = 133.3334PS / ton.
17PS is winner as far as on paper maths is concerned!
You seriously thought that I could not do that maths? Point is, will it make it far superior over all others? That's what I am reading about everywhere.

If you put a 10kg heavier rider on that R15, will it suddenly become a slow bike?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 18:56   #561
BHPian

RX, you are forgetting that R1-5 has 6speed gearbox. This is going to put the bike in a different league altogether. Imagine same 17PS power spread across 5speed vs. 6speed.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 19:06   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
RX, you are forgetting that R1-5 has 6speed gearbox. This is going to put the bike in a different league altogether. Imagine same 17PS power spread across 5speed vs. 6speed.
At what speed should the 6th gear be engaged (approximately)? 90 KMPH?
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 19:26   #563
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see you back, RX...after a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001
not too sure who was the first to launch FI in india
That would be HH, with the Glamour FI.

Now, granted that the R15 has better, nay, FAR better plastics. Does that warrant the sticker price? I think not.

If Yamaha truly wants to commit to the Indian market, I dare it to shut all production of alba/libero/crap & use the plant to assemble CKD R1's, R6's, 2-stroke FI's (hallelujah) & the like.

Alas, dreams....the way things are going with the current car/bike scenario & the fuel prices rocketing skyward, enthusiasts (the poorer kind-like me) will be left gasping in the wake.

@balenopower: the Nissin pads used to cost 720 bucks. The old batches still do, & are available in the market. Changed my pads a fortnight ago. HH authorised centres sell the new batch for 1400 + tax. BTW, the new HH's are coming factory fitted with KBX kits. Same dimensions. Cheaper pads.

It's quite ironic that the R1's pads are about 1400 a set......
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 20:07   #564
BHPian

feast on this brothers

PS: did i hear right, but in that ibn review of the R15, he mentioned a top whack of 150? thats awesome if it is. i won't have to worry as much about cagers on the highway with that kind of speed.

Last edited by silver_shadow : 16th June 2008 at 20:09.
silver_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2008, 20:40   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
You should see it in person. The quality of the materials used is so much better than on the other brands, and, unlike local customizations, you do not find huge gaps between the body panels, or between the tank and fairing. All the control levers are beautifully made. You can truly feel the quality on this bike just after more than a brief look in person.

But if you are making this comment even after seeing it in person, I have nothing to say.
you've hit the nail on the head,i just came from the showroom where a blue one was on display, inspected it throughly the finishing is nothing less than perfect

here are a few observations
1)the bike looks absoultely awesome in flesh,anyone having doubts about quality/finish must make a visit to the showroom .
2)the fairing is not a single unit , it has about fine panels joined together(which is quite practical thinking from yamaha as each one can be replaced separately , i hope
3)the rear tire is a bit skinny, but dosnt look inadequete
4)No centre stand or padock stand
5)the bike looks stunning in blue
6)they are not giving any test rides sadly :(
7)looks like yamaha is back in business , the showroom was buzzing with activity ,the sales guy happily informed they have already made 240+ bookings they are expecting the first lot around 20th-25th
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 10:59   #566
BHPian

Pity...

The bike would have cost just as much as the other 150s, if not lesser had it not been for the 108% tax since the bike is coming as a CBU from outside (i think).

It would have kicked out the competition...
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 11:05   #567
BHPian

Its a single cylinder? how does it sound? same a zma's/pulsars? any idea
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 11:57   #568
BHPian

Not suer about this..but i thought i spotted one yesterday night. I was riding back home, after dinner and i saw a black machine.looked like an R1 ,but was definetly small. Have they started delivery so soon in bangalore???
shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 13:02   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
The bike would have cost just as much as the other 150s, if not lesser had it not been for the 108% tax since the bike is coming as a CBU from outside (i think).
The R15 is not an international bike! So, no question of CBU.

Besides, do you think all the stuff offered on the R15 could have been priced the same levels, as say, an Apache/Pulsar?

When people say its overpriced, they mean overpriced by 10k or maximum 15k, and not 50k comparing to other 150s.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th June 2008 at 13:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008, 13:10   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Its a single cylinder? how does it sound? same a zma's/pulsars? any idea
I've ridden it. Its fast, but sounds quite ordinary. That is one of my few complaints with the bike.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote