Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2008, 09:29   #136
Senior - BHPian

Not before Dec, and possibly 09 is what I've heard. Oh well, the Pulsar will give me company for a while longer!
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:27   #137
BHPian

If its 09, I reckon Bajaj are trying to localise a major percentage of the parts. Which could mean a price point that is interesting to look at from the buyers perspective.

1.4 lacs would be a steal, me thinks!
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:22   #138
BHPian

over here in saudi i checked out the ninja 250 and man does it look small here i think cause every other bike is a 600 or a 1000 cc
the showroom price is 18000 sr about 2.16lakh rs very doubtful it will be less than 2.8-3
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:38   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Not before Dec, and possibly 09 is what I've heard. Oh well, the Pulsar will give me company for a while longer!
With the current market scenario I really doubt if the Baby Ninja will arrive at our shores this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
If its 09, I reckon Bajaj are trying to localise a major percentage of the parts. Which could mean a price point that is interesting to look at from the buyers perspective.

50% localization is the target from what I've heard, and expecting nothing less than 1.7-1.8 OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
over here in saudi i checked out the ninja 250 and man does it look small here i think cause every other bike is a 600 or a 1000 cc
the showroom price is 18000 sr about 2.16lakh rs very doubtful it will be less than 2.8-3
Well the Ninja here will in Indianised before selling to bring down costs drastically.!
Old 22nd September 2008, 16:57   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
With the current market scenario I really doubt if the Baby Ninja will arrive at our shores this year.
If you are talking about the high inflation, and the general financial markets scenario, then maybe you are right.

But for people who are interested in buying a bike, they will pull out all stops to go for one, slow market or good market.

The only reason for the delay could be the deliberations between Bajaj and Kawasaki with regards to pricing, localisation of parts et al.

The sooner the better, I say. Bring it on Bajaj!
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:14   #141
BHPian

Quote:
If you are talking about the high inflation, and the general financial markets scenario, then maybe you are right.

But for people who are interested in buying a bike, they will pull out all stops to go for one, slow market or good market.

The only reason for the delay could be the deliberations between Bajaj and Kawasaki with regards to pricing, localisation of parts et al.

The sooner the better, I say. Bring it on Bajaj!
I beg to differ, I think that the a feel good factor in the market is related to consumer buying. Case in point; the Indica Vista, well a a product that usually sells pretty well and with Vista things should have just gotten better, but look at the figures they aren't really booming. The timing of launch of a product is key, and this is one among the many other factors delaying the launch. IMO!

Also don't forget the slow moving Japanese, with how much deliberations they come into the market with a product.

All I care is, that the bike is not detuned when finally launched...I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a sub 30 Bhp bike, atleast a true 150 kmph cruising speed!
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:35   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unrealistic pricing. They may fiddle with the instrument panel to the max and put a sari guard on there.

Quote:

50% localization is the target from what I've heard, and expecting nothing less than 1.7-1.8 OTR.

Well the Ninja here will in Indianised before selling to bring down costs drastically.!

Keep the faith about it coming. About the pricing.. We all wish but I think like many have stated here 2.5-3.0L is more realistic.

Any official news on the release?
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:42   #143
BHPian

wow!! Anything under 2lacs on road and they will have me as a buyer for sure! 100% I will buy this!
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ, I think that the a feel good factor in the market is related to consumer buying. Case in point; the Indica Vista, well a a product that usually sells pretty well and with Vista things should have just gotten better, but look at the figures they aren't really booming. The timing of launch of a product is key, and this is one among the many other factors delaying the launch. IMO!

Also don't forget the slow moving Japanese, with how much deliberations they come into the market with a product.

All I care is, that the bike is not detuned when finally launched...I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a sub 30 Bhp bike, atleast a true 150 kmph cruising speed!
I agree with you to a large extent. The market scenario is crucial to launch of a vehicle. But here we are talking of a premium bike as far as the Indian market goes. The Ninja 250 R is touted as the next big thing to hit the bike market in India and will revv up the already hot market. Thats why I said, come what may, if Bajaj price it right and back it up with good service, this bike will sell like hot cakes.

I hope they dont detune it to a large extent. I'd happy with a cruising speed of 120-130 kph and a top whack of 150+ kph.
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:32   #145
BHPian

I would also love to buy it if it is below 2 L.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:27   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
must say...... aleast few bikes can be seen @ indian roads
i may buy one if its less than 2 lakh
i m living @ dubai so i can get some costom parts like exausts, filters etc
waiting the ninja hit the indian road
rio
Old 24th September 2008, 01:14   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
that seems to be an ideal price for the bike..any updates on the launch??
Old 24th September 2008, 11:09   #148
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I am also waiting for this. And my price expectation is the most aggressive/stupid-1.5L on road. On second thoughts, can it be done? I dont care what speedo, tacho, weirdo, hairdo theyput in there. As long as chassis, engine & transmission are top notch everything else doesnt matter in my opnion. Initally lusted after R15. Pricing was a huge disappointment. If Ninja 250R can be a 30BHP, Fi bike with a price tag of 1.5L on road then I will buy without second thoughts
Old 24th September 2008, 12:19   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
I am also waiting for this. And my price expectation is the most aggressive/stupid-1.5L on road. On second thoughts, can it be done? I dont care what speedo, tacho, weirdo, hairdo theyput in there. As long as chassis, engine & transmission are top notch everything else doesnt matter in my opnion. Initally lusted after R15. Pricing was a huge disappointment. If Ninja 250R can be a 30BHP, Fi bike with a price tag of 1.5L on road then I will buy without second thoughts
1.5 lacs OTR! Thats too wishful, my friend. But it could be doable if Bajaj rolls up its sleeves and cuts a sweet deal with Kawasaki on parts pricing, localisation, etc. I doubt if it would be FI, we might get the American version which has a carburetor. FI is in the European variant.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:50   #150
BHPian

Quote:
1.5 lacs OTR! Thats too wishful, my friend. But it could be doable if Bajaj rolls up its sleeves and cuts a sweet deal with Kawasaki on parts pricing, localisation, etc. I doubt if it would be FI, we might get the American version which has a carburetor. FI is in the European variant.
hey wats the diffnt between american version with a carburetor and the european FI ? ( sorry to ask tht ...really excited to know bout it)
Closed Thread