Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 21:04   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default Bullet 350 - Roll on acceleration in 2nd gear. Video!

Guys this video was taken last Sunday. It's me with the red helmet on my twin-spark 350. I accelerate to 80 in 2nd then shift to third by the time you see me as that small speck i was doing around 110 in 3rd gear. Then a JCB decides to take a right turn and i slow down.

I hope it ain't not too bad for an old girl

Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 09:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Not bad for an old lady with lot of Botox and estrogen
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 10:06   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

like how it pulls away. but bullets are'nt known to be sprightly, old or young.they are supposed to be long legged cruisers. what have guesome acts have you committed on the old lady? other than botox and estrogen

i remember you telling me about engine mods when I met you last week, but dont remember the exact crimes you are guilty of.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 11:51   #4
BHPian
 
devil_in_flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 89
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Guys this video was taken last Sunday. It's me with the red helmet on my twin-spark 350. I accelerate to 80 in 2nd then shift to third by the time you see me as that small speck i was doing around 110 in 3rd gear. Then a JCB decides to take a right turn and i slow down.

I hope it ain't not too bad for an old girl

110 in 3rd???!!! Thats insane. The vibrations must have been bone shattering!!
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 12:03   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Good exhaust note buddy and which stretch was this ? And please drive safe dude.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 12:20   #6
BHPian
 
praJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 537
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Great going sankar, next time get ursellf some riding gears and a cramster jacket.
drive safe buddy take care..

Last edited by praJEEP : 20th January 2008 at 12:30.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 21:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
like how it pulls away. but bullets are'nt known to be sprightly, old or young.they are supposed to be long legged cruisers. what have guesome acts have you committed on the old lady? other than botox and estrogen
Thats a common misconception Ripper, the Bullet in it's time had been used for Trials riding and a bit of road racing and was quite successful in it. And it handles too... i mean it's not as bad as a pukka cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
110 in 3rd???!!! Thats insane. The vibrations must have been bone shattering!!
It's like enjoying one's ride and having a total body massage at the same time... hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Good exhaust note buddy and which stretch was this ? And please drive safe dude.
This is the Trivandrum bye pass. the only stretch in this part of the world where one can stretch the legs... especially when you've got long legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Great going sankar, next time get ursellf some riding gears and a cramster jacket.
drive safe buddy take care..
Yes thanks mate. Im soon buying the cramster gear; The mesh type jacket would suit our climate.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:04   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Sankar, my stock 350 Electra would do the geared speeds you mention, maybe yours does it a bit faster. But the vibrations are not going to be good for your bike, I tell you.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,801 Times
Default

Nice !! Could you please give all the details abt the work done on your bike ?
Nikhilb2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:50   #10
BHPian
 
motorheadinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: University of Bath
Posts: 282
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

great going dude .
Though i won't forward the same to my dad as it would shatter my childhood dreams of owning a bullet.
Nowadays i can afford to pull down a 2nd hand bullet as i have recently started working after my graduation.

OT do you know some good folks in pune from whom i can source a well priced 350 cc beast???
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 11:56   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Sankar, my stock 350 Electra would do the geared speeds you mention, maybe yours does it a bit faster. But the vibrations are not going to be good for your bike, I tell you.
My friend's stock 2007 STD350 would do the geared speed i mention

It can keep up with a 500 with the Goldie in acceleration & speed. And vibrations are okay for me; been running with that kind of a setup for the last 7000kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Nice !! Could you please give all the details abt the work done on your bike ?
Head port job, higher compression, twin plugs, larger carb, etc etc..


Edit: If i've been told that i was being videotaped then i would've tried to impress more.. lolz

Last edited by Sankar : 24th January 2008 at 11:59.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 10:37   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,309
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default twin plugs ..where?

Sankar.. if you check this thread... can you tell me where you got the twin plug work done? also...the paint job is fantastic....is it dupont? did u get it done inside a paint booth?
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 23:23   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Paint job is fanastic??? Man you serious??? It's horrible. It's in need of a repaint.. i like the colour though. It's local roadside painting.

The twin plug job was done by me.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 23:36   #14
BHPian
 
susan3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kapurthala
Posts: 345
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Sankar, how do you propose to make braking more effective on this bike which has such high spirits?!
It has been more than 10 years of riding Bullets for me, but somehow I have never been satisfied with the braking aspect.
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 23:53   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,508 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Sankar, how do you propose to make braking more effective on this bike which has such high spirits?!
It has been more than 10 years of riding Bullets for me, but somehow I have never been satisfied with the braking aspect.
Braking power of my 2LS front hub setup is pretty good. If needed be i can lock my front wheels on tarmac it's that good. The brake pads have some truck shoe material called allite or something.

The front hub needs some adjustment now. This is the only problem i have with my hub setup it's not self adjusting like the disks. Braking power isn't an issue yet.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bullet Std 350- stuck gear topedgemonk Motorbikes 3 21st June 2015 14:26
Steps in calculating the acceleration timings [0-100 & in-gear]? swiftnfurious Technical Stuff 4 31st October 2011 05:44
Bullet 350 - Gear changing issues ac 427 Motorbikes 51 8th October 2010 21:12
Swift 2nd Gear Problem EDIT: Now first gear problem BUSA Technical Stuff 85 2nd September 2009 18:47
Alto in-gear acceleration figures anyone? lynx The Indian Car Scene 0 14th March 2009 16:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks